Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Sorry for not posting a quote today. I am temporarily postponing them until the day after Christmas if that is okay. Just using this time to focus on family. I will post for the missed days on that day as well so there will actually but three quotes and such.

In case I do not come tomorrow, I want to wish you and your families a safe and very Merry Christmas. May this New Year for all of us be filled with lots of happiness, love, and good luck (also PR and AIP wouldn't hurt too). ;) MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEAR'S!

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
nasha said:
first time poster although reading forum regularly.
got an update today on ecase and very nervous about it.

We received your application for permanent residence on March 5, 2010.

We started processing your application on May 21, 2010.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

any thoughts?
It is an AIP. First Stage Approval. Congrats

nasha

Oct 10, 2010
adzees said:
It is an AIP. First Stage Approval. Congrats
may be they updated ecas yesterday because letter for sponsorship approval for my wife dated dec 7 and i got it on dec 12.for myself i never got aip letter and still waiting.

Janadian

Jun 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 18 2010
File Transfer...
02-11-2010
Med's Request
Oct 2011 -2nd Medical request
Med's Done....
October 2009
Interview........
11-01-2011
Merry Christmas Everyone!
I hope you and your families had a wonderful day yesterday. :)

Ours was fantasic. We are just cleaning up from the festivities now and planning to g to a movie this evening.

Well..16 more days until we go to meet with CIC. Im confident we can answer any questions they may have and hope that they will see the loving and commited couple we are.

Time will tell.

Wishing everyone here a happy new year too!

juck

Dec 26, 2010
Search: "operational manuals", click, select "inland processing", select your type of application. The manuals describe the process and also contain templates for letters from CIC. You will know, what to expect.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Firstly I just want to say that I hope all of you had a great Christmas. Been lucky enough that this is my 3rd one in a row with my hubby. Hopefully next year it will be permanent for all of us here. ;) I also just want to say how sorry I am that I haven't posted in a while but as you all know, it is a very busy time of year. Now as promised I will post quotes for the missing days and activities as well. Sorry this may be a long post so just warning you. And again just sorry if they aren't all too great but somedays it is harder for me to be creative than others.

QUOTE OF THE DAY (Fri. Dec 24, 10)
"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."

INLAND WAITING ACTIVITY OF THE DAY
If you haven't gone to college yet or are planning to attend one again, spend this valuable time researching schools around you. Go in for an interview and ask a few questions. Take notes for future references until you are ready to attend school. Also, now would be a good time to start investing a few dollars or so to a college fund either for you or your older children and maybe start investigating ways to afford school in a proper way.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

QUOTE OF THE DAY (Sat. Dec 25, 10)
"Don't believe what your eyes are telling you. All they show is limitation. Look with your understanding, find out what you already know, and you'll see the way to fly."

Even though you may not be financially stable right now or maybe not as much as you would like to be (we all understand this part) this shouldn't stop you from dreaming of your own home or apartment. You can start making future plans about where you want to live, how many bedrooms, what rules you will have, etc. This is the time to start planning your future before your future catches up. Maybe you can do what I like to call back home "house watching". You drive or walk around the neighborhoods looking at all the different places. Discuss what you don't like and do like. Look online and there are also sites you can build a virtual dream home on. Have fun with it. That way when you get a job, AIP, or PR, you will already know what you are looking for and can start finding your dream home together.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

QUOTE OF THE DAY (Sun. Dec 26, 10)
"What I do today is important because I am exchanging a day of my life for it."

Use this time to maybe plan a getaway trip for just the two of you or your family. Maybe not in the nearest future but just sometime. It will give you time to be creative and excited about something again. After you get PR then you can book the trip the two of you have wanted to go on and it will be a much needed vacation. We all love Canada but sometimes we need to travel other places. It will give a romantic getaway to find the romance that maybe the process of this has dwindled down from all the stress. It will give you something to look forward to again. It is okay to let yourself let go of this process and imagine a happy moment. If you see it and believe it, it will happen.

QUOTE OF THE DAY (Mon. Dec 27, 10)
"The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible."

