+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

giggles

Aug 29, 2013
folks-g said:
hey giggles for sure if there was no strike they wuld be half way into 2013 by now. what is your timeline are you on the timesheet?
I am not on the timesheet yet. I am sponsoring my American husband.

They received our app on May 30, 2013
Email confirmation on June 11, 2013
included medicals/FBI/police
sent app for open work order shortly after on the great advice given here--thanks guys and gals!

BobbyJo

Nov 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013
Med's Done....
19-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
AIP, DM & OWP 20-Jan-14
giggles said:
I am not on the timesheet yet. I am sponsoring my American husband.

They received our app on May 30, 2013
Email confirmation on June 11, 2013
included medicals/FBI/police
sent app for open work order shortly after on the great advice given here--thanks guys and gals!
Hi giggles,

I am new to this forum as well. Also sponsoring my American husband. It's great to have company as we go through this ordeal! My application was received April 12, 2013.... praying for AIP by February 2014!!!!

giggles

Aug 29, 2013
BobbyJo said:
Hi giggles,

I am new to this forum as well. Also sponsoring my American husband. It's great to have company as we go through this ordeal! My application was received April 12, 2013.... praying for AIP by February 2014!!!!
Hey, BobbyJo! No kidding...not sure what I would of done if I hadn't found this forum. Now if you say you're also in Calgary that would be really freaky and we would have to get together and have coffee. (hehe)

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
jsker said:
I wonder how long of a wait it'll be between our AIPs and DMs?
That depends, If you submitted a complete package or not and if you did then wait to know if CIC will ask you to re-do your medicals or not, etc.

I've read in the 2012 thread that some people (who submitted a completed package) got AIP and a couple days later DM

And as you see this user @Confrentis from 2012 got AIP and DM at the same time.

I got my AIP today!!!!!
So happy!!!!
I couldn't sleep half night when I saw Dec'24 got AIP. So I was thinking abut updating my resume and get my nice work clothes from the upper shelves))))
But didn't want to jinx it and decided to wait))))

I can't understand if i got and stage or not...it says i am eligible to be sponsored. And then it says application is complete and CIC Hamilton will contact me

Jellyfishy

Star Member
Aug 14, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-04-2013
Med's Request
15-01-2014
Med's Done....
17-01-2014
Cirene said:
That depends, If you submitted a complete package or not and if you did then wait to know if CIC will ask you to re-do your medicals or not, etc.

I've read in the 2012 thread that some people (who submitted a completed package) got AIP and a couple days later DM

And as you see this user @ Confrentis from 2012 got AIP and DM at the same time.

I got my AIP today!!!!!
So happy!!!!
I couldn't sleep half night when I saw Dec'24 got AIP. So I was thinking abut updating my resume and get my nice work clothes from the upper shelves))))
But didn't want to jinx it and decided to wait))))

I can't understand if i got and stage or not...it says i am eligible to be sponsored. And then it says application is complete and CIC Hamilton will contact me
I just saw the bold at first and thought you got your AIP haha. About to freak out since we are around the same time.

BobbyJo

Nov 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013
Med's Done....
19-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
AIP, DM & OWP 20-Jan-14
giggles said:
Hey, BobbyJo! No kidding...not sure what I would of done if I hadn't found this forum. Now if you say you're also in Calgary that would be really freaky and we would have to get together and have coffee. (hehe)
I'm in Toronto - hubby is from New Jersey. At this point we probably need something stronger than coffee ;).

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
Jellyfishy said:
I just saw the bold at first and thought you got your AIP haha. About to freak out since we are around the same time.
HAHAHAHA that's hilarious!!! I wish it was me, but getting AIP and DM at the same time it's a dream come true :D.. Soon Jellyfishy it will be us posting something like that and dancing and celebrating :D

folks-g

Star Member
Feb 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/05/2013
Doc's Request.
OWP with app
Nomination.....
AIP/OWP JAN 29 2014
AOR Received.
05/06/2013
IELTS Request
docs requested jan 29
Med's Done....
15/05/2013
Wow there is so much hope and positive energy in here you wuld think that cic has began issuing aip and dm for us keep it up guys .we the end is near

