24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
corazon3 said:
Great news! As a Canadian citizen I strongly support Immigration Minister Chris Alexander. The citizenship residency requirement should be increased to 6 out of 8 yrs, not 4 out 6 yrs. There are too many immigrants in Canada, and something needs to be done!
Are you born in Canada or naturalized?

corazon3

Star Member
May 27, 2010
Dejaavu said:
They have been talking about it for a while. Let us see when it actually happens. As for Jan 2014, I am not very optimistic since those MPs like to enjoy their winter vacation :)
But why drum this up again at the end of 2013? It's highly likely the bill will be submitted & passed early in 2014. Every Canadian citizen wants it. This is a very popular move by Harper and his gang who are gearing up for the upcoming election.

khakalove

Star Member
Dec 26, 2010
corazon3 said:
Great news! As a Canadian citizen I strongly support Immigration Minister Chris Alexander. The citizenship residency requirement should be increased to 6 out of 8 yrs, not 4 out 6 yrs. There are too many immigrants in Canada, and something needs to be done!
hi, hi corazan 3 ,this is not good idea, ,,,, and you are happy with that because y are already citizen, and goody goody, ::) ::) ::) smart hna, ,,

corazon3

Star Member
May 27, 2010
EasyRider said:
The important points of that bill were discussed by lawyers a month ago: https://twitter.com/Twimmigration/status/405513957101666304
Actually I am the one who broke the news here a couple of months ago.

Now even National Post covers this story:

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/12/27/as-canadian-citizenship-rules-face-an-overhaul-by-the-harper-government-in-2014-heres-what-to-expect/

The change is coming soon. They were just testing the water, and now they realized they are ready for this early next year. So they are firing a final warning shot at the end of 2013.

corazon3

Star Member
May 27, 2010
Read the comments section. Everyone welcomes this change.

Wonderful news that we finally have a government willing to tackle a very contentious issue, and yet it must be addressed since there is so much mutilation of the meaning of a Canadian citizenship, one of the best prizes in the world.[quote/]

corazon3

Star Member
May 27, 2010
khakalove said:
hi, hi corazan 3 ,this is not good idea, ,,,, and you are happy with that because y are already citizen, and goody goody, ::) ::) ::) smart hna, ,,
I knew there's no way that they will make every PR a citizen after they let in record numbers of immigrants in recent yrs. I knew this was coming.

Dejaavu

Aug 17, 2013
Not every PR can become citizen anyway even without the citizenship application/process. I know quite a few immigrants who went back to where they came from. They couldn't find a job in their field or they were not happy with their life in Canada and went elsewhere including their home country.

I think record number of immigration is becoming unpopular esp in this challenging economic environment.

Whenever I read news about immigration, comments are usually against it.

If that bill becomes a law in January, I will be really impressed how efficient Canadian legislative process is.

Dejaavu

Aug 17, 2013
I worked at a retail bank as an account manager and I opened so many accounts to newcomers. Most of them came thru skilled worker program and some of them didn't even speak English. I am surprised how they were able to get their PR approved under that category.

After a year or so I would see same clients running out of money and closing their accounts and going back to their home countries.

corazon3

Star Member
May 27, 2010
Dejaavu said:
I worked at a retail bank as an account manager and I opened so many accounts to newcomers. Most of them came thru skilled worker program and some of them didn't even speak English. I am surprised how they were able to get their PR approved under that category.

After a year or so I would see same clients running out of money and closing their accounts and going back to their home countries.
Now you get the picture? It's all about money. Canada lets in almost everyone who wants in and then fleeces them off their savings and kicks them out when they run out of money. This is called immigration industry. Canada is like a revolving door.

Dejaavu

Aug 17, 2013
Of course, it is a nice way to keep the economy growing.
Canada doesn't bring immigrants out of the goodness of heart. It is very pragmatic and strategic.

corazon3

Star Member
May 27, 2010
Dejaavu said:
Of course, it is a nice way to keep the economy growing.
Canada doesn't bring immigrants out of the goodness of heart. It is very pragmatic and strategic.
Now you see what I'm talking about. It's all planned out!

EasyRider

Oct 12, 2008
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dejaavu said:

That was the govt plan, at least one of the options. Let people in and let them sink or swim. The basic goal is to extort cash/taxes. Reverse colonization, process which the powers are so addicted to. Canada is run like a corporation for the profit of stakeholders.

on-hold

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2010
EasyRider said:
That was the govt plan, at least one of the options. Let people in and let them sink or swim. The basic goal is to extort cash/taxes. Reverse colonization, process which the powers are so addicted to. Canada is run like a corporation for the profit of stakeholders.
Sink or swim is how the world works, not just Canada. I don't think too many people who came here were living for free on the government's dime in their own countries.