+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

PaoladeCano

Star Member
Feb 2, 2013
guri3577 said:
Congrats to PaoladeCane on getting AIP :)
Thanks Guri3577!! I know this isn´t quite over yet, but it sure gives us great reassurance and peace in our minds and hearts :)

He has the appointment with the Dr. on Monday morning for the medical so hope we can keep the momentum going :)

PaoladeCano

Star Member
Feb 2, 2013
computergeek said:
The point is that anyone you could sponsor in the future in the EDE category (exempt from the A38 excessive demand) must be examined (even if they're EDE now and thus it wouldn't matter). You can sponsor parents, but they aren't exempt. Children (and spouses) are.

For economic classes, the point is that they don't want someone applying but omitting a family member that would be inadmissible. While not logical, they apply the same exact reasoning to the spouse/dependent sponsor categories as well.
Hi Computergeek,

I have a question that I am hoping you can help me with finding some answers to. My husband has 2 kids back home. They live with their mom. As part of the sponsorship process, we added them in the application, as you know that is part of the requirements/process. I know that the immigration office back home will be sending them a letter with the request for them to have their medicals done. My question is... what if, just if, for whatever reason, the mother decides not to go forward with the medicals for the kids. Would that mean that my husband´s application can get cancelled or denied? is there any chance we can write a letter to citizenship and immigration explaining that the mother has refused to get the medicals for the kids, assuming all consequences that may come in the future (like not begin able to sponsor the kids in the future, etc). Do you know what our options could be by any chance? Things are civil with the mother and us, but there is always a chance that this happens (women, lol). tx!

Tiger56

Nov 3, 2013
Hi guru3577,

I'm new here. Can you please add me to your spreadsheet?
Applied: June 21, 2013
AOR: July 16, 2013
Med & police report sent with appl: Yes
OWP: sent Oct. 8, 2013

Thanks

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
PaoladeCano said:
Hi Computergeek,

I have a question that I am hoping you can help me with finding some answers to. My husband has 2 kids back home. They live with their mom. As part of the sponsorship process, we added them in the application, as you know that is part of the requirements/process. I know that the immigration office back home will be sending them a letter with the request for them to have their medicals done. My question is... what if, just if, for whatever reason, the mother decides not to go forward with the medicals for the kids. Would that mean that my husband´s application can get cancelled or denied? is there any chance we can write a letter to citizenship and immigration explaining that the mother has refused to get the medicals for the kids, assuming all consequences that may come in the future (like not begin able to sponsor the kids in the future, etc). Do you know what our options could be by any chance? Things are civil with the mother and us, but there is always a chance that this happens (women, lol). tx!
No. It will require paperwork and will make the children ineligible for sponsorship in the future. Thus it inconveniences the applicant but punishes the children.

The extra paperwork is documenting the attempts and acknowledging the impact on the children.

I understand people use children as weapons in failed relationships, but to take something that could be very important from a child to inconvenience another adult seems truly callous.

PaoladeCano

Star Member
Feb 2, 2013
computergeek said:
No. It will require paperwork and will make the children ineligible for sponsorship in the future. Thus it inconveniences the applicant but punishes the children.

The extra paperwork is documenting the attempts and acknowledging the impact on the children.

I understand people use children as weapons in failed relationships, but to take something that could be very important from a child to inconvenience another adult seems truly callous.
Thank you for the quick response! I really pray to God that this doesn´t happen, but from the beginning we made her aware of the process and have tried to keep things in good terms but the response hash´t been the most positive one so far, so I guess there is always possible she just declines this. We will obviously keep on trying to make every effort to explain why this needs to be done and the consequences this may have in the kids´future decisions. Just worries me sick to think that this could also put everything at stake with my husband´s application.

I´ll keep positive... and keep praying :)

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP&DM: 30-01-2014
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
Tiger56 said:
Hi guru3577,

I'm new here. Can you please add me to your spreadsheet?
Applied: June 21, 2013
AOR: July 16, 2013
Med & police report sent with appl: Yes
OWP: sent Oct. 8, 2013

Thanks
Added, welcome to the thread :)

filipina311

Apr 3, 2013
hello! can you also add me to the thread guys?

Filed App. (Inland and OWP): AUgust 20,2013
received AOR: September 16, 2013
MEds and Police Report: Filed with Inland App already!

Thanks.

BY the way, did anyone apply for a temporary tax number already? My husband is yet to declare his status as married, and since im giving birth in 2 weeks, we need to apply for CCTB. I read somewhere here i need to get a temporary tax number first. Hope somebody knows about this, thank you!

Tribilin

Feb 6, 2013
Please add me to the spreadsheet :)

Application received: March 27, 2013
AOR: April 09, 2013
OWP with Application: No
Police Certificates with Application: Yes
Medical Examination with Application: Yes

Thank you!!

LaylaLala

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Ontario, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-Jan-2013
AOR Received.
13-Feb2013
Med's Request
17-Nov-2013
Med's Done....
4-Dec-2013
Interview........
29-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
29-Apr-2014
Guys!! I got the e-mail!! AIP & OWP approved!! I'm so happy!! This is moving faster than I thought! I'll give more details later on. I'm on my phone, but I just couldn't wait to tell ya'll!

folks-g

Star Member
Feb 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/05/2013
Doc's Request.
OWP with app
Nomination.....
AIP/OWP JAN 29 2014
AOR Received.
05/06/2013
IELTS Request
docs requested jan 29
Med's Done....
15/05/2013
LaylaLala said:
Guys!! I got the e-mail!! AIP & OWP approved!! I'm so happy!! This is moving faster than I thought! I'll give more details later on. I'm on my phone, but I just couldn't wait to tell ya'll!
wow amazing congratulations :D :D :D :D :D !!!!!keep it coming cic

nrajani_99

Feb 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
AOR Received.
25-04-2013
LANDED..........
WAITING FOR LANDING INTERVIEW
LaylaLala said:
[/quot

Yeah so happy for u!!!! Congrats!

Maxician

Star Member
Nov 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-13
AOR Received.
23-03-13
Hey guri3577, please add my info to the spreadsheet:

App received: Mars 03, 2013
AOR: Mars 25, 2013
CSQ received: May 06, 2013
OWP: No
Police certificates: Sent documents to the Canadian embassy in my country May 15, 2013. (No news or updates so far)
Medical examination with application: Yes

Thanks!

I HAVE A DOUBT, I haven't been able to check the status of my application with my family name after June 2013, I've tried with all the possible combinations, it used to work before. Only my partner is able with her family name (application received). Is this happening to anyone of you too?? Should I worry?? As usual the officers at the CIC phones wouldn't answer anything useful.

salsal31

Star Member
Jun 15, 2011
LaylaLala said:
Congratulations :) :) :) did you receive the email today?

jsker

Jul 8, 2013
Hamilton, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LaylaLala said:
AWESOME, congrats!!!!!! I hope its my turn next.... I have hardly been able to eat these past few days because of the nerves!! ???