Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
MK27 said:
Hi All

I got married in March'2014 in my home country and I am a PR in Canada. My husband is on open work permit in Canada and his WP is expiring in August'2014.

Now I have to put the spousal application for my husband, I know I have an option for INLAND Application only. But I have few questions if anyone can help me in this:

1. Can we put "Spousal" outside Canada, as the processing time is shorter from our home country?

2. And what about his Open Work Permit, Can he apply for his WP extension ? And if so, what is the best process to get the extension on his WP?

3. As we were dating each other since last 4 years in Canada and before that we knew each other from our home country, Do I have to provide the proof when we were dating in Canada ? And if so, what proofs are included in it ?

4. And lastly, if I am applying this application by myself, Should I mention in the cover letter as we were dating here and it makes our case more strong ?

5. He has already applied for his application under CEC in November 2012 and did not hear back from them as of now, So does it impact on "Spousal Application" ?

Please reply it will be great help for us. As we are running out of time and needs to make decision.
You can apply outland as well, but you can send an OWP only with an inland app. So maybe it's better with inland, because this way your husband will be able to work during the process.
As for the relationship, provide as much proof for as long time as you can.

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vic11 said:
HI Guys,

Question..!

I am currently working full time. MY OWP is expiring next three months.
My wife is a PR and we are collecting documents to file our Inland Spousal application within next few weeks. Does sending an OWP extension with my spousal application give me Implied Status? If yes..can I continue working at my job..but I will not be having any work-permit in hand nor a SIN card with any new expiry to prove to my Human Resources dept

I am confused for my status In-Canada and can I work or not if we are under implied status..please help..!!
Correct, You can Still continue to work for the same employer only if you submitted your In-Land application with a Open Work Permit at the same time. This gives to Implied Status and you can still continue to work.

My visa expired in January and I have been working since then for the same company and there has been no issues

vic11

Apr 21, 2014
Thanks..Jamesdavid,

So HR doesn't have any problems from CRA or other dept. to run my payroll even if my SIN is expired right? my SIN no. is 9XX

Jamesdavid3 said:
Correct, You can Still continue to work for the same employer only if you submitted your In-Land application with a Open Work Permit at the same time. This gives to Implied Status and you can still continue to work.

My visa expired in January and I have been working since then for the same company and there has been no issues

vic11

Apr 21, 2014
sophieee said:
If you apply for an OWP, you will have implied status and you will be able to work while your file is in process. I'm not sure about the SIN#, but I think you can use your expired SIN.

Thanks Sophie,

But does OWP doesn't take effect when they approve for AIP.. I mean after 8-9 months..as I was going through some comments here on this thread

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vic11 said:
Thanks..Jamesdavid,

So HR doesn't have any problems from CRA or other dept. to run my payroll even if my SIN is expired right? my SIN no. is 9XX
I have had No issues at all as well as many other people I know who did the same thing, as long as HR is aware of what is going on they will be fine with it.

My SIN and work permit both expired back in December and I have been working since then and there's been no issues at all.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
vic11 said:
Thanks Sophie,

But does OWP doesn't take effect when they approve for AIP.. I mean after 8-9 months..as I was going through some comments here on this thread
Yes, they will approve it once you have AIP, but because you have OWP right now (even if it will expire), the application in process will give you implied status in the mean time, and this means that you can continue to work while your application is in process.

alicia13

Oct 24, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-Aug-2014
AOR Received.
28-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
14-Oct-2014
Passport Req..
19-Nov-2014
LANDED..........
1-Dec-2014
dassine2013 said:
hi,
I was wondering wether you know a health centre that provides free services for uninsured patients.
Check out Community Health Centers (google) where you live. They can offer free health services to people without status.

omariewk1

Star Member
Mar 14, 2014
alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
July 20 2015
Interview........
SA March 24th 2016
Passport Req..
DM March 31st 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Landing Date recieved April 6th 2016
LANDED..........
19-04-2016
is it true that when you get married you should wait to apply for spousal sponsorship no less than 3 months after? just curious because that's what a friend of mine told me. any take on this matter will be great fully accepted thank you.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
omariewk1 said:
is it true that when you get married you should wait to apply for spousal sponsorship no less than 3 months after? just curious because that's what a friend of mine told me. any take on this matter will be great fully accepted thank you.
No, it isn't. For example, a couple might have been in a relationship for many years, marry, and then immediately apply. It's all about showing that the relationship is genuine.

omariewk1

Star Member
Mar 14, 2014
alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
July 20 2015
Interview........
SA March 24th 2016
Passport Req..
DM March 31st 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Landing Date recieved April 6th 2016
LANDED..........
19-04-2016
thanks very much guys, because my relationship is definitely genuine. my and my wife have been together 2 years now. we are expecting a baby girl that is due to be born September. we have a joint bank account together plus I added her to my life and critical injury insurance policies and she added me to her insurance from her place of employment.. the thing is we got married last month and he was telling me that his lawyer told him its best to wait atleast 3 months after getting married before he submit his spousal application so that immigration don't think its just a marriage of convenience.
that's what got me confused for awhile because I want to get the application in so that I can now focus and my wife getting prepared for the birth of our baby girl. thanks again guys. your imputs are much appreciated.

valerie1

Apr 29, 2014
hey guys, any thoughts on my mother-in-law situation? we had a history, a court battle, and they keep attempting to get me deported lmfao so she and her whole family are practically banished from our lives. they also dragged my parents and whole family in this so there's no way in hell we're patching things up.

is this gonna affect my application?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
valerie1 said:
hey guys, any thoughts on my mother-in-law situation? we had a history, a court battle, and they keep attempting to get me deported lmfao so she and her whole family are practically banished from our lives. they also dragged my parents and whole family in this so there's no way in hell we're patching things up.

Maybe some delay as they double check your history, but I don't see it being a long term problem.
I am SO glad that I have an absolutely wonderful mother-in-law....

azarme09

Oct 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
23-12-2022 PGP
Doc's Request.
03-10-2023
Nomination.....
27-03-2024
File Transfer...
27-03-2024 Vancouver
Med's Request
07-07-2024
Not necessarily. My husband and I got married without our parents being there. We had some opposition as well. Just make sure to explain as much as you can on a separate sheet of paper when you file the application.

valerie1 said: