London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Ponga said:
I would like to believe that even the most weathered VO would have to ignore this, but with CIC...who knows for sure.

Still, if your husband could get something from his lawyer (just in case), it could only help.

The fact that the conviction showed up might make it [Visitor Visa application] difficult to contest, with nothing more than a verbal promise from his lawyer, IMHO.
The question is, would the declaration of the conviction have made a "material difference to the administration of the Act" when the visitor visa application was being processed?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ACS said:
I will ask my husband if he even remembers the lawyers name. It was almost 10 years ago....

Do you know, if for any reason we were refused for this, is there anything we could do about it?

Since my husband can't work, and I am working 2 jobs, but we still just barely get by, we couldn't afford a lawyer, nor could we afford to pay the fees again to resubmit. If my husband had to leave, there is no way we could make ends meet, since he watches our son, which cuts costs alot (if you have seen the costs of daycare lately). And if he wasn't able to stay in Canada, of course my son and I wouldn't stay here on our own, but to try to move ALL our stuff and leave the country, we couldn't afford it either...if they made him leave we would basically end up broke and probably homeless....we are already in considerable debt trying to manage things until he can work!
Trust me when I say that my intent was never to add to your stress level. I was merely talking out loud about a possible scenario.

If your Inland application is denied, you normally have no right to an appeal. Again, I don't think your situation will be a problem with the sponsorship application, as I was only stating that if an over zealous VO looks at the Visitor Visa application they may try to connect the dots.

The problem with CIC, is their lack of publicizing information and/or changes. A prime example is the update to the Inland (In-Canada Class) Guide, last week, that now states that an applicant must have legal status to be eligible. What does that mean to those without status that applied prior to that update (which is Oct 25th)? Are they now going to be refused, or will CIC do what would be logical and only apply this change to those that applied after Oct 24th? You'd think that an AOR prior to Oct 25, 2014 would protect them, right?

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
Ponga said:
Trust me when I say that my intent was never to add to your stress level. I was merely talking out loud about a possible scenario.

If your Inland application is denied, you normally have no right to an appeal. Again, I don't think your situation will be a problem with the sponsorship application, as I was only stating that if an over zealous VO looks at the Visitor Visa application they may try to connect the dots.

The problem with CIC, is their lack of publicizing information and/or changes. A prime example is the update to the Inland (In-Canada Class) Guide, last week, that now states that an applicant must have legal status to be eligible. What does that mean to those without status that applied prior to that update (which is Oct 25th)? Are they now going to be refused, or will CIC do what would be logical and only apply this change to those that applied after Oct 24th? You'd think that an AOR prior to Oct 25, 2014 would protect them, right?
Oh no Ponga. You didn’t add to my stress level at all. :) I was aware of the possibility before, but I had put it to the back of my mind since the processing was going so slowly, but now that we are getting closer to our date…..

I appreciate your thought and insight. You are always such a great help on this forum, to many people! :)

I never associate the word “logical” with CIC…….lol

As you can see even from Etobicoke transferring the Criminal Rehabilitation form to Vegreville, only to have it forwarded back to them. HOW do they not know that they are the office that processes those?!?

By changing this eligibility requirement, they are just encouraging people to remain in Canada illegally to be honest. Allowing those in Canada out of status to apply, it encourages everyone to become legal. Which is a win win for everyone involved.

frenchwapiti

Jan 15, 2014
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
with application
VISA ISSUED...
patiently waiting
LANDED..........
15-04-2015
ACS said:
I will ask my husband if he even remembers the lawyers name. It was almost 10 years ago....

Do you know, if for any reason we were refused for this, is there anything we could do about it?

Since my husband can't work, and I am working 2 jobs, but we still just barely get by, we couldn't afford a lawyer, nor could we afford to pay the fees again to resubmit. If my husband had to leave, there is no way we could make ends meet, since he watches our son, which cuts costs alot (if you have seen the costs of daycare lately). And if he wasn't able to stay in Canada, of course my son and I wouldn't stay here on our own, but to try to move ALL our stuff and leave the country, we couldn't afford it either...if they made him leave we would basically end up broke and probably homeless....we are already in considerable debt trying to manage things until he can work! But pretty much all our Visa's are maxed by now.

I know we could take our story to the media if we were refused...but who's to know if the media would even pick it up.

