+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP QUESTIONS....

mmariemay

Jan 7, 2014
Hi everyone,

I recently made a post somewhere here but I am kinda lost I think. So, I am just starting a new topic here....

I just mailed my IN CANADA SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP today, July 10, 2014. And I am worried when I checked the processing time for the INLAND sponsorship because the first stage is approximatley 12 months. As of now, they are currently working on the applications submitted last July 2013 and it is no longer in Vegreville, but in Mississauga, Ontario...As I read some of the post here, I just now know that it is a good idea to include an OPEN WORK PERMIT application in the application, which I have not done...

My TFW permit will expire by August 2015...So, what will happen to me after that if my application is still on process?
I had already resign from my work because it is very far from my husband's place...
T thought that I can easily get a new job here on a work permit but it proved to be wrong...It seems no employer here are giving LMO, maybe because of the TFW Program Moratorium...

Should I send an OWP application separately now?

Or, should I wait for CIC to send me an AIP (Approval in Principal) after they finished processing stage 1 of my application?...then I will send an OWP application.

Can anybody tell me what is the right thing to do please?

and Thank You...

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Since you did not include the OWP with your Inland application (which you should have done) you must now wait until you have AIP before you can apply for an OWP.

You must also, now, consider maintaining your legal status. While it's true that an Inland applicant does not need to maintain status to apply, they do need to maintain status to be assured that they will not be removed from Canada by CBSA, while they await the approval of their PR.

Thanks to Alurra71 for pointing out my blunder. :)

I guess I was thinking this was July 2015. LOL!

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Since your current permit does not expire for roughly ~13 months, I think you will be ok on your status. You obviously can't work, unless you find someone that will do the LMIA for you (formerly LMO). You won't be able to send in an OWP now but the only upside for those that send it with their pr applications is the implied status. I don't think you have to worry much about that based on your current permits expiry date. If you get close to the expiry of it next year and still have not received AIP, then go ahead and file to change your status to visitor and cite your ongoing PR application as a reason to stay. I don't think it will come to that though.

Best of luck to you.

mmariemay

Jan 7, 2014
Thank you so much alurra 71 and ponga...God bless u and those people who take time in sharing their knowledge and advice just for the sake of helping others...

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
mmariemay said:
My TFW permit will expire by August 2015...So, what will happen to me after that if my application is still on process?
I had already resign from my work
If someone comes to Canada on TFW permit, and then quits their job, is the permit still valid right to the end date? Will your employer notify CIC or CBSA that your employment ended?

mmariemay

Jan 7, 2014
Most of the people that I have talk to said that it is valid till the end even if you resigned. But few said that the employer can terminate the permit...Well, as of the moment, I am already 7 months resigned, and I still hsve not receive any kind of letter or visit from the CBSA...I am still not clear about this...