Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18-01-2016
LANDED..........
06-02-2016
ollyollyolly said:
@ Fistilarte.
Congrats on your work permit. I'm planning to do the same thing since I live close to the border here. I have AOtR, and my permit expires in August.
Just one question though, did you have to fill out forms at the border, or did you fill them before going? and what forms are those if any. Thanks
Send question in inbox, already replied.

St-Claire

May 30, 2017
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
Hey guys, I know this forum has been put to rest a long time ago, but I've just found myself in a bit of a pickle, and was hoping the wealth of knowledge and experience here could help advise me further.

Our situation is as follows in Nova Scotia:

1. I am currently on an IEC visa which expires in about 6 weeks
2. Me and my brother have got our Provincial Nominee Certificate with a Letter of Support today to apply for a new work permit
3. We have not submitted our PR application yet as PNP just came through
4. We have just been told that there is an employer compliance fee as we have to apply for employer specific work permit :(
5. Sadly, my employer wont pay it :(

Is there any was around this at all??? I know some have been in similar situations with this, how did things work out

I was first told the employer compliance fee was only needed for online application and not at the Port of Entry, but now Im told it has to be paid regardless.

Ive called CIC offices several times and they have advised me incorrectly far too many times with conflicting information, so Im hoping the pool of knowledge on the forum here along with your experiences may be able to advise me a bit further to shed light on some options.

Ideally we would like to keep working to remain employed so that the PNP will still be valid for our PR application.

Ive thought about requesting a leave of absence from work if they wont pay the fee just to remain 'employed' to not invalidate the PNP offer.
I am told that simply submitting my PR application will not grant us 'Implied Status' either without a work permit application submission.

Id appreciate any constructive helpful ideas and guidance other then the obvious one of 'packing my bags and leaving' as it was put to me so eloquently by an agent on the phone from CIC.

Thanks in advance.