+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015

Apanna

Apr 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sophieee said:
It's never perfectly safe to travel before he become a PR. If you decide to risk it, have him a multiple entry visitor visa to Canada, and preferable a letter of employment. But it's still on the officer.
Thank you!

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Justheretovent said:
Just wanted to give my updated information. CIC received my re-submitted application on 8/12.
Since it was returned, have you thought about applying outland? For a US citizen that would make more sense.

NadiaVan

Jul 29, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 27, 2015
AOR Received.
Oct 20, 2015
Hi, we are applying inland. Just wanted to know some opinion.

You know today's age it is normal to have a social media account. It is brilliant as a life journal. A place where you and your spouse/partner can share pictures and stories. I also think it is one of the places where visa officer will look into when they do background checks on applicants? (maybe)

Would visa officer have any prejudice against applicants that private their social media account? I just think it is a good idea to make myself available to be found online if anyone wants to search about me. Like I use the same name on my application as my username.

Personally I don't feel comfortable making my social account public but I feel like I have to make myself accessible as much as I could.

Cheers.

Neee

Aug 14, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2015
AOR Received.
23-10-2015
Med's Done....
29-07-2015
LANDED..........
01-09-2016
NadiaVan said:

You know today's age it is normal to have a social media account. It is brilliant as a life journal. A place where you and your spouse/partner can share pictures and stories. I also think it is one of the places where visa officer will look into when they do background checks on applicants? (maybe)

Would visa officer have any prejudice against applicants that private their social media account? I just think it is a good idea to make myself available to be found online if anyone wants to search about me. Like I use the same name on my application as my username.

Personally I don't feel comfortable making my social account public but I feel like I have to make myself accessible as much as I could.

Cheers.
I do not think it is a problem you keep your account private, When we applied for we incorporated lots of evidence from social media such as check ins, pictures, conversations etc. we provided screen shots. But we kept our accounts private. Hope this helps :)

lachdanan

Aug 5, 2015
sophieee said:
Can't you submit your inland app in one month? You know, you can send a lot of stuff later, like the police check, medical, Option C, etc.
If you can't, then you have to apply for an extension, but you won't get an answer in 3 months, so you either have to wait till you get, or you have to send some proof to CIC that you have applied and ask them to consider you under implied status, therefore eligible for OWP.
I'm sure I'd be able to submit the application by next week. Although, if I have already submitted the application and they haven't gotten back to me by the time my visa expires, would I still be able to stay in Canada legally until I get a response?

MC2015

Feb 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 29,2015
AOR Received.
April 24,2015
File Transfer...
SA April 21, 2016 / AIP April 21, 2016 / DM April 21, 2016
Med's Done....
Feb 16,2015
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 8, 2016
ywqu said:
Hi, have you started your french course yet?
I filled the online forms and handed the documents today by person.
Hope to hear from them soon.
Hi !! I haven't started yet . I registered myself for a full time course. When I had the evaluation, I was told my level was advanced and, because of it, I had to register for the part-time course which will start just in september!!
You will hear from them soon! MIDI is fast !!

asrana

Jul 6, 2015
Hey guys,

RE: POLICE CHECKS

Thank you so much for your contributions to this forum, I wouldn't have been able to complete my application if it wasn't for all of you.

Finally submitted my application for Permanent Residence Inland Sponsorship + OWP (Pilot Program), and as of August 18 I'm officially on "Implied Status".

I wanted some advice on Police Checks, as those are the only documents I was missing (due to the wait times to get them authenticated, legalized, notorized, then sent back to UAE then have someone send it back to Canada). I included a letter stating that the wait times are very high and that i will have these ready by end of September (which is when I do intend to be in possession of them)

I have researched this entire forum 2015 Inland for police checks and there a very few places I have seen that it is OK to just send a letter if you do not have the Police Certificate.

I spoke with several call center agents and each of them would immediately say that the application can be returned because it is a required document, listed in the Instruction Guide.

Has anyone here sent in their application package without the Police Certificates and received a Positive/ Negative response?

Would really appreciate your responses.

Thank you

Jul 4, 2014
sophieee said:
Since it was returned, have you thought about applying outland? For a US citizen that would make more sense.
No. I wanted to apply inland so I can get my work permit asap. My current job makes me want to blow my brains out on a daily basis and I need out. I can wait for the PR as long as I'm working a decent job. And I've seen people saying inland is so much faster for US citizens, but I don't see that reflected on the CIC page concerning processing times.

b4bow

Star Member
Jun 2, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2015 In progress starting on 09-07-2015
AOR Received.
21-01-2016, 1st OWP 11-09-2015, 2nd OWP 11-01-2016
File Transfer...
Three requests from CIC asking for police certificate, resubmission of forms and proof of cohabitatiion/relationship docs
Med's Done....
14-03-2015
Interview........
23-09-2016
LANDED..........
23-09-2016
NadiaVan said:

Cheers.
I didn't set my online media accounts open to public, but i did capture some screens and print them out as photos for the officer to view them. i believe that they prefer items that they can see in hand. I also mentioned the photos referring to the question about outings and trips. I guess everything depends on the particular officer who handles your case, but as a general guide, i guess officers prefer substantial evidence in hand over things they have not given to.

NadiaVan

Jul 29, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 27, 2015
AOR Received.
Oct 20, 2015
Neee said:
I do not think it is a problem you keep your account private, When we applied for we incorporated lots of evidence from social media such as check ins, pictures, conversations etc. we provided screen shots. But we kept our accounts private. Hope this helps :)
Thanks for replying. I might think too much over this matter. Haha.

NadiaVan

Jul 29, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 27, 2015
AOR Received.
Oct 20, 2015
b4bow said:
I didn't set my online media accounts open to public, but i did capture some screens and print them out as photos for the officer to view them. i believe that they prefer items that they can see in hand. I also mentioned the photos referring to the question about outings and trips. I guess everything depends on the particular officer who handles your case, but as a general guide, i guess officers prefer substantial evidence in hand over things they have not given to.
Appreciate your insights. We include a lot of evidence from our life in the application but we are not really big on social media interaction. I hope it won't be a contributing factor to the visa officer. Why do I think visa officer would be like a teenager who would go online and snooping applicant's facebook account? To be honest I have no idea what kind of background check they are doing towards the applicants. I think too much I guess. Haha.

Cheers.

ywqu

Jun 16, 2015
MC2015 said:
Hi !! I haven't started yet . I registered myself for a full time course. When I had the evaluation, I was told my level was advanced and, because of it, I had to register for the part-time course which will start just in september!!
You will hear from them soon! MIDI is fast !!
They are quick! I received their confirmation two days after I hand in my documents.
They say they will arrange a seat for me as soon as possible.
Thank you so much for the information. Otherwise I would have to wait until I got the CSQ.
Merci.

MarioPavlovich

Aug 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Missassauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2015
Doc's Request.
Additional Doc/Proof of relationship requested in Oct/2016
AOR Received.
08-08-2015
Med's Request
Upfront in June/2016
Interview........
January 17 /2017
LANDED..........
January 17 /2017
Anyone got any experience with changing mailing address? Me and my wife are planning to move out of current house of residence and unfortunately that's our mailing address on PR application.
Last Tuesday my profile on ECAS disappeared (it was active only 2 days,is that normal?) and I can't change address that way anymore. I tried calling CiC and they gave me link where I can make online ticket and I did ,but nothing yet happened. My fear is that something could come to old address if I move out and I really don't wanna miss anything.

I'm also waiting for incomplete OWP to come back (missing 100$) , should I just print new form with new address when It comes back or I need to resubmit the way it is already and maybe leave a big note in it with explanation?

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
lachdanan said:
I'm sure I'd be able to submit the application by next week. Although, if I have already submitted the application and they haven't gotten back to me by the time my visa expires, would I still be able to stay in Canada legally until I get a response?
You will be under implied status and can stay here legally. Just make sure that you are sending the correct forms with correct fees.