If you can afford the gas, go on a roadtrip with the family. Show them places they may not get a chance to see later on. Plus it is a nice opportunity to get to know this country and all its beautiful landscape. Be sure to take plenty of pictures and make a scrapbook to remind you of the fun getaway you had with the family. Family vacations are always important in keeping a family stress free and close with each other. It gives you time to reconnect. Who knows, maybe you will make it a tradition for the family. :)

Latvian

Star Member
Oct 26, 2010
Halifax, NS, Canada
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2010
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE !!!

ALL THE BEST FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILIES, AND GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF US WITH IMMIGRATION :D

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Not sure why I keep getting bad ratings, hmm, been trying my best to make people happy and give them good answers so I am doing what I can within reason. Sorry if it isn't good enough. Also, I may be taking a break from here. I want to focus on my family more and just stop thinking of immigration all together for a while. Just want to appreciate all the time I get here just in case I don't get approved. I will more than likely try to update the chart in the other thread when I can but probably stopping with the quotes etc. for a while unless of course you all need the extra boost. I hope you all understand. I will still be lurking and I hope I continue to hear updates from you all. I will of course update all of you on anything that goes on with our case. I just came to realize though I only have a few months until I hear the result and if it comes out bad then I don't want to regret knowing that all the time I was spending with hubby and family, that I was always thinking of immigration in the process instead of enjoying this time. I want to relax, appreciate every moment more, and let things happen as they do. Those of you that still have me on Facebook can keep in touch with me there as often as you like. Don't let this stop us from being friends. Good luck everyone and you know I am routing for all of us to have good news this year.

lpeacock

Dec 29, 2010
Vancouver, B.C.
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 30, 2010
This is my first post, but I've been trolling the site for a month or two while waiting like a bump on a log for my stuff to be processed.
I have a question for those of you who have received your first stage approval/PR.
My husband (Canadian PR) is sponsoring me (American) via an in-land application. They received the application on March 30, 2010.
I checked the status of my application online yesterday and it says:

"We received your application for permanent residence on March 30, 2010.

We started processing your application on June 14, 2010.

Medical results have been received.

We received the requested information on June 29, 2010. Thank you for providing the information.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted."

I'm assuming (and praying and hoping) that this means I'm getting my first stage approval. It says they mailed it out on December 21, 2010. My visa office is Vegreville, AB, and we're living in Vancouver, B.C.

My question is ... how long does it take for the packet to come in the mail? I called the CIC call centre, but I rarely get a straight answer out of them. What are your experiences? Please tell me good things! It's nine months later and I'm ready to pull my hair out.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Hi lpeacock.

You have received AIP because if you hadn't then you also would have seen the line "Your file has been transferred to your local office, etc. etc." on it but since it says medicals received and decision made without the other line then you have been approved. CONGRATS.
Yeah the call centre isn't very reliable and I am not even sure if some are trained or not because it seems like sometimes they just create their own answers. I would suspect it would be like any other mail that I have received and would take 7-10 days to arrive. So just count 7 or 10 days from the day they sent the letter and that is when you should expect to see the letter in the mail. You may get lucky and have it arrive early but they send it standard mail so be expecting at least 7 days. You can also call the call centre again and ask what the decision that was made was. They should see it and be able to tell you.

Again congrats. Can you share a bit more of your story like how long you have been together, what your ages are, how much evidence you sent, etc. We all like to be able to relate and compare. Thanks for sharing your good news. Looks like you can finally relax and start a life together in Canada. Hope my day comes soon. 3 and a half more months to go for me. Ugh...feel like I can't take it anymore. Lol.

lpeacock

Dec 29, 2010
Vancouver, B.C.
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 30, 2010
Hey Love_Young,

Thanks for the reassurance! I'm hoping this nightmare will be over soon. And when I called the CIC centre, the rather rude phone rep. told me he couldn't tell me the decision made on my file. UGH. So I have to wait for the thing to come in the mail. Hopefully I'll get it next week. Next Tuesday will mark 14 calendar days since they mailed it.

I'm 24 and my husband is 25, we've been married about a year and a half and we've been dating for eight years as of February 15. We met while we attended the same high school near Atlanta, GA, in the U.S.

This whole immigration process has been completely overwhelming. I HATE not being able to work. I'm a journalist by profession and sitting at home and playing the accidental housewife is driving me insane. But, I have to say, the economy here is so much better than in the U.S. I've gotten several job offers, but I have to wait until I get my OWP to take any. :(

In our application, I sent a good bit of evidence, even things they only ask for in the outland application. I sent copies of our engagement and wedding photos, joint bank account statements, photos from trips we've taken over the last several years, etc. Mostly, I sent a ton of photos (my husband is a photographer). I'm pretty sure they're tired of seeing our faces after processing the application.

