+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland experience and communications from IRCC

Navid11

Apr 28, 2024
Hello everyone,

I had some questions that I would really appreciate if anyone can help. I submitted an inland sponsorship application in July 2023. The processing time is stated to be 8 months. It's been 9 months now and despite having all the steps completed and even COPR generated on the status tracker portal, I have not received any correspondence from ircc since December. Also when I applied for a work permit to maintain my status earlier this year, the conditions section of my permit reads : sponsorship application has received initial approval. I want to travel abroad and visit my family. I am aware of the risks that I may not be allowed back, but assuming that I will be, I have the following question for anyone whose inland sponsorship has received approval:

What communication or letter do you guys receive when your application receives final approval? Do you need to respond to it or take any actions? Do you need to be in Canada to be able to respond properly to that letter? do they give any deadline for response/action required (just the way they do for biometrics or medical) and if so how much time do we have to get back to Canada?

From what I have read, IRCC seems to send two emails. First one asking questions such as are you presently in Canada? and the second one basically eCOPR letter. Not sure if that's accurate. And if it is, if there is any time limit to respond to the first letter

I really appreciate your help guys. It has been a very stressful time for me.

Last edited:

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone,

I had some questions that I would really appreciate if anyone can help. I submitted an inland sponsorship application in July 2023. The processing time is stated to be 8 months. It's been 9 months now and despite having all the steps completed and even COPR generated on the status tracker portal, I have not received any correspondence from ircc since December. Also when I applied for a work permit to maintain my status earlier this year, the conditions section of my permit reads : sponsorship application has received initial approval. I want to travel abroad and visit my family. I am aware of the risks that I may not be allowed back, but assuming that I will be, I have the following question for anyone whose inland sponsorship has received approval:

What communication or letter do you guys receive when your application receives final approval? Do you need to respond to it or take any actions? Do you need to be in Canada to be able to respond properly to that letter? do they give any deadline for response/action required (just the way they do for biometrics or medical) and if so how much time do we have to get back to Canada?

From what I have read, IRCC seems to send two emails. First one asking questions such as are you presently in Canada? and the second one basically eCOPR letter. Not sure if that's accurate. And if it is, if there is any time limit to respond to the first letter

I really appreciate your help guys. It has been a very stressful time for me.
An inland applicant absolutely needs to be in Canada. Inland applicants should never assume that they will be allowed to re-enter Canada!

Since your eCoPR has been generated, you're likely steps away from the finish line. Try sending a web form.

Skh052019

Oct 25, 2020
HI, I have a question. I have submitted my online application on April 27th and haven't receive application number yet, after submission I noticed that the police certificate I have submitted was expired. I am worried they return my file. I got a new one, How can I submit it to IRCC?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
HI, I have a question. I have submitted my online application on April 27th and haven't receive application number yet, after submission I noticed that the police certificate I have submitted was expired. I am worried they return my file. I got a new one, How can I submit it to IRCC?
Webform.