Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
frenchwapiti said:
hello all my waiting buddies,

it took all this time to arrive in our mail box!!! But finally we got our AIP letters, both of us. no further documents are required, but they say that my OWP will be processed later. I don't really know what that means and where will it be processed? in Mississauga or in Vegreville where we had it sent?
We both are happy today and I think of all of you and wish the good news comes soon for you too. Congratulations to those who got AIP these last days and today!!!!
Congrats. But, what is your date?

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
frenchwapiti said:

it took all this time to arrive in our mail box!!! But finally we got our AIP letters, both of us. no further documents are required, but they say that my OWP will be processed later. I don't really know what that means and where will it be processed? in Mississauga or in Vegreville where we had it sent?
We both are happy today and I think of all of you and wish the good news comes soon for you too. Congratulations to those who got AIP these last days and today!!!!
Congrats to everyone and you Frenchwapiti. Good to hear you got yours finally. The cic agent was correct then when she said its in the mail. Owp is processed in Vegreville so maybe you just have to wait. You can call later to check if it is mailed already. How about your medical? I remember we almist have the same date on when our medical was done. Did it say you have to redo it? Or just status wuo? I hope they still consider it.
Civic, she is an Aug 16 applicant. Didnt receive aip emails but received through mailbox. Congrats again!

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
lionhead75 said:
Hello to everyone, i've been reading lots of your personal experiences and i've appreciated much of the insight. Now it's time for me to share my experience as the sponsor of my spouse, in particular our AIP interview. It has now been 16 months since CIC has received our application. Here is my timeline.

CIC rcvd application to sponsor and OWP on June 28, 2013.
CIC started processing application on July 23, 2013
Email requesting more information rcvd Dated Feb 14, 2014
Information sent to VGV office on two occasions
Email transferred to CIC Montreal rcvd April 11, 2014 (No AIP)
Interview letter rcvd (Dated Oct 28, 2014)
Interview CIC Montreal Nov 06, 2014

As you can see, my wife and i are still waiting on the answer from the Montreal CIC office (6-8 months processing time) following our AIP interview, which went very well. I felt the need to share our interview experience. Upon receiving the interview letter, our stress level/excitement went up a notch as you can imagine. We got together all the documented evidence of our relationship we could in preparation as we knew the interview was to verify the genuineness of it. Armed with more than 60 photographs, banking statements, business contracts, Quebec marriage certificate and certified letters from members of my family, we entered the IO's cubicle around 8:30, right on time. The woman agent was very courteous and proceeded to explain how the interview would work. We started by presenting all the documentation. The IO seemed satisfied with the amount of evidence and told us it would not be necessary to do separate interviews (i perceive this as a good sign). She thus took all the docs with her to scan which took 20 minutes. Upon her return, she only asked us to clarify one thing about our relationship. We proceeded to ask her our own questions which she answered. The IO then told us we demonstrated good faith and that her answer would come by mail 2 weeks later but also mentioned it could be faster.

Needless to say our spirits were lifted following the interview. It has now been 18 days (12 business days) since then and our patience is running thin! No Ecas update and no letter. Obviously it isn't healthy to create expectations on the words of an IO, but we couldn't help it!

Hopefully, our AIP and OWP will arrive by snail mail this week. How long could it possibly take to get all this done after an interview? My mind worries :'(... Does anyone have insight into this?

Good luck to all who have AIP (first stage) interviews!
Thank you for sharing your story with us!
I don't know how much time they need to send a letter, but we are talking about CIC, so it's not a good enough reason to worry :p
Hopefully everything will go well and you will have a fast second stage. Keep us posted!

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
LeBon said:
Hi everyone,

I have a question related to work permits and implied status. I am an Oct 2 2013 applicant still waiting for AIP. However, I hold a work permit (from IEC) valid until early February 2015. I always assumed I would be in possession of the OWP from my sponsorship by the time my current WP expired (I included the application with our sponsorship). My backup plan was to use the IEC program for a second time, but the application dates for the UK will not be before January.

Based on this information, would I be able to stay at my current job on implied status after Feb if I'm not approved before? I would be interested to hear about the experiences of anyone who was in a similar situation.

Thanks for your help! And here's hoping CIC can push through more AIPs today :)
I think you're in a grey area b/c you can get IEC visa a 2nd time. When can you apply for your 2nd IEC visa?? If you do it before your 1st one expires I think you can get implied status through IEC visa program. Though check with the program that issues the IEC visas.

I'm not sure if you get implied status through your sponsorship application.

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
zardoz said:
No. CIC have made it very clear that IEC work permits do not benefit from "implied status" as they cannot be extended, which is a prerequisite for "implied status". If you choose to believe otherwise, it's at your own risk.
But the OPs IEC visa can be extended LeBon is eligible to get a 2nd IEC visa. I wonder if that changes things???

