INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fly2016Canada said:
Hi JoyG,

Good to hear that you did not face any trouble while entering Canada:)

Actually, even I am exactly going through the same situation. I have to travel to India for a family visit, but my 6 months stamp on the multiple entries Visitor visa already expired and I am waiting for my OWP. I am now on Implied status. I am planning to visit my country after I receive OWP. Question is since my visitor status already expired, although it is a multiple entry visa, is it necessary for me to get a TRV ?
When you leave Canada, your Implied Status ends. This may or may not impact your OWP.

Fly2016Canada

Dec 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2015
Doc's Request.
24-05-2016 Fingerprints requested
AOR Received.
23-03-2016
Med's Request
19-05-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront, again redone on 30-05-2016
Interview........
05-08-2016
Passport Req..
05-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
05-08-2016
LANDED..........
05-08-2016
Ponga said:
When you leave Canada, your Implied Status ends. This may or may not impact your OWP.
Hi ponga,

Thank you for a quick response.
As I mentioned earlier I am planning to leave only after I receive my OWP (hopefully soon :) ). Will the multiple entry Visitor visa still be valid ?

chenqichun

Jul 22, 2015
Fly2016Canada said:
Hi ponga,

Thank you for a quick response.
As I mentioned earlier I am planning to leave only after I receive my OWP (hopefully soon :) ). Will the multiple entry Visitor visa still be valid ?
Firstly ask yourself why not - the date of expiration is clearly printed on your visa!

tattiidee

Jan 15, 2015
Hi everyone,

Hoping someone can clarify the process to me. I'm sure this has been asked before but I've tried to do many searches with no luck.

From what I've read in the past my understanding was that a month or so after applying, you receive confirmation that your application has been received (sorry, I get confused with all of the abbreviations so not sure what it's called!). Then once they begin processing your application, they look at the sponsor and after about 14 months or so, you receive confirmation regarding whether or not the sponsor has met the requirements (first stage).

Once that happens, it takes another 7 or so months for them to then look at the person being sponsored in order to determined if they meet the requirements (second stage). When that piece is done, you either get an approval or denial of your application, which is when they ask you for your medical/police certificate (if approved) and ask the sponsor to make the payment for Right of Permanent Residence. Am I wrong? Below is what happened in our situation and I am a bit confused. I know no two applications tend to be alike but am just wondering what to expect/length of time it took others who may have been in a similar situation.

My husband and I got married November 22nd 2013.
He applied to sponsor me on November 6th 2014 (inland) with OWP app included.
Around December 2014 I found out about the OWP pilot and applied right away.
Received OWP February 2015.
In September 2015 we received confirmation that the application has been received on November 10th 2014.
Here's where I am confused... my husband received an email a few days ago stating he has met requirement to sponsor me and must pay the Right of Permanent Residence Fee. After about 5 minutes, I received an email stating that I met the requirements and was asked to complete a medical and police certificate within 30 days.

I am not sure if this means that somehow they reviewed both of us at the same time and we won't have to wait too long for the final decision after the medical and police certificate are submitted, or if this is only first stage approval and I was wrong about the process all along, which means that we might still have to attend an interview and/or wait 8 or so months.

Sorry for the length but thank you so much to anyone who can help clarify. Congratulations to those who are in the final stages!! :)

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
tattiidee said:
Hi everyone,

Hoping someone can clarify the process to me. I'm sure this has been asked before but I've tried to do many searches with no luck.

From what I've read in the past my understanding was that a month or so after applying, you receive confirmation that your application has been received (sorry, I get confused with all of the abbreviations so not sure what it's called!). Then once they begin processing your application, they look at the sponsor and after about 14 months or so, you receive confirmation regarding whether or not the sponsor has met the requirements (first stage).

Once that happens, it takes another 7 or so months for them to then look at the person being sponsored in order to determined if they meet the requirements (second stage). When that piece is done, you either get an approval or denial of your application, which is when they ask you for your medical/police certificate (if approved) and ask the sponsor to make the payment for Right of Permanent Residence. Am I wrong? Below is what happened in our situation and I am a bit confused. I know no two applications tend to be alike but am just wondering what to expect/length of time it took others who may have been in a similar situation.

In September 2015 we received confirmation that the application has been received on November 10th 2014.
Here's where I am confused... my husband received an email a few days ago stating he has met requirement to sponsor me and must pay the Right of Permanent Residence Fee. After about 5 minutes, I received an email stating that I met the requirements and was asked to complete a medical and police certificate within 30 days.

I am not sure if this means that somehow they reviewed both of us at the same time and we won't have to wait too long for the final decision after the medical and police certificate are submitted, or if this is only first stage approval and I was wrong about the process all along, which means that we might still have to attend an interview and/or wait 8 or so months.

