App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Inlanders HELP!

Why did you apply inland?

We are almost ready to send everything off but I don't know if we should apply inland or outland!

Any thoughts?

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Good question angtao. it depends from many things....which visa office you would apply if you did the papers outland....and if your husband/wife is working already in his/her country of origin. I applied inland because i am italian, i was living in argentina, i sold my business there and thought about resettling in canada with my wife. if i had started the papers in argentina would have taken me a long time and i already had the idea of leaving argentina to come to canada, so for me applying inland was logical. getting married & honeymoon abroad, then come to canada and apply while looking for a house, settle, adjust all while the government is reviewing our case. but the problem is that now it takes even longer to apply inland. when i applied in july 2010 i thought it would take 9-10 months for the whole process, now they talk about about 18 months! thats crazy, but what can you do???so its up to you. if there is something still going on in the country of origin then go on with it and apply outland. if you already decided to leave the country of origin and you are ready to leave in canada and support yourself then apply inland.

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Thanks for your response inlandapl.

I was born and raised in Canada and my husband is from Greece and I am also of Greek decent. He moved to Canada on Oct.16,2009 so we can be together. We got married and he has been here ever since. I am assuming that we should apply inland as he has been here now for 1 year and 4 months and has no plans to go back to Greece. We only plan to visit there.

For Greek citizens coming to Canada the outland office that would process his papers would be Rome. Rome takes 13 months to process plus 1 month in Mississauga which makes it 14 months. Before they changed it on the CIC website, it said that some 20 or 30% of apps get processed in 3 months etc. plus I have heard that outland dates are not as long as they say they are on the CIC website. Inland says now 19 months. They are only opening packages from May 1,2010.

I think to myself, why not apply outland? It would be so much faster but he has been here so for so long. Would that look bad if we applied outland and meanwhile he has been in Canada for 16 months now?

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Inlandappl said:
Good question angtao. it depends from many things....which visa office you would apply if you did the papers outland....and if your husband/wife is working already in his/her country of origin. I applied inland because i am italian, i was living in argentina, i sold my business there and thought about resettling in canada with my wife. if i had started the papers in argentina would have taken me a long time and i already had the idea of leaving argentina to come to canada, so for me applying inland was logical. getting married & honeymoon abroad, then come to canada and apply while looking for a house, settle, adjust all while the government is reviewing our case. but the problem is that now it takes even longer to apply inland. when i applied in july 2010 i thought it would take 9-10 months for the whole process, now they talk about about 18 months! thats crazy, but what can you do???so its up to you. if there is something still going on in the country of origin then go on with it and apply outland. if you already decided to leave the country of origin and you are ready to leave in canada and support yourself then apply inland.
I just wanted to jump in and say that actually it is taking 9-10 months to get AIP aka First Stage Approval and then another "estimated" 9 months to get PR landing interview after AIP. That in total equals the 18 months that you were talking about but sometimes you can finish completely with everything from anywhere from 9 months to 12 months but at the most to finish up completely could take 18 months. Just depends on your case (like medicals and background checks) as well as how busy your local office is.

konstantinos

Feb 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2010
LANDED..........
12 MAY 2011
angtao said:
I think to myself, why not apply outland? It would be so much faster but he has been here so for so long. Would that look bad if we applied outland and meanwhile he has been in Canada for 16 months now?
Here is my advice: You really CANNOT KNOW ANYTHING about time!!! When I sent my aplication on April 2010, the processing times for inland were 6 months for first stage of approval and there was no time estimation for the second phase. Meanwhile, for outland it was like 45 days here and another 4 months at Rome. When (foolishly) I was calculating the time back then, outland was faster. I chose inland because I didn't want for any reason (example:intereview which is very possible, or family reasons)to have to leave Canada, go to Greece (I am also Greek), and after that for any reason again to don't be able to return and have to live away from my partner, even if that was for a couple of months. During my waiting, I saw the processing times change continuously (although only increasing :eek:) and I was surprised to see the ouland times increase so much too. So, have in mind that times will most probably change towards unknown directions!
Since I am writing here, I want to share my good news with all you: Today I received my certificat de sélection du Québec which is another step up to this process and I expect that soon I will be receiving more good news!

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Kostantinos and Love_young are right. you can never know about time. the 18 months that they post there mean nothing. It is just to give you an idea what a maximum average amount of time can take to process an application. I heard about inland applications being processed in a total of 9 months and some other in 14 months and some other for years and years. anyway you will decide but don't calculate the months as they say on the website. see what you feel is best for you and for him(example: being far away and working conditions in greece etc)

Latvian

Star Member
Oct 26, 2010
Halifax, NS, Canada
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2010
That is sooooo true, Material!... CIC is unpredictable and not accountable for any actions, and as they stated in their e-mail response to my colleague - processing times are subject to change :p So that makes it official...

Good luck to all of us who are waiting! & Have a great weekend! ;D

komar

Star Member
Dec 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2010
Med's Request
12-03-2011
Med's Done....
01-04-2011
LANDED..........
21-06-2011

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Oh komar cheer up! Come on over to the other inlander thread and I can help you can some strength there. I have some quotes there that I posted that may help.

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Hello Everybody,
I filled my application for P.R spouse sponsorship in canada on 16th June 2010 after long waiting period for the first time I receive an update request letter from them on 10th January 2011. According to a telephone agent my process is on time will take 9-10 months for first stage approval, so hopefully AIP or Work permit will come in March 2011. Is there any other who apply in the same period and got something or even still waiting for their reply??!!

Thank you very much for your help & support.....................................................................................God Bless everyone here

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Mark_Anna said:
Hello Everybody,
I filled my application for P.R spouse sponsorship in canada on 16th June 2010 after long waiting period for the first time I receive an update request letter from them on 10th January 2011. According to a telephone agent my process is on time will take 9-10 months for first stage approval, so hopefully AIP or Work permit will come in March 2011. Is there any other who apply in the same period and got something or even still waiting for their reply??!!

Thank you very much for your help & support.....................................................................................God Bless everyone here

I applied at the start of july 2010. Nobody ever asked me additional update or info. i sent (without being asked for) additional proof of genuine relationship in october 2010(they received it and matched it to my original application). Can i ask you Mark_anna(if you don't mind saying it) what kind of update they asked you?

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Hello everyone,
Thanks for your views.
Inlandappl.....It's call Client Update History Form you can find it by writing "Client Update History Form cic.gc.ca" in google search. They ask for particular some dates and time period in which I was doing my study or work or even unemployed. In canada and also outside of canada.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Has anyone actually asked if it is good or bad to not receive the "client history update" form?
Inlandappl I also haven't received that. Someone that applied late July did get one but I did not. I begin to wonder if this is actually good or bad. A lot of members tell me it is neither good or bad to not get it but I can't help but still wonder. Hmm... ::)

TeresaLynn

Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 18, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 07, 2011
AOR Received.
April 12, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
February 17, 2012
When I called the call centre they told me when you receive the update letter they are getting ready to work on your file. We messed up on one of our dates that's why we received the update form. We put the wrong year, it was an obvious mistake, because it was future dated LOL When we received the update form that's what they asked us to update. I was told by the agent that we should hear something by the end of March. I think we received it because of the little mistake we made. They say on there website they can not process the application id there is a lapse in dates, which our mistake would show a lapse in our dates, it was a quick fix with the form, and we sent it back right away. It better then getting the whole application back i suppose i heard that can happen.