+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLANDERS!

getaround

Nov 4, 2009
gentibiraci said:
Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't the first letter that says "i've met the eligibility to be sponsored" referred to as AIP?
Yea mines is basically the same exact as yours. I called last Wed the day before it went to decision made and was told it was not yet AIP; I as you am awaiting for my next letter. I'm guessing AIP or PR.
The only differance for mine is it doesnt have a comment on police checks like yours.

gentibiraci

Mar 14, 2010
i'm confused, don't you have to first get AIP and then PR? Ok, say it's AIP, what's that letter say, also what do you do next? I guess it would explain in the letter but time wise, what are talking about? A couple of months, a year?

getaround

Nov 4, 2009
gentibiraci said:
i'm confused, don't you have to first get AIP and then PR? Ok, say it's AIP, what's that letter say, also what do you do next? I guess it would explain in the letter but time wise, what are talking about? A couple of months, a year?
I was told that around 6 months after the initial application you'd get AIP; then up to 18 months for the PR.
I'm hoping it's PR though.

pending

Star Member
Mar 15, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-2009
Hi there,

We sent in our application late Septmeber, still waiting - have a client ID number, I heard somewhere that that basicly means the sponser has been approved - is that true?? Aslo some people say there is really no second stage approval and you could possibly receive enerything right away!! Wondering is that has happened to anyone!!

For some reason the last few weeks have seemed longer to me then the whole process!!! We have a baby on the way and just want this dealt with so we don't have to think about it and we can takes steps together to move up in life.

BlueDragon17846

Star Member
Oct 29, 2009
St. Catharines
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2010
Doc's Request.
04-03-2011
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
pending said:
Hi there,

We sent in our application late Septmeber, still waiting - have a client ID number, I heard somewhere that that basicly means the sponser has been approved - is that true?? Aslo some people say there is really no second stage approval and you could possibly receive enerything right away!! Wondering is that has happened to anyone!!

For some reason the last few weeks have seemed longer to me then the whole process!!! We have a baby on the way and just want this dealt with so we don't have to think about it and we can takes steps together to move up in life.
Having a client ID doesn't necessarily mean you are approved. For instance, if you have ever applied to immigration for anything else in the past (ie, visitior visa), you would already have a client ID. Its the same number as you used with whatever application you had. So if you have a visitor record, your client ID is written on there and that's the same number for your PR app, regardless of whether your sponsor is approved yet or not.

mattkantor

Mar 7, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vergerville ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2009
AOR Received.
06-01-2010
Med's Done....
01-09-2009
Does anyone understand how the Processing times work ?

Im reading two columns.

"Processing Applications Received Up To". Seems to make sense. If your app was received up to this date, they are looking at it.

"Current Processing Time". Do you add this to the date above and assuming your app was "in process" for this many days?

"begain processing date" + "current processing time" = "estimated AIP date"?

Or does it mean something else?

Thanks!

BlueDragon17846

Star Member
Oct 29, 2009
St. Catharines
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2010
Doc's Request.
04-03-2011
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
"the time when your app was received at CIC (via tracking info)" + "current processing time" = "estimated AIP date"

mattkantor

Mar 7, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vergerville ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2009
AOR Received.
06-01-2010
Med's Done....
01-09-2009
OK, thats what I figured this morning. Thanks!

~6 weeks +/- to go!

rabbitcl

Oct 27, 2009
Hi all,

Finally got my decision made on ecas today:):)

We received your application for permanent residence on July 2, 2009.

We started processing your application on July 24, 2009.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

Medical results have been received.

We sent you a letter on March 16, 2010 to Calgary, Alberta, Canada, about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

niseguy

Star Member
Mar 16, 2010
We received your application for permanent residence on September xx, 2009.

We started processing your application on October x, 2009.

We transferred your application to the local CIC office on March 9, 2010. The local CIC office may contact you.

we received a letter on Monday saying file was transfered to Mississauga for further accessment.........does anybody has this expirrience and know what next plz guy we are lost here...

BlueDragon17846

Star Member
Oct 29, 2009
St. Catharines
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2010
Doc's Request.
04-03-2011
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
niseguy said:
We received your application for permanent residence on September xx, 2009.

We started processing your application on October x, 2009.

We transferred your application to the local CIC office on March 9, 2010. The local CIC office may contact you.

we received a letter on Monday saying file was transfered to Mississauga for further accessment.........does anybody has this expirrience and know what next plz guy we are lost here...
Probably means they want to schedule an interview.

niseguy

Star Member
Mar 16, 2010
BlueDragon17846..... any idea what this might mean? we just wanna get this done with... is it a normal thing to get this type of transfer??? what happens next now

BlueDragon17846

Star Member
Oct 29, 2009
St. Catharines
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2010
Doc's Request.
04-03-2011
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
You'll have to wait for the local CIC office to call you. I'm just basing this off of what other people's experiences have been.

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
niseguy said:
BlueDragon17846..... any idea what this might mean? we just wanna get this done with... is it a normal thing to get this type of transfer??? what happens next now
its not normal.. i mean it happens when smthing is unclear to them with ur application. maybe lack of proof or wrong information given.. so on interview they gonna ask about it. good luck!
we are from Mississauga too.

niseguy

Star Member
Mar 16, 2010
thanx guys for the contribution i ll let u know when we hear from them.....plz keep us updated as well