OWP received May 26.2015, SA & AIP August 31, 2015, DM on September 3, 2015
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
24-09-2015
azarme09 said:
I don't think that this speculation is accurate. If you look at the data on the spreadsheet, you will notice that since the beginning of this year (which was when they implemented pilot OWP and other improvements), it's taking them an average of one month to process one month's worth of applications (as demonstrated by almost all of September'13 being processed, at least for AIP some and AIP+DM for others, within the month of February). In addition to that, when I ordered my notes from CIC the last time (a few weeks ago), the "due date" of my processing was marked as sometime in November 2015. I am an April 3, 2014 applicant.

So I highly doubt that it will take CIC 3 years to process our applications. I think a better assessment would be to wait at least 3 more months and then compare the data.
It's obviously speculations, however it seems that maybe a year from now, all the September 2014 applicants will be getting their DM.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
azarme09 said:
I don't think that this speculation is accurate. If you look at the data on the spreadsheet, you will notice that since the beginning of this year (which was when they implemented pilot OWP and other improvements), it's taking them an average of one month to process one month's worth of applications (as demonstrated by almost all of September'13 being processed, at least for AIP some and AIP+DM for others, within the month of February). In addition to that, when I ordered my notes from CIC the last time (a few weeks ago), the "due date" of my processing was marked as sometime in November 2015. I am an April 3, 2014 applicant.

So I highly doubt that it will take CIC 3 years to process our applications. I think a better assessment would be to wait at least 3 more months and then compare the data.
Oh, it's by no means accurate. It's just a projection using their terrible performance over the past year to show how awfully they've been performing, and how unsustainable it is.
Even now their progress is awful and the backlog will absolutely continue to increase unless they continue to improve. The 2nd projection speculates an exponential improvement, which of course is completely impossible.

...but your comment regarding almost all of September 2013 being processed is not accurate. They're roughly halfway done September 2013, evidenced by them working on September 17, 2013 at the moment.
They began processing September applications around January 10, and it's February 26 now. So, even by generous math, it's been at least a month elapsed for their half-month of progress.

Continuing to process at that rate still means that the processing time goes up by 1 month for every 2 months elapsed.
Using only this past week to gauge their progress, they're still just slightly better, and it would take about 2.3 months for the processing time to go up by a month.

If you use the number CIC gives you as any kind of promise you should have been processed within the 8 or 9 months CIC was quoting back in early April, and you should have had your AIP 2 months ago.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
azarme09 said:

Last time I ordered my notes some due dates were already past. Just saying.

MaryLou6

Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014, common-law
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
24-09-2015
sophieee said:
How long did you wait for your notes? I ordered them, now I had to also send the a consent form and been waiting ever since.

h8tow8

Jan 28, 2015
Hello guys,
We are October 27,2014 applicant. Our lawyer sent both PR and OWP at the same time in the same envelope. Until yesterday we haven't received AOR. CIC agents told us it was sent in December,but nothing was received even after our request to resend it. Yesterday we got sponsor AOR, with application number that starts with F000... when I called CIC today, they said my application is still with XF000... ??? and OWP is still not in the system, so i still dont know if owp was in the same envelope.

We already contacted MP, but he said nothing can be done until you get OWP number.... Feeling frustrated.
What would you suggest to do?

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
MaryLou6 said:
How long did you wait for your notes? I ordered them, now I had to also send the a consent form and been waiting ever since.
It should take 30 days, but I ordered them a long time ago, got them between 30 and 40 days.
Your spouse can also order them and that way you don't need to sign the consent form.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
annakrystyna13 said:
The best thing you can do it call your MP and make an appointment to see them. They can call the CIC directly - they have an inside line - so there is no listening to 30 minutes of options, and no waiting on hold. They are also *real people* so they give *real answers*. Your MP will be more than happy to assist you in this. I went a few weeks ago and they told me exactly which forms and documents they received and when.

Good luck!
I've actually been doing this since some time in September. Make no mistake, CIC has no problems lying to your MP, or just not giving them a line-in.

Talking to my MP throughout the whole debacle that was 2014 CIC gave many varying excuses and always promised that "business as usual" had resumed.

I basically contact my MP's office once a month, and they've grown pretty tired of me. (Which is kind of funny, I mean, 1 phone call a month is hardly excessive.)
I'm starting to think that all facets of government are just equally lazy.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
sophieee said:
I wonder if CIC slapped themselves on the wrist for missing their due dates.

MaryLou6

Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014, common-law
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
24-09-2015
sophieee said:
It should take 30 days, but I ordered them a long time ago, got them between 30 and 40 days.
Your spouse can also order them and that way you don't need to sign the consent form.
Thanks Sophieee! ;)

azarme09

Oct 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
23-12-2022 PGP
Doc's Request.
03-10-2023
Nomination.....
27-03-2024
File Transfer...
27-03-2024 Vancouver
Med's Request
07-07-2024
You should check the spreadsheet again. In the last few days, they have almost cleared up 90% of September'13 applications, though my assessment is based purely on the data on this forum. Majority of September applications were processed within February.

