+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND spousal sponsorship application withdrawl

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Emotionallydistraught said:
Thank you for your input but I'm not sure if what you've stated is indeed true. That is not what we were told upon submitting the application and the information on CIC website points in the direction of implied status upon receipt of any application be it for extensions, work permit, sponsorship etc.
Thank you regardless.

As I mentioned, I'll be meeting with a lawyer tomorrow to explore my options. Had I not lost my way because of what seemed to be love I certainly would not be in this position right now. Sometimes it's best to just remain single and hold on to your independence. I made an honest mistake and I'll have to suffer the consequences.
It just hurts.
When you said this (in your post above):

"...To answer your question in relation to my current status Senoritabella, that I'm unsure of. I didn't extend my visitor's visa once we got married and commenced the spousal application status since I was granted implied status..."

HOW were you ever `granted' implied status if you did not extend your visitor visa or submit an OWP along WITH your Inland sponsorship application?

Did you include the OWP with your Inland application? If so, then you are in fact covered under implied status.

Submitting a sponsorship Inland application alone does NOT give a person implied status.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Emotionallydistraught said:
Thank you for your input but I'm not sure if what you've stated is indeed true. That is not what we were told upon submitting the application and the information on CIC website points in the direction of implied status upon receipt of any application be it for extensions, work permit, sponsorship etc.
Ponga is most definitely correct. Implied Status is only given when a TEMPORARY resident (visitor, student, worker) applies to extend their TEMPORARY status. Applying for PR does not count as applying to extend your temporary resident status. You have been out of status since your visitor status expired.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/validity/inland.asp.

When no application for a work or study permit is received with the application for permanent residence, the applicant is obliged to apply to extend their visitor status.

filipina311

Apr 3, 2013
i agree. you were never on implied status since at the time you filed your inland app, you no longer have a valid visitor visa. this is in addition to ponga's statement.

Oct 4, 2014
Update as promised:
Unfortunately, I wasn't able to meet with the Lawyer today as he was fully booked. I have made an appointment for Wednesday of this week. I was asked to complete a registration form with a brief summary of my situation which i did. I'll continue to do my research until such time.

To answer your question regarding IMPLIED STATUS I did mention that I enrolled in college in anticipation of the arrival of my open work permit, i simply forgot to write it out specifically, my apologies. We were advised by the immigration consultant we met prior to submitting our sponsorship application that it was a requirement so we did submit an OWP application as well.

Sorry for I'm usually very profound but all this emotional turmoil is taking a toll on me.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You do realize that including the OWP with your Inland sponsorship application, would NOT allow you to study. The OWP and a Study Permit (while each give implied status, provided the applicant was/is in-status at the time the application(s) are received by CIC) are two separate things, just as you could not work if you have a Study Permit.

I sincerely hope you get through this vortex, quickly and with as little additional turmoil as possible.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Ponga said:
You do realize that including the OWP with your Inland sponsorship application, would NOT allow you to study. The OWP and a Study Permit (while each give implied status, provided the applicant was/is in-status at the time the application(s) are received by CIC) are two separate things, just as you could not work if you have a Study Permit.
OP previously said the course was less than six months. So no study permit required.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
scylla said:
OP previously said the course was less than six months. So no study permit required.
A study permit is not required if the courses are less than 6 months to complete so long as it is not part of the course requirement for a diploma or certificate that requires courses to complete over longer period more than 6 months.

Screech339

Oct 4, 2014
Turns out my only option is submitting a H&C application but I don't have a strong case.
Thanks for your support guys. Now i'm more depressed than before. Gonna seek counselling before I do something really stupid.