There have been some pretty positive results for families who take their story to the media...like overturning decisions. Not sure if even that is an option though?!?
Hello ACS,
Please stay calm and confident! There is no reason you get that stressed as per today. Be confident in your application you have done it in a truthful manner and have never tried to hide whatever information from CIC in order to make your application look better. Therefore I think you will get your PR, sooner or later, just be consistent and stay confident. I am sure it will all be all right. the process is long and stressfull for the applicants and their family, but you do your best and I cross my fingers for you that in the end it will all be fine, you will see. Keep smiling and stay positive. :) :) :)

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
MiriMinBC said:
Omg omg!!!!

My landing in Van is Nov 6th!!! That's NEXT WEEK. Next week I will have my COPR!!! Omg omg!!!!
YAAAYYY!!!!!!!!! That is super awesome!!!!!!!! :D

Congrats!!! Let us know how it goes!!!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ACS said:
Oh no Ponga. You didn't add to my stress level at all. :) I was aware of the possibility before, but I had put it to the back of my mind since the processing was going so slowly, but now that we are getting closer to our date.....

I appreciate your thought and insight. You are always such a great help on this forum, to many people! :)

I never associate the word “logical” with CIC.......lol

As you can see even from Etobicoke transferring the Criminal Rehabilitation form to Vegreville, only to have it forwarded back to them. HOW do they not know that they are the office that processes those?!?

By changing this eligibility requirement, they are just encouraging people to remain in Canada illegally to be honest. Allowing those in Canada out of status to apply, it encourages everyone to become legal. Which is a win win for everyone involved.
*whew* I was afraid that I was being deemed a villain, by merely offering my "what if...". Glad to hear that it wasn't a total shock to your system!

Regarding the eligibility change; how does that change, encourage a person to remain in Canada illegally? Now those without status can't even be approved for Spousal sponsorship at all. Those that are beyond the 90-day window to apply for Restoration of Status would need to leave Canada and attempt re-entry, or apply Outland from wherever they end up if they can't get back in.

hshi

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
Congrat MiriMinBC, when did you receive your AIP and what`s your AOR

thanks

MiriMinBC said:
Omg omg!!!!

My landing in Van is Nov 6th!!! That's NEXT WEEK. Next week I will have my COPR!!! Omg omg!!!!

TorontoCouple

Oct 15, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Interview........
15-01-2015
LANDED..........
15-01-2015
MiriMinBC said:
Omg omg!!!!

Congrats!!!

jmarie88

Oct 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2013
AOR Received.
21-11-2013
Med's Request
Sent with application
Med's Done....
08-2013
Interview........
21-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
One day..
Guanaquito said:
A new week!!pls more AIP & DM!!
Guy as my Medicals are already expired, this week I planing to redo it again. Anybody else going through same situation resently who can give some advises??
Should I explain to the doctor than I already submit my app & ask for upfront Medicals again??
Also after we send our app, we have been collecting some extra support documents and more pic from our relationship than We would like to send together with the copy of my new medical to mississauga, do you think is good idea??
Shod we send it ourself or through our lawyer??
& to which adreess??
You advise will be appreciated, thanks.
I called CIC asking about redoing my medical exam as it has been over a year and is expired. The agent told me NOT to redo it. He said to wait until I get notification about retaking the exam if needed. I would call and ask another agent to be sure. I've gotten different answers before from different agents about previous questions.

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
jmarie88 said:
I called CIC asking about redoing my medical exam as it has been over a year and is expired. The agent told me NOT to redo it. He said to wait until I get notification about retaking the exam if needed. I would call and ask another agent to be sure. I've gotten different answers before from different agents about previous questions.
I would say not to redo b/c even though it's been over a year CIC will in some cases extend the validity of a medical exam past a year. I would imagine this will happen more now as the processing times are so long. Some people might elect to do it again in the hopes of getting AIP+DM at the same time. Up to you at the end of the day.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
MiriMinBC said:
I have to bring 2 photos. It looks like they are basically passport size photos?
The same type of photos you used when you applied originally. They are not passport photos and will be rejected if you bring passport photos. Just use the same exact specifications you did when you initially filed your application and you'll be fine :D

Congrats, btw :D

thegorchess

Star Member
Jun 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
01-10-2013
Ponga said:
We applied in October last year. My husband does not have legal status. I am going to go crazy if this is not grandfathered. I will make the grandest stink this country has ever seen!!!!!