PaoladeCano

Star Member
Feb 2, 2013
minime# said:
2013 around the corner!! :p I did call cic and they said my file was open so I think they may have already started working on 2013
Hi Minime,

Did you ask for anything in particular when you called CIC? I think I am going to give them a call tomorrow just to see if they are able to see anything on my file - wish me luck! I´ll be sure to post any news here :)

Regardless, it is so refreshing to feel a cheerful vibe and all the excitement from our thread!!! if the last 2012 applicant was Dec. 24, then we WILL be hearing from CIC very very soon. yahoooooo... now I am also paranoid about hearing bad news! lol

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
computergeek said:
The CIC website can say anything (and it does) but it is the IRPA (laws) and IRPR (regulations) that control. The regulations clearly state that as long as the application is received prior to expiration of existing status you remain in status until a decision is made.

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/page-77.html

R186 "A foreign national may work in Canada without a work permit"

"(u) until a decision is made on an application made by them under subsection 201(1), if they have remained in Canada after the expiry of their work permit and they have continued to comply with the conditions set out on the expired work permit, other than the expiry date."

R189 "A foreign national who has made an application under subsection 217(1) is authorized to study without a study permit until a decision is made on the application if they have remained in Canada since the expiry of their study permit and continue to comply with the conditions, other than the expiry date, set out on the expired study permit."

R183 "(5) If a temporary resident has applied for an extension of the period authorized for their stay and a decision is not made on the application by the end of the period authorized for their stay, the period is extended until"

These are the regulatory basis of "implied status". Note they all say you just have to apply prior to expiration of your current status to obtain implied consent.

That makes sense. But what i am so worried about is that i did send off the OWP and inland app before my IEC ran out, but they didn't receive it until the IEC expired.

And because we only just managed to apply to extend my visitor (change condition of your stay or whatever it is called) the VERY night before the IEC ran out. We got an email them saying they got it and how they will start processing it and what not, so would that mean i was on implied status even if it was an automatic response and i didn't get the initial visitor record in the mail until a couple months later.

Also, the visitor record was only valid until September 9th, 2013 - which we haven't taken any action, and i'm aware that the restoration time is 90 days, right? but we can't afford to apply for a restoration and would it even be necessary?

I am just worried that i was out of status for that short between where my IEC visa ran out and when Vegreville received the PR app!

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
I am getting so excited seeing how fast they are moving all of a sudden! We're almost there :)

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Line.a said:
And because we only just managed to apply to extend my visitor (change condition of your stay or whatever it is called) the VERY night before the IEC ran out. We got an email them saying they got it and how they will start processing it and what not, so would that mean i was on implied status even if it was an automatic response and i didn't get the initial visitor record in the mail until a couple months later.

Also, the visitor record was only valid until September 9th, 2013 - which we haven't taken any action, and i'm aware that the restoration time is 90 days, right? but we can't afford to apply for a restoration and would it even be necessary?
Only just is enough. You remained in status (because they received your visitor extension request prior to the expiration of your IEC) and since your OWP application was then in the hands of CPC-V (after your visitor status expired) you would be in status. Plus, it is the public policy for inland applicants that they may be sponsored even if they are not in status. So you're fine, even if you are out of status...

AchankengCrawford

Feb 13, 2013
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
AOR Received.
14-09-2013
Hi folk,

I'm freaking out a bit. We applied for my husband's PR and OWP back in August. We used my parent's house as my mailing address as we just moved. My mom called me today and said that she got a letter saying we used an outdated form and that they sent back the entire application. After asking her a lot of questions, I understand that they sent back the OWP application and not the PR application. My hsuband's vistor's visa expire soon (Dec 14 - which does give us a bit of time) and I am worried that if the OWP is not back in with the correct form then he won't have implied status. Does anyone know if this is true? Also, I have no idea how I used an outdated form as I got if off the CIC website the day before we submitted the application.

I'm also quite nervous as I do not know exactly what the letter says yet - my mom was not helpful on the phone. Has this happened to anyone? My parents are out of town until Monday when my dad will send me a scan of the letter and he will physically bring it up here next week.

What is the correct form?

Thanks.