Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
earthbound14 said:
Hi everyone, new here. I'm having a it of a problem.

My sponsorship package and residency package were received in Vegreville at the beginning of July and my sponsorship application was started to be processed at the end of July (2013). I need to find out that my sponsorship has been approved and that my wife's permanent residency application has started being processed for health care here.

I called to find out what the delay was, to see if there was a problem because I had changed addresses and was informed that sponsorship applications can take 11 months or more. Yet on the CIC website it says there is a global processing time of 27 days on average. The web site also states that complete applications for permanent residency (including sponsorship) only take 14 months in Canada - Ottawa office (although when I sent in the documents it said 11 months). This doesn't make sense.

I was then told that out of country applications take less time yet there is nothing on the website that says this. Average times in Canada and in Manila for example are both 14 months for everything.

My wife needs medical coverage because she is going to give birth here and this is insane. All I need is notification that my sponsorship has been accepted and that my wife's permanent residency application process has started. I was under the impression that it should only take 30 days and that the Vegreville office is not on strike so should not really be affected. Why am I being given this contradictory information over the phone? Why can't I find processing times for Vegreville specifically? Why does everyone here at BC Health seem to think all I need is proof of sponsorship when the person on the phone said I will not be getting any?
Uh-oh…I will cross my fingers for you guys. I don’t have any info on BC Health Care, but I would be pretty surprised if they give Health Coverage just by starting the process. Keep us updated if you can. I would be very interested to know if they do this! I realize every Province has different regulations for Health Care. But I’m 99% sure they wouldn’t do this in Ontario anyways….

The website shows different processing times for Inland (if the person you are Sponsoring is IN Canada with you) and Outland (the person you are Sponsoring is OUTSIDE of Canada). They aim to process Outland requests quicker because the husband and wife are generally separated during this process.

If you check this link for Processing times (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp) you will notice the first box that gives 27 days says at the top “Person to be sponsored lives outside of Canada” and if you scroll down a bit, the next box has the title “Person to be sponsored lives in Canada” where it gives the processing time of 11 months for the Sponsor to be approved (AIP- Approval In Principal) and 8 months for the Applicant to be approved.

Your Application should actually be processed in Vegerville. I believe Ottawa processes the Outland cases.

Spikey92

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2013
AOR Received.
15-05-2013
Med's Done....
16-04-2013
LANDED..........
12-03-2014
ACS said:
Uh-oh...I will cross my fingers for you guys. I don't have any info on BC Health Care, but I would be pretty surprised if they give Health Coverage just by starting the process. Keep us updated if you can. I would be very interested to know if they do this! I realize every Province has different regulations for Health Care. But I'm 99% sure they wouldn't do this in Ontario
Nova Scotia does. Once your applications has been received and you paid the fees youre eligible for NS Health coverage ;)

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
Really? Wow! That's awesome...maybe I better look into that here then. Would sure be some good peace of mind!!

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
Ok...just looked up for Ontario, and this is what it says:

•you have submitted an application for permanent residence in Canada, and Citizenship and Immigration Canada has confirmed that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence in Canada ;

So what would be considered "meet the eligibility requirments".....would that be when AIP is received? (11 month wait time??)

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
ACS said:
Ok...just looked up for Ontario, and this is what it says:

•you have submitted an application for permanent residence in Canada, and Citizenship and Immigration Canada has confirmed that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence in Canada ;

So what would be considered "meet the eligibility requirments".....would that be when AIP is received? (11 month wait time??)
Sounds like your sponsor has been approved, so yes, essentially AIP.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
ACS said:
Uh-oh...I will cross my fingers for you guys. I don't have any info on BC Health Care, but I would be pretty surprised if they give Health Coverage just by starting the process. Keep us updated if you can. I would be very interested to know if they do this! I realize every Province has different regulations for Health Care. But I'm 99% sure they wouldn't do this in Ontario anyways....
Ontario is the stingiest of provinces with respect to health care for PR applicants. AB seems to be the most generous. BC is somewhere in the middle. Here is the official BC MSP document explaining how a spouse or child applying for PR is covered:

http://www.health.gov.bc.ca/msp/infoben/pdf/covering-a-spouse-or-child-who-is-an-applicant-for-permanent-resident-status-in-canada.pdf

Jellyfishy

Star Member
Aug 14, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-04-2013
Med's Request
15-01-2014
Med's Done....
17-01-2014
computergeek said:
Ontario is the stingiest of provinces with respect to health care for PR applicants. AB seems to be the most generous. BC is somewhere in the middle. Here is the official BC MSP document explaining how a spouse or child applying for PR is covered:

http://www.health.gov.bc.ca/msp/infoben/pdf/covering-a-spouse-or-child-who-is-an-applicant-for-permanent-resident-status-in-canada.pdf
So judging from that it shouldn't be a problem eh?

Maybe I should ask my husband for coverage.. I supplied him with his while I was still working haha.

Hopefully Earthbound's wife should be fine then. When is she due?

I am also pretty certain that the two first stages (our AIP and their sponsorship approval) are different.

I am under the impression that for the outland approval (27 days) they just judge if the sponsor is actually Canadian, lives in Canada (or plans to re-establish) and there are no concerns there. Whereas for inland they judge your whole relationship in the first part and in the second they just make sure all the medicals and police checks are ok and the information is truthful.

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
If we go down to the registry with proof that we paid the immigration fee, proof of AOR and whatever else we can gather would I maybe get health care? I'm in rather need to go to the docs!

Gao_Ji

Oct 2, 2013
Hi everyone!! How's everyone doing on this beautiful day? ;)

I'm new here and just wanna say hi to all of the inland applicants!!
My application for PR under Common-Law Sponsorship have just been received in Vegreville today :)
Oh well, its gonna be a longgggg wait from now on but is it normal to feel the anxiety and worry that the package might be incomplete or something filled incorrectly?
The box we mailed in actually weighed 11lbs lol :eek:
Alrighty, let the wait begin :'(

pocq

Oct 2, 2013
Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum. I have been looking at this forum (especially this thread for a while) and it has been helpful.

I do have questions tho. I am sponsoring my wife and right now we are still waiting for AIP. once she gets the AIP and OWP, can she go back to South Korea to visit her family for 2 months or so? While she doesn't need to apply visa to come in, will it help her to come back inside Canada easier if she has OWP in her hand?

Thank you :)

stellahello

Star Member
Aug 1, 2013
pocq said:
Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum. I have been looking at this forum (especially this thread for a while) and it has been helpful.

I do have questions tho. I am sponsoring my wife and right now we are still waiting for AIP. once she gets the AIP and OWP, can she go back to South Korea to visit her family for 2 months or so? While she doesn't need to apply visa to come in, will it help her to come back inside Canada easier if she has OWP in her hand?

Hello,

It seems your wife is Korean. We are Korean too, and I applied for the PR for my boyfriend.
What I have heard about your question is she would go and come back to Canada.
One of my friend came back to Canada without any problems at the border.
Of course, there is no 100% Guarantee; however, it would be easier than the visitor status.

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
Gao_Ji said:
Hi everyone!! How's everyone doing on this beautiful day? ;)

I'm new here and just wanna say hi to all of the inland applicants!!
My application for PR under Common-Law Sponsorship have just been received in Vegreville today :)
Oh well, its gonna be a longgggg wait from now on but is it normal to feel the anxiety and worry that the package might be incomplete or something filled incorrectly?
The box we mailed in actually weighed 11lbs lol :eek:
Alrighty, let the wait begin :'(
Welcome on here! It's such a relief sending off the application, isn't it? :)

Yeah you're in for a wait unfortunately haha.. It's long but it's not as bad as I thought it would be!
Our application was pretty easy we only included so much.. So I guess we are about to see what happens!
Don't stress too much, they will contact you in case there is something missing or return the package for resubmission.

minime#

Aug 3, 2012
earthbound14 said:
Hi everyone, new here. I'm having a it of a problem.

My sponsorship package and residency package were received in Vegreville at the beginning of July and my sponsorship application was started to be processed at the end of July (2013). I need to find out that my sponsorship has been approved and that my wife's permanent residency application has started being processed for health care here.

I called to find out what the delay was, to see if there was a problem because I had changed addresses and was informed that sponsorship applications can take 11 months or more. Yet on the CIC website it says there is a global processing time of 27 days on average. The web site also states that complete applications for permanent residency (including sponsorship) only take 14 months in Canada - Ottawa office (although when I sent in the documents it said 11 months). This doesn't make sense.

I was then told that out of country applications take less time yet there is nothing on the website that says this. Average times in Canada and in Manila for example are both 14 months for everything.

My wife needs medical coverage because she is going to give birth here and this is insane. All I need is notification that my sponsorship has been accepted and that my wife's permanent residency application process has started. I was under the impression that it should only take 30 days and that the Vegreville office is not on strike so should not really be affected. Why am I being given this contradictory information over the phone? Why can't I find processing times for Vegreville specifically? Why does everyone here at BC Health seem to think all I need is proof of sponsorship when the person on the phone said I will not be getting any?
Go to a community centre they will be able to help u.......I gave birth here and they helped me with hospital bills ultrasounds etc. I used a midwife as well which was free of charge.

Jellyfishy

Star Member
Aug 14, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-04-2013
Med's Request
15-01-2014
Med's Done....
17-01-2014
pocq said:
Hi everyone,

It might be easier but it is not certain that she is allowed back in. You are supposed to stay in the country until you have your PR card. I wanted to travel too when that was done but it is really risky and you risk forfeiting your whole application.

Gao_Ji

Oct 2, 2013
Line.a said:
Welcome on here! It's such a relief sending off the application, isn't it? :)

Yeah you're in for a wait unfortunately haha.. It's long but it's not as bad as I thought it would be!
Our application was pretty easy we only included so much.. So I guess we are about to see what happens!
Don't stress too much, they will contact you in case there is something missing or return the package for resubmission.
OMG..yaaa was such a big relief once the box was sealed and sent out!!
My partner and I were so stressed doing the application (more so me, I had bad dreams almost every night lol) and it just felt so surreal after everything was done..
I felt so lost after, didnt even know what to do haha
Hmmm so the current wait time is stated as 19 months but does anyone have any idea approximately how long a wait are the inland applicants looking at?
Read up that usually inland applications would take wayyy longer than the quoted processing time? :'(