I have another question. Even though I'm hopefully getting my AIP soon, my visitor visa expires in July 2011, which is before the estimated time I'll get my full permanent residency (according to the CIC application processing times, it'll be sometime in September 2011). Does that matter? Or does AIP count as some sort of status in Canada? I've gone back and forth between here and the U.S. on my visitor visa pretty easily, but I don't want it to expire and then have trouble getting back into Canada. Blerg.

Thanks for your informative answer, Love_Young! And I hope your last three+ months will pass with a quickness. Stay strong. In the wider scope of our lives, nine months isn't really too long. Even though it feels like eternity.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
I am sorry that you got a rude CIC agents. I too have had them be rude to me as well. You just got to keep trying and I have found that sometimes in the very early morning they are more easy going. I am very confident that you will get your letter soon, maybe even by Friday because the week is not over yet. ;)

It is nice to see that you two are a young married couple too. I will be 21 in March and my hubby is 21 now. Been together for 2 years now and married for 7 months. I am the one from the US (Virginia to be exact) and he is from Newfoundland. It is so cute to see how long a relationship can last from high school days. But I agree the process is overwhelming and it isn't that it is all that difficult but just the waiting could make anyone feel like they are going crazy. I too hate not being able to work. I will have been in Canada for 2 years in March and have not been able to work. Good thing I have an understanding hubby that keeps me strong. Just wish I could lift the weight off his shoulders for a while you know. Plus unfortunately being a younger couple, not so prepared, and on one income we have had to live with the in laws. We want to move out but doing it on one income doesn't seem possible. Plus I don't want to sign a lease until we know we will be able to live permanently there. So I am looking forward to when I get AIP so we can get our own place.

It is so nice though that you do have job offers though. Some people aren't so lucky so you will truly benefit from this AIP for sure. We sent a lot of the same type of evidence as well with our application but sometimes still worry it may not be what they are looking for. We have several pictures as well and even though neither one of us is a photographer, I do love pictures and love taking them. As for your question, no AIP does not give you new status but it does allow you to obtain a new status like the OWP. If you did not send the OWP application with the PR app then you will have to wait until you get your AIP letter. This letter will allow you to apply for an OWP. You can apply online or in the mail but I would sooner apply through mail as it is faster and takes about 30 days to get. It is an extra month of waiting but at least that will give you time to scope out work again and apply places. Once they interview then you will probably have your work permit by then and ready to go.

Now on the other hand, if you did mail the OWP with your application then it will be arriving at the same time you receive your letter for AIP. This will give you new status right away. Whether you get the OWP with AIP or have to apply after it, it still applys the same meaning that once you obtain your work permit that is your new status document meaning you will not have to extend your stay on your current visit visa once you obtain it because the OWP will now be the only status document you have to worry about since the work permit allows you to visit and work. Now you will have to apply to extend your work permit if you still haven't gotten PR before it is due to expire though so be sure to do that. Basically what I am trying to say is that you will not have to worry about your current visitor visa status once you get your OWP because it is your new status. I know I am not good at explaining but I hope it helps.

I just want to say thanks for your encouraging words. I will definitely do my best to stay strong though sometimes it is easier than others. I just hope that when we do hear news that it is good. I am afraid of being disappointed. Please let us know when you get your letter and how get a job goes. We like hearing good news. :)

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
Received 2nd part of FOSS notes today, and according to them my RCMP check was requested on July 14 2010. There are Remarks that says Pending MED/RCMP and BF Date is January 26 2011

ditta

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-10
Med's Done....
20-06-10
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
02-06-11
Love_young, I totally understand that you take a break and focus on your private life. It is insane to deal with this each and every day, it only puts fear in our heads. I decided the same- I`m still reading through the posts but do not spend hours on here. I started working after Christmas again with more hours a week and do not even have the time no more. I will always keep in touch here or on Facebook, looking forward to hear news from many really soon, like Adzees. :D
Another 3 months and our time will come....that`s almost nothing. Keep positive everyone and HAPPY NEW YEAR!