AchankengCrawford

Feb 13, 2013
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
AOR Received.
14-09-2013
Congrats to my fellow Aug 21st! Hopefully the rest of August gets theirs this week!

My husband went and got his health care today (1 year, temporary) from Alberta Health Services. He needed to show his AIP letter, his ID (passport), and that he lived in Alberta (Lease). He has a number and is getting the card in 5 days. It was very straightforward and easy. He called CIC and they said the OWP should be processed in 2 weeks (from Vergeville). We are so happy and we are cheering all of you on!

Princess029
Filipina311
FTBG

You're next!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Linden said:
But the OPs IEC visa can be extended LeBon is eligible to get a 2nd IEC visa. I wonder if that changes things???
The second IEC is exactly that, a brand new application. It's not an extension of the first one.

Princess029

Dec 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 23, 2013
AOR Received.
September 15, 2013/ Start pocessing
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
March 2014
AchankengCrawford said:
Congrats to my fellow Aug 21st! Hopefully the rest of August gets theirs this week!

My husband went and got his health care today (1 year, temporary) from Alberta Health Services. He needed to show his AIP letter, his ID (passport), and that he lived in Alberta (Lease). He has a number and is getting the card in 5 days. It was very straightforward and easy. He called CIC and they said the OWP should be processed in 2 weeks (from Vergeville). We are so happy and we are cheering all of you on!

Princess029
Filipina311
FTBG

You're next!
Ahhh AchankengCrawford that's very sweet of you. THANK YOU! AND we are really hoping this week is our week. Please help us god.

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
Linden said:
Unfortunately no, as zardoz said, it's considered a brand new, "outland" application, so still no implied status

JohnnyP

Jun 20, 2013
Toronto-->Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville--> Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
frenchwapiti said:

Congrats Frenchwapiti!!! It's weird that you received the AIP via mail instead of email, but as long as you get it, you can't complain. right?

For me, I received the marriage certificate from Registrar office last week and sent it to CPC last Friday with some additional evidence to prove our relationship. Hopefully, we will get the AIP and OWP as soon as possible.

At last, congrats to everyone who recently got the AIPs!!!!!!!!!

honeyblossom678

Nov 23, 2014
I am a Canadian married to an Italian. I sponsored my husband within Canada on September 2013.
I would like to know if there are any applications who applied in the same period and have already received an answer from CIC Canada.

APPLIED- On last week September 2013.
RECEIVED BY CIC- September 30, 2013
(Sent application to Vegreville, Alberta)
CIC sent a letter saying that they moved my application to CIC Mississaugua- March 7, 2014

Haven't heard anything since.

axal22

Nov 24, 2014
Hello everyone!

I've been following this forum for over a year now, finally I decided to join in, I'm an October 2013 applicant, and I'm "patiently" waiting like most of you for AIP and PR, I feel so close and yet so far!!! but I know the day will finally come.

I would like to be added to the spreadsheet but I'm not quite sure how to do it, can anyone give me a hint?

JohnnyP

Jun 20, 2013
Toronto-->Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville--> Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
axal22 said:
Hello everyone!

I've been following this forum for over a year now, finally I decided to join in, I'm an October 2013 applicant, and I'm "patiently" waiting like most of you for AIP and PR, I feel so close and yet so far!!! but I know the day will finally come.

I would like to be added to the spreadsheet but I'm not quite sure how to do it, can anyone give me a hint?
Send a private message to Sophieee with your timeline.

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
honeyblossom678 said:
I am a Canadian married to an Italian. I sponsored my husband within Canada on September 2013.
I would like to know if there are any applications who applied in the same period and have already received an answer from CIC Canada.

APPLIED- On last week September 2013.
RECEIVED BY CIC- September 30, 2013
(Sent application to Vegreville, Alberta)
CIC sent a letter saying that they moved my application to CIC Mississaugua- March 7, 2014

Haven't heard anything since.
They are working on applications received on aug 21, 2013. Hopefully, they work faster so it can jumped up to september applicants soon. So no, nobody from sept has received approval yet.

frenchwapiti

Jan 15, 2014
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
with application
VISA ISSUED...
patiently waiting
LANDED..........
15-04-2015
shyla36 said:
Congrats to everyone and you Frenchwapiti. Good to hear you got yours finally. The cic agent was correct then when she said its in the mail. Owp is processed in Vegreville so maybe you just have to wait. You can call later to check if it is mailed already. How about your medical? I remember we almist have the same date on when our medical was done. Did it say you have to redo it? Or just status wuo? I hope they still consider it.
Civic, she is an Aug 16 applicant. Didnt receive aip emails but received through mailbox. Congrats again!
thanks shyla36,
they did not ask for further documents or to redo the medicals, I therefore think it is still ok. I 'll try to call them tomorrow to see what about my OWP