I know the 8/9 month waiting period this time last year, though, we all know that things happened. And given the recent updates, I would rather caution towards not letting panic get the best of people and their relationships and patiently wait for at least a few more months before further speculating. I think that in our well-intentioned guess work can adversely impact people who are still trying to figure out the best way to handle this stressful limbo.

GustavesF said:
...but your comment regarding almost all of September 2013 being processed is not accurate. They're roughly halfway done September 2013, evidenced by them working on September 17, 2013 at the moment.
They began processing September applications around January 10, and it's February 26 now. So, even by generous math, it's been at least a month elapsed for their half-month of progress.

Continuing to process at that rate still means that the processing time goes up by 1 month for every 2 months elapsed.
Using only this past week to gauge their progress, they're still just slightly better, and it would take about 2.3 months for the processing time to go up by a month.

If you use the number CIC gives you as any kind of promise you should have been processed within the 8 or 9 months CIC was quoting back in early April, and you should have had your AIP 2 months ago.

Brazilian19

Jul 30, 2014
[Quebec Applicants CSQ] - Hi Guys, I have a question for you. I am February 24, 2014 applicant. Today my partner got got the email (AOR) requesting CSQ... However, on August 5, 2014 we received in the same AOR, confirming receipt of my process and asking for my partner apply Undertaking pro Quebec. The CSQ was approved on last September and October I sent the copies to the CIC. 2 days ago I called to cic and they told me they did not receive the copies of the documents (CSQ) , however the agent said that i don't need be worry because the Quebec send the result to them, and now it happens. Today, my partner has just received the same AOR's as August 2014. The only difference is that they added that there is not in the CSQ in my file yet. But we applied the undertaking to quebec, we received the CSQ, I sent copy of the documents to cic last october. 2 day ago the agent said that they did not receive the copies, but it's not necessary, and now i can't understand. Someone is going through the same situation? Anyone know What may is happening? Thank you!

Sponsor's Ecas is showing that application is in process since August 05, 2014.

Bbs_2014

Jan 20, 2015
Brazilian19 said:
[Quebec Applicants CSQ] - Hi Guys, I have a question for you. I am February 24, 2014 applicant. Today my partner got got the email (AOR) requesting CSQ... However, on August 5, 2014 we received in the same AOR, confirming receipt of my process and asking for my partner apply Undertaking pro Quebec. The CSQ was approved on last September and October I sent the copies to the CIC. 2 days ago I called to cic and they told me they did not receive the copies of the documents (CSQ) , however the agent said that i don't need be worry because the Quebec send the result to them, and now it happens. Today, my partner has just received the same AOR's as August 2014. The only difference is that they added that there is not in the CSQ in my file yet. But we applied the undertaking to quebec, we received the CSQ, I sent copy of the documents to cic last october. 2 day ago the agent said that they did not receive the copies, but it's not necessary, and now i can't understand. Someone is going through the same situation? Anyone know What may is happening? Thank you!

Sponsor's Ecas is showing that application is in process since August 05, 2014.
I think they are just sending the same letter for everybody, with or without CSQ.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
azarme09 said:
You should check the spreadsheet again. In the last few days, they have almost cleared up 90% of September'13 applications, though my assessment is based purely on the data on this forum. Majority of September applications were processed within February.

I know the 8/9 month waiting period this time last year, though, we all know that things happened. And given the recent updates, I would rather caution towards not letting panic get the best of people and their relationships and patiently wait for at least a few more months before further speculating. I think that in our well-intentioned guess work can adversely impact people who are still trying to figure out the best way to handle this stressful limbo.
Don't get me wrong, the spreadsheet is great, but it represents the people on this forum, there are only 34 September 2013 applicants on the spreadsheet. There are some September 3's and 19's out there without anything from CIC at all. There's only 16 people after September 17th in the spreadsheet.

Of the September 2013 applicants on the spreadsheet:
15% were processed in January
42% were processed in February
43% are not processed yet

Only 42% of September 2013 were processed in February, even though February has been the best month for processing since last April, we are still looking at an increasing backlog instead of a decreasing one.

mekima

Star Member
Aug 20, 2014
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Doc's Request.
11-08-2014
AOR Received.
24-06-2014
Med's Request
11-08-2014
Med's Done....
18-08-2014
Passport Req..
24-02-2015
LANDED..........
17-03-2015
Finally got DM just waiting on CIC Etobicoke for landing interview.

birdboy008

Feb 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2014
AOR Received.
08-08-2014
Hi, quick question: my sponsor's application has just become "in progress". What is the typical timefreme between CIC starting her application and AIP for me? I tried to look around the INLAND APPLICATION'S TIMELINE data but I can't seem to figure this one out. Thanks in advance!