+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015

life_life

Apr 23, 2016
RMCP sent criminal check result to me. I scanned it and sent the scanned file to CIC through Case Specific Enquiry Form a week ago. Does anyone know when I will receive DM. I got AIP along with request for the criminal check result from RMCP last month.

I expect DM will be made within 2-3 month since today.

dominokitty

Mar 19, 2014
Canada - Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2015
AOR Received.
12-12-2015
Med's Request
16-05-2016
Med's Done....
upfront, then again on 25-05-2016
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
30-06-2016 - Calgary
Life_Life - You need to mail them the original police check I believe. I'd send it ASAP via courier if you can.

life_life

Apr 23, 2016
dominokitty said:
Life_Life - You need to mail them the original police check I believe. I'd send it ASAP via courier if you can.
I don't think so because they also sent me a letter instructing how to get fingerprints and how to send criminal check result to them. Here is what they mentioned in the letter

"Note: If the RCMP sends the fingerprint result directly to you, forward them to the office as soon as possible so that we can resume processing your application.

Please send the results of the criminal records check and all future inquires with respect to your application via the Case Specific Enquiry form at the following link https: //secure.cic.gc.ca/enquires-reseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx."

So I did what they instructed me. Thank you for your suggestion. I believe it should be a right way too. Anyway, if someone can confirm what I did is right, it will help me to relieve my worry.

sawadee-eh

Star Member
Nov 25, 2015
Why are RCMP checks sometimes sent to the applicant and sometimes sent elsewhere? If sent elsewhere, how do they know which CIC office to send it to? Do you write down where to send it when you get the check done?
Thanks.

life_life

Apr 23, 2016
sawadee-eh said:
Why are RCMP checks sometimes sent to the applicant and sometimes sent elsewhere? If sent elsewhere, how do they know which CIC office to send it to? Do you write down where to send it when you get the check done?
Thanks.
It's a good question. Before going to an accredited private agency to get fingerprints done, I read a lot on RCMP website. It mentions that if we want the result be sent to third party, we can put the third party address on the electronic form which is filled out on agency's computer. Here is what I read from RCMP website and I also wrote it down and brought the note with me to agency:
"Applicants for immigration to Canada must include the name and address of the Canadian Immigration Center, Embassy or consulate handling the case in "Name and Address of Contributing Agency/Department" portion of the form"

CIC actually provides all information that I need to get the result directly sent to CIC from RCMP, including name of the officer, office address, file number and my UCI. However, people at the agency where I went to get fingerprints done did not know much about my case and how to use CIC information so I just simply told them please send the result to me and I will lately send it to CIC.

I think this way is safe because I can see the result, I know the date I receive the result from RCMP and the date I forward by myself it to CIC. Just wonder which way is the best to forward the result to CIC. I followed the CIC instruction that I quoted in the previous post to forward the result to CIC.

inlandguy

Star Member
May 12, 2016
Hello Everyone,

I've checked online my ECAS and my home address is different from mailing address.
I've worked in other country before (not my home country) that's the address they inputed in my mailing address.
for inland application we inputed our mailing and home address are the same. Both here in Canada.

what seems to be the problem?
Can i just Changed it online?

Thank you

vancouvernick

Oct 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 28, 2015
AOR Received.
Feb. 25, 2016
Med's Request
May 20, 2016
Med's Done....
May 20, 2016
LANDED..........
Aug. 4, 2016
got it from another thread here:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/cic-news-spousal-backlog-and-wait-times-t430000.0.html

Ottawa, June 13, 2016 – blah blah blah. This will significantly reduce the backlog of existing applications and speed up processing times going forward.

blah blah blah

This year, the Government increased the number of spaces allowed for spouses, partners and dependent children by 14 000, bringing it up to 62 000 spaces.
blah blah blah

Increasing the number of admission spaces for spouses and partners is one of the measures the Government has taken to support family reunification. Through Budget 2016, $25 million was also allocated to support faster and more predictable processing times for family sponsorship.

original source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2016-06-13.asp

volkov

Sep 20, 2014
vancouvernick said:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/cic-news-spousal-backlog-and-wait-times-t430000.0.html

Ottawa, June 13, 2016 – blah blah blah. This will significantly reduce the backlog of existing applications and speed up processing times going forward.

blah blah blah

This year, the Government increased the number of spaces allowed for spouses, partners and dependent children by 14 000, bringing it up to 62 000 spaces.
blah blah blah

Increasing the number of admission spaces for spouses and partners is one of the measures the Government has taken to support family reunification. Through Budget 2016, $25 million was also allocated to support faster and more predictable processing times for family sponsorship.

original source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2016-06-13.asp
this is interesting the way they explain it. I was always under the impression that the waiting period was because they were understaffed, not because of some quota type system as they explain it in this press release. Are they lying? And if this press release is true, then how do they justify the difference in waiting time between inland and outland applications, if the slowdown is really due to quota and not staffing issues.

Something stinks about this whole issue

sawadee-eh

Star Member
Nov 25, 2015
vancouvernick said:

blah blah blah

blah blah blah

Well, considering the bulk of the backlog are the March-August 2015 applicants, I hope they get on this ASAP! Most of the apps before March 2015 and after August 2015, up into Nov 2015 have been moving along.

ROBIN PHILIP

Star Member
Apr 16, 2016
hi , i received a letter from cic that my application will be reviewed by an agent soon. but i received my application number on december. what does it mean? n

vancouvernick

Oct 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 28, 2015
AOR Received.
Feb. 25, 2016
Med's Request
May 20, 2016
Med's Done....
May 20, 2016
LANDED..........
Aug. 4, 2016
ROBIN PHILIP said:
hi , i received a letter from cic that my application will be reviewed by an agent soon. but i received my application number on december. what does it mean? n
I think what you received is a AOR...it really means nothing unfortunately...it might be months before you hear from them again...lets be patient and wait

ROBIN PHILIP

Star Member
Apr 16, 2016
vancouvernick said:
I think what you received is a AOR...it really means nothing unfortunately...it might be months before you hear from them again...lets be patient and wait
AOR? SO WHAT IS THE LETTER THAT I RECEIVED WITH APPLICATION NUMBER N RECEIVED DATE? SO WHAT CAN I EXPECT NEXT?

km9203

Aug 9, 2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
ROBIN PHILIP said:
AOR? SO WHAT IS THE LETTER THAT I RECEIVED WITH APPLICATION NUMBER N RECEIVED DATE? SO WHAT CAN I EXPECT NEXT?
The letter you received is your AOR. CIC have acknowledged that they've received your app.

vancouvernick

Oct 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 28, 2015
AOR Received.
Feb. 25, 2016
Med's Request
May 20, 2016
Med's Done....
May 20, 2016
LANDED..........
Aug. 4, 2016
ROBIN PHILIP said:
there is really no need to yell or panic :)

AOR = Acknowledgement of Receive, like the name suggested it means they have got your application...

The application number is for you to check your application status on eCAS (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/status.asp)

After AOR, the next step should be SA (sponsor approval). If you have done medical exam and sent everything (police certificate, the right of PR fees etc.) in the original package then you might get SA, AIP (approval of the principle applicant) and DM (decision made) notice in one day.

I highly suggest you take a deep breath (chill buddy) and browse through the spreadsheet...