August 2016

srcc

Star Member
Sep 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Today we received AIP and work permit!!!! :D

So HAPPY!

(But no letter for me stating that I was approved to sponsor ? )

So relieved...

We wish everyone good luck !

MexicaTica

Star Member
Jan 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
robrod: No boots, I had bought a beautiful pair of heels and was determined to wear them even if I got frost bite, jejeje. No bambinos for us yet but hopefully soon, especially now that I have health insurance. I am hoping to start a family after wedding part two. :)

Love_Young: Newfoundland sounds and looks beautiful. My husband and I love to travel and since I cannot leave Canada we have been exploring this big ole country. Newfoundland is next on our list.

sgnv: I also saw my date come and go on the CIC processing timeline without hearing anything and all of a sudden the letters arrived. I am sure you will hear something very soon. I didn't see anything on ecas until I basically had the letters in my hand.

srcc: congratulations, that is fantastic news! Are you going to start job hunting soon?

srcc

Star Member
Sep 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MexicaTica said:
srcc: congratulations, that is fantastic news! Are you going to start job hunting soon?
Thanks! My husband is going to start the job hunting, I am the sponsor :)

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
Just a heads up to anyone landing at the Vancouver office. I received my AIP on 27th April 2010 and got the landing appointment on 20th May 2010, less than 4 weeks.

We were told by CIC, when we called them, after I received the AIP, that the landing time line was 12 weeks but that proved to be untrue in my case.

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
angelbrat said:
Just a heads up to anyone landing at the Vancouver office. I received my AIP on 27th April 2010 and got the landing appointment on 20th May 2010, less than 4 weeks.

We were told by CIC, when we called them, after I received the AIP, that the landing time line was 12 weeks but that proved to be untrue in my case.
Gee thanks Angelbrat.. I dont know if i fall under the Vancouver office though. I live on vancouver Island in nanaimo. So maybe its Vic?. did you tick an office when you were applying?. hmm i dont remember what i ticked but i vaguely remember answering such a question. They landed you so so fast though!. what country are you from?

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
srcc said:

So HAPPY!

So relieved...

yey!!

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
srcc said:

So HAPPY!

So relieved...

Whats your ecas satus. Have they update anything

R

robrod

Congrats, srcc!!!!.. that is awesome news your husband got his AIP and OWP yesterday and can start looking for a job now!. Make sure he goes first with that OWP to get his Social Insurance Number card and Health Card as well!...
Cheers and good luck to everyone else!...

Janadian

Jun 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 18 2010
File Transfer...
02-11-2010
Med's Request
Oct 2011 -2nd Medical request
Med's Done....
October 2009
Interview........
11-01-2011
srcc said:

So HAPPY!

So relieved...

CONGRATS SRCC!!! So happy for you!

I bet you feel as if a huge weight has been lifted off your shoulders. I hope to hear all about new jobs and celebrations in the days and weeks to come.

Wishing you both all the very best! :D

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Yay I am so thrilled for you srcc. I can't even begin to imagine how you must be feeling.
A big congrats to you. Hopefully you are celebrating, if not we will celebrate for you. Lol.

MexicaTica, your idea to travel across Canada is something similar to what I would like to do as well since we can't leave Canada. The only place I have seen is Newfoundland so I would be thrilled to go any other places. What other places are on your list? I am sure you will be thrilled with Newfoundland. The culture here is fantastic and like no others out there. You will leave feeling loved and at home. :)

R

robrod

Good morning everybody, good morning Love_Young!.
I was trying to insert the photos of Toronto for you in here, but pardon my computer illiteracy, how did you insert yours?... it's a mistery to me.

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Srcc, congratulations !!!

I live in Halifax NS( I have been pretty much everywhere in this province), and so far I have been to Ontario, Quebec and N.B... Next summer I am going to a wedding in NF, it's gonna be the event of the year for my friends, soo excited ! I have a couple of friends that are from that province.
I love the idea of driving across the country, a friend of mine has done that and according to him it was a life changing experience... :)

srcc

Star Member
Sep 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you everyone :)

adzees: the status online says "In Process" and

We received your application for permanent residence on January 7, 2010.
We started processing your application on March 15, 2010.
We started processing your application on July 6, 2010.
Medical results have been received.
A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

It was updated before receiving the letters, but I think MexicaTica got her letters first. Keep up the good thoughts...

robrod: He went to take care of the SIN # and health card today :D

Janadian: Thank you.. Yes, a huge weight off our shoulders :)

Love_Young: We are going to celebrate everyday :) Now we can really plan our future... finally.

boasorte: Thank you!!

I wish everbody very good luck!

R

robrod

Sounds like Newfounland is an interesting place to visit and from your crystal-clear pics, it looks fabulous on that time of the year the pics were taken, was it recently in the summer?. You must have a good digital camera, the quality is just awesome, they look just like postcards. The ferry ride to Halifax sounds interesting, I love ferries... Is St. Pierre et Michelon near you?. That is also a place I would love to visit. Life looks like nice and easy from your pics, that's for sure. Toronto (where I reside) is quite a different place. Big urban metropolis where the pace is very fast. All kinds of problems, all kinds of wonders to see too. Pros and Cons no doubt about from Canada's largest city. Vancouver and Montreal are my personal favorite ones so far. Calgary and Edmonton are just as pretty but they are cold for sure, I mean real cold. The canadian rockies in Alberta is something to see, just spectacular. Sudbury is north of here, and I mean north. Never been there, but would like to go there as well... It must be a real change for your husband's friend to move there, I hope he can adapt. But where there's love, there's a way, they say...

I am from Mexico (and I am the one being sponsored), which is a totally different situation. A different world. Old culture, a mix of the old and the new. I'm from Central Mexico, near Mexico City. Mexico City is some serious metropolis, one of the largest in the world. Lots of problems, lots of pros and cons. Home is welcoming in Mexico. I do miss my parents but they have come to visit before and most likely will come visit again in the upcoming future when our son is born.

Our daughter was born in the last week of October, she will turn 1 soon. Her teeth are showing, her smile melts anybody and she has beautiful blue eyes (not from my wife, as hers are gray, but most likely from my wife's parents). Our son will be born in the middle of February, which is the coldest time of the year here in T.O.