00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
alexism said:
Checked my ecas today and it says its DECISION MADE!!!

Finally!
Congrats Alexism!!!

Amritpalsahky

Jul 5, 2015
thank you so much for replying :) actually I already renewed my passport and I want to know do I have to fill a application form to apply for extension of my OWP and fee for that? and how much is fee for OWP under spousal inland case?
please let me know

kapilhere

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016
Amritpalsahky said:
thank you so much for replying :) actually I already renewed my passport and I want to know do I have to fill a application form to apply for extension of my OWP and fee for that? and how much is fee for OWP under spousal inland case?
please let me know
OWP fee is 155+100 = $255

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Amritpalsahky said:
please let me know
You have to let CIC know -- do they know yet?

Otherwise, wait until about a week before your current OWP expires. Then you have to fill out a whole application (see: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp ). Cost is $255. That's why I said to wait :).

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
alexism said:
Checked my ecas today and it says its DECISION MADE!!!

Finally!
Congratulations Alexism! March 20th is an awesome day!

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
thank you Juve, Browning, Profiler!

19 months! Can't be happier today! Hopefully, DM and landing are not so far away!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
sylvain1 said:
thank you Juve, Browning, Profiler!

19 months! Can't be happier today! Hopefully, DM and landing are not so far away!
I suspect DM isn't. You've obviously got the attention of a CIC officer. Once you get that, they tend to decide reasonably quickly (assuming all the proofs are there). My guess is DM isn't far behind, but landing is anyone's guess. Looks like landing will probably be in Montreal. So, it could be worth a trip to go stalk the office.

I used to work across the street from the Kitchener office. Turns out, that was perfect for me to collect info on how busy they are (not). So landings there are reasonably quick.

Amritpalsahky

Jul 5, 2015
OH ok thank you please could you please tell me in detail how to do this ?
I mean how do I notify them?
. via online inquiry form ?
.do I have to write a cover letter regarding or my passport?
.do I have to send both of my old and new passport photo copy's?
another Q when I will do fill my application for OWP extension there are following options >> I'm applying for>>a OWP with same Employer, restoration of your status as worker, an initial work permit with new Employer Or temporary residence?
please tell me which one I should choose? when I applied under spousal inland case/.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Amritpalsahky said:
OH ok thank you please could you please tell me in detail how to do this ?
I mean how do I notify them?
. via online inquiry form ?
.do I have to write a cover letter regarding or my passport?
.do I have to send both of my old and new passport photo copy's?
Just type in the text area that you have an updated passport. Attach a scanned copy of the new passport to the request (after you type in your "letter" telling them you have an updated passport, the page after accepts attachments). Click submit. Enjoy a beer for a day's hard work.

Amritpalsahky said:
another Q when I will do fill my application for OWP extension there are following options >> I'm applying for>>a OWP with same Employer, restoration of your status as worker, an initial work permit with new Employer Or temporary residence?
please tell me which one I should choose? when I applied under spousal inland case/.

"Initial work permit with new employer" will work. Just select the "Open Work Permit" option later on.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
profiler said:
I suspect DM isn't. You've obviously got the attention of a CIC officer. Once you get that, they tend to decide reasonably quickly (assuming all the proofs are there). My guess is DM isn't far behind, but landing is anyone's guess. Looks like landing will probably be in Montreal. So, it could be worth a trip to go stalk the office.

I used to work across the street from the Kitchener office. Turns out, that was perfect for me to collect info on how busy they are (not). So landings there are reasonably quick.
I also think DM could come in a reasonable time, and yes, it likely will be in Montreal for the landing, as there is no office here in Quebec city. But honestly, the main thing for us was to get AIP; within the hour after receiving the letter, we were able to register my wife to RAMQ (Quebec health insurance) which we could not do before. We will also be able to register her for a French course supported by Quebec immigration, which we also could not do before getting AIP. Today was a huge step for us!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Amritpalsahky said:
thank you so much for help I really appreciate it :)
They will review your UCI, see you had an OWP, and will just issue the extension. Make sure to include your other proofs (and I would give them a copy of the OWP you have now, with a note stating it's expiring and PR application still in process). That should put that one to bed.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
sylvain1 said:
I also think DM could come in a reasonable time, and yes, it likely will be in Montreal for the landing, as there is no office here in Quebec city. But honestly, the main thing for us was to get AIP; within the hour after receiving the letter, we were able to register my wife to RAMQ (Quebec health insurance) which we could not do before. We will also be able to register her for a French course supported by Quebec immigration, which we also could not do before getting AIP. Today was a huge step for us!
Ohhh... so RAMQ is like OHIP that way. My wife was able to get OHIP because she is working full time, and is fluent in English. Well, hat's off. Well done!

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
profiler said:
Ohhh... so RAMQ is like OHIP that way. My wife was able to get OHIP because she is working full time, and is fluent in English. Well, hat's off. Well done!
My wife is a full-time PhD student, so that's why she was not able to get RAMQ until getting AIP. She is also fluent in English, but here is Quebec city, it's not easy to be fully functional without speaking French.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
sylvain1 said:
My wife is a full-time PhD student, so that's why she was not able to get RAMQ until getting AIP. She is also fluent in English, but here is Quebec city, it's not easy to be fully functional without speaking French.
Of course. Vous devez être capable de parler un peu de français.

In our case, my wife was able to work, as she studied at all English schools in Moscow and it is mandatory to get a degree. Being in SW Ontario, at least some English is required... being employed, OHIP grants access (AIP is the alternate route).