Sorry for the length but thank you so much to anyone who can help clarify. Congratulations to those who are in the final stages!! :)
You received the first stage approval: the Sponsor Approval AND Approval in Principle for the applicant. It can still take a few months to process your application once you provided your medical and police checks. Once that is done, you will receive the second stage approval, then invitation for the interview. Feel free to read the FAQ, there are sample letters and other useful stuff.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Jambs said:
Mine is a little bit weird Application date Nov 2. Got an email from CIC indicating my UCI and App No plus an attachment that I need to undergo the medical exam within 30 days. I checked my status online both for PR and OWP but its not in the system.

Anyone with the same situation that I have?

Thanks.
It might be a mistake or a glitch in the system. Just do the medicals so you will be on the safe side. Bring the letter with you to the doctor.

GlenL

Oct 16, 2015
tattiidee said:
Hi everyone,

You have the process mostly correct. Many people have the sponsor approved, as well as the applicant on or around the same day, and that is a good thing! Three suggestions:

1. https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do?app=ecas Log in here and view the status of your application. This is a IRCC (CIC) site, and will give you insight to exactly where you are in the process. There is quite a bit of information on this forum (and under this particular topic which you posted on) about how to understand what it says there.

2. http://goo.gl/MQNhgm Go here, and look at the 2014 tab. This is a spreadsheet maintained by many good people at this forum. People like yourself (and me) share basic information about the status and dates of their application. Look at others around November 2014 (the same time you applied) and you will get a good sense for where others are in the process and approximately how long from here. You will notice there are some people who applied later in the process who are further along.

3. Take some time and read this forum (or at least the first few pages) and read the guide linked within. I suggest it's good to know what to expect so you're not surprised, and don't make a mistake in the last few months of your process.

Congratulations on getting so far, and good luck!

Jambs

Jan 6, 2016
Winnipeg MB
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
AOR Received.
20-04-2016 / OWP 23-02-2016 / SA 01-06-2016 / DM 14-07-2016
Med's Request
23-02-2016
Med's Done....
03-03-2016
sophieee said:
It might be a mistake or a glitch in the system. Just do the medicals so you will be on the safe side. Bring the letter with you to the doctor.
Thank you sophieee and to all who answered my questions.

tattiidee

Jan 15, 2015
GlenL said:
You have the process mostly correct. Many people have the sponsor approved, as well as the applicant on or around the same day, and that is a good thing! Three suggestions...
Thank you so much GlenL and Sophieee! I did try my best to search around and read as much as I could around these topics, but because so many threads have a high number of pages it was difficult to sift through.

I've been seeing the spreadsheet talked about quite a few times and have always wondered where it was. That was an amazing resource and I appreciate you providing me a link to it.

I have been checking our status on CIC but there was no change to it even after they sent the communication, so maybe it just takes a little while for it to get updated.

Once again, thank you so much for providing the links for me, I was able to read the FAQ thanks to one of the links you posted and oh boy what a fantastic source of information - it all makes sense now! You guys are the best!

Oileda

Jun 16, 2014
My timeline: Filed sent to Vegreville: October 16,2015
Received by the CIC: October 20,2015
Received OWP : Feb 25, 2016
No AOR until now.

Angiebaks

Jan 30, 2016
Hello ,

So did you send your PR application to Missassaga and your OWP to Vergeville?? Like 2 different place??
Thank you

Oileda said:
My timeline: Filed sent to Vegreville: October 16,2015
Received by the CIC: October 20,2015
Received OWP : Feb 25, 2016
No AOR until now.

Oileda

Jun 16, 2014
Oh sorry, I sent the sponsorship application and the open work permit together to Mississauga but the open work permit approval came from Vegreville.

lauralee15

Star Member
May 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Missassauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-11-2015
AOR Received.
29-4-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
LANDED..........
6-7-2016
My husband received his OWP today dated February 22 and good for two years! Finally! No AOR yet, but this is comforting.

I guess they didn't lose all of October/November apps!

Fly2016Canada

Dec 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2015
Doc's Request.
24-05-2016 Fingerprints requested
AOR Received.
23-03-2016
Med's Request
19-05-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront, again redone on 30-05-2016
Interview........
05-08-2016
Passport Req..
05-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
05-08-2016
LANDED..........
05-08-2016
Good morning everyone,

I am very happy to share with you all the arrival of my OWP in mail on Friday (26th Feb 2016). :D

App sent: 14-10-2015
OWP rec: 26-02-2016
Validity : 19-02-2016 to 19-02-2018
AOR: Waiting

Definitely, the Oct/Nov apps were not lost, as you can see many applicants getting their OWPs lately. Positive news for those who are still waiting for AORs/OWPs !!