INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

Rusalka

Star Member
Dec 4, 2013
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cirene, thank you!
But can you go abroad while waiting for PR?
How long does it usually take to receive PR?
And what status do you have while waiting for PR, when your 180 days of possibility to be in country by travel visa are expired? Do you need prolongation of visa while you r waiting?

mimssimo

Star Member
Oct 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
07-08-2013
Passport Req..
NO
LANDED..........
13-March -2014
lauraks said:
Oh my goodness! You're from Paris? Je suis très jaloux! I would love to visit France someday, actually that is my next destination after the PR comes through.
you welkom yes i'm from paris but now i'm from Montréal, i love paris it's magique,

crester

Apr 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2013
AOR Received.
16-04-2013
Med's Done....
10-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
AIP: 24-01-2014 \\ DM: 03-03-2014
LANDED..........
30-04-2014@Montreal
Usually the update of CIC website is slower than their actual progress, hope they can move faster next week. ;D

bruneian said:
1 day move???!! are they having an early christmas this year?!

IsThisOverYet

Nov 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013
AOR Received.
23-04-2013
Med's Request
22-01-2014
Med's Done....
Not Yet
So much for CIC catching up and processing times actually decreasing.... It seems like they have slowed down again and are going to just keep on par with the 11 months for stage 1 processing times.

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
Cirene said:
Hello family, how are you today? It's very depressing to check the CIC page and to know that they will go on holidays soon as well.

In the other hand I'm very COLD!! This blizzard in Calgary is NUTSSSSS. I wish I could sleep until spring.
Oh tell me about it, we were actually snowed in because of the drifts. My poor man had to work out in it during night time! And now it's just super crispy cold so we're staying inside all day today :)

Sept 11 2013

Star Member
Nov 25, 2013
Good luck to us everybody :)
Application Received: August 21, 2013
AOR: September 11, 2013
AIP: waiting
Police Certificate: Yes
Medical: Yes
Anybody Here same with my situation?

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
Rusalka said:
Cirene, thank you!
But can you go abroad while waiting for PR?
How long does it usually take to receive PR?
And what status do you have while waiting for PR, when your 180 days of possibility to be in country by travel visa are expired? Do you need prolongation of visa while you r waiting?
You're very welcome Rusalka.

It takes 11 months (give or take) to get AIP (approval in principle *1st step*) which means that you are eligible for a PR and your husband is eligible to sponsor you.

You can apply for an OWP (open work permit) along with the PR application, so when your visitor status in Canada expires, you'll have "implied status" (which means that you are legal in Canada) but if you don't want to apply for an OWP and your TRV is about to expire but you are submitting the PR application, it's ok too. You are allow to stay in Canada even tho you're out of status.

You can apply from your country of origin (outland) but I don't know how long would it take, depends on the country it can be quicker than applying inland.

folks-g

Star Member
Feb 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/05/2013
Doc's Request.
OWP with app
Nomination.....
AIP/OWP JAN 29 2014
AOR Received.
05/06/2013
IELTS Request
docs requested jan 29
Med's Done....
15/05/2013
hey guys its I really don't know what to think about cic anymore its just so heartbreaking the way they treat us inland apps.right now I have lost most of my faith and am just gonna sit back and wait to see how things are gonna unfold for us moving forward into the new year.# tryingtostaypositive

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Line.a said:
Oh tell me about it, we were actually snowed in because of the drifts. My poor man had to work out in it during night time! And now it's just super crispy cold so we're staying inside all day today :)
Haha I know, my in-laws are in Airdrie too and my mother in law called me on monday to tell me her office was closed due to the snow. I go to Airdrie every weekend but I don't think I'll go there this one haha.

Sept 11 2013 said:
thanks cirene :)
You are very welcome Sept 11 2013 ;D

Rusalka

Star Member
Dec 4, 2013
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cirene, thank you very much!
Oh, the waiting period looks so long!
And during this period I can t travel abroad?
Does it help that we are married with my Canadian husband for more than ten years and have common kids ( also Canadians) of 9 and 3 years? And one is coming soon.
I don t plan to work for next 3 years because of kids.

In different place people wrote that I need prolongation of my visa while I am waiting for PR, otherwise I am illegal.

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Rusalka said:
Cirene, thank you very much!
Oh, the waiting period looks so long!
And during this period I can t travel abroad?
Does it help that we are married with my Canadian husband for more than ten years and have common kids ( also Canadians) of 9 and 3 years? And one is coming soon.
I don t plan to work for next 3 years because of kids.

In different place people wrote that I need prolongation of my visa while I am waiting for PR, otherwise I am illegal.
10 years of marriage and 3 kids make a strong case but unfortunately the waiting is the same with inland applicants.

You could travel outside Canada but there is no guarantee that when you clear custom the officer would let you back in, it's a matter of luck and hoping that you get a nice officer too. Some users in this forum have left Canada and come back with no problem (I think most of them are from a visa exempt country). I've been in Canada for almost 2 years now and as much as I'm dying to go and see my family and friends back at home, I wouldn't risk it (but that's just me).

The best thing you can do is to find out long does it take for you to submit outland and then make a decision, It's very hard and I wish it could be easier on us :(

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Rusalka said:
The law is different now, you can stay in Canada without having a status, but if it makes you feel better, you could get an extension of your TRV or even apply for the OWP (even tho you are not planing to work) just so you have implied status.

I copied this from the CIC page:

Maintaining legal status
Spouses and common‑law partners of Canadian citizens and permanent residents in Canada who wish to apply for permanent resident status are no longer required to have legal immigration status provided that they have an eligible sponsor. All other eligibility requirements continue to apply.

April Fajardo

Star Member
Dec 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 5, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 12, 2014