+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2012

tatey

Sep 9, 2013
Tomorisu said:
Screech, I went to register for health insurance. On the website, they say that you will be eligible for the Québec Health Insurance Plan after a waiting period of up to 3 months following your registration. But I was told that I will be covered from 1st January. That means I wait only 2 months. However, if I go to register tomorrow, I would be covered from February. I'm lucky! ;D
Same here in BC, the wait period is the remainder of the month in which you applied plus two months.

Jolly1

Star Member
Apr 3, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 25 2012
Doc's Request.
September 11 2013
AOR Received.
December 21 2012
Med's Request
11-09-2013
Med's Done....
June 17 2012
LANDED..........
:/
charmainefrances said:
Hello guys! I'm wondering if there are poeple here who has accompanying dependents in their home country?

I do have one in my home country.

my husband and I just received aip and owp after almost 3 years. I also did medical exams again.

After all that, i'm wondering how long would it take before they ask medicals for my dependent. Another year or two? I hope i'm still sane by that time. I haven't seen my son for 3 years :(
@charmaine, I guess every case is different!
I have an oversea dependant as well when I received my AIP I was also ask to provide address and telephone
Number for dependant! Also I was asked to redo my medical and cic didn't ask that (her name) do her medical but they stated that all persons listed on application weather or not accompaning needs to have a medical done. I went ahead and had her do her medicals. My fear was that it wouldn't be attached to my file but I called CIC and it was received!!

Nigea

Star Member
Jun 17, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/12/2012
AOR Received.
29/01/2013
File Transfer...
DM Oct. 31
Med's Done....
23/11/2012
LANDED..........
10/12/2013
Just received this from CIC "you have met requirements for Sponsorship"
Will my husband receive notice soon and OWP?

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
Nigea said:
Just received this from CIC "you have met requirements for Sponsorship"
Will my husband receive notice soon and OWP?
Congrats! You are approved as a sponsor. I think your husband will receive his AIP by e-mail and OWP will be sent by snail mail. ;)

RebeccaF

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2012
AOR Received.
22-01-2013
Sonja/srb said:
Thanks guys, I am in shock right now :) :) :)
congrats Sonja!!

And I saw you only got your AIP on Oct. 17th? That makes all of us Oct. 28th AIPers VERY VERY excited :)))

charmainefrances

Oct 24, 2011
St. Albert, Alberta
Visa Office......
CPC/VEGREVILLE TRANSFERRED TO CIC-EDMONTON
App. Filed.......
23-11-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
12-10-2013
Med's Done....
23-10-2013 received by cic 31-10-2013
Interview........
12-09-2013 PASSED
Passport Req..
18-03-2014 PPR OF MY SON
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
June 24,2014 To God be the glory! PR CARD received: August 22, 2014 (exactly 60 days after landing)! Son's PR card arrived August 27, 2014 (exactly 65 days after landing)
Jolly1 said:
@ charmaine, I guess every case is different!
I have an oversea dependant as well when I received my AIP I was also ask to provide address and telephone
Number for dependant! Also I was asked to redo my medical and cic didn't ask that (her name) do her medical but they stated that all persons listed on application weather or not accompaning needs to have a medical done. I went ahead and had her do her medicals. My fear was that it wouldn't be attached to my file but I called CIC and it was received!!
Thank you for your response!

The IO from cic edmonton also asked for my son's name and address and his guardian's name too.

I am thinking if I should let him do the med exams now than waiting for the request of canadian embassy in manila. I will just give them a call after.

Thanks so much!

zedekiah08

Apr 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
Doc's Request.
31-01-2013
AOR Received.
01-02-2013
Med's Request
very soon
Med's Done....
none
VISA ISSUED...
very soon
LANDED..........
in Canada since 2009
charmainefrances said:
Hello guys! I'm wondering if there are poeple here who has accompanying dependents in their home country?

I do have one in my home country.

my husband and I just received aip and owp after almost 3 years. I also did medical exams again.

After all that, i'm wondering how long would it take before they ask medicals for my dependent. Another year or two? I hope i'm still sane by that time. I haven't seen my son for 3 years :(
Hello charmaine, we are in the same situation, i have a 5 yrs old daughter too in the Philippines, my husban sponsor us. Im also curious if a 5 yrs old needs to do medical too..

germanywing

Oct 29, 2013
Alurra71 said:
Well, finally.

Husband has been approved. He, or rather, the consultant got his approval email. There has been nothing sent to me as of yet. I don't know if they will send it paper or email or what. Ecas almost appears to be not having them as my representative as my home/mailing address is the same. Hubby's had consultants as mailing and standard address as home.

Anyway, at least it is forward movement. Essentially got AIP without getting anything for myself stating that. Seems about right for CIC.

And Screech, that was issues Oct 28, so you can update. I just now got the information though. :D Also, I noticed that you have put me down as applying for OWP at the same time, which I did not. Hubby thinks we will just sit and wait for a week or so before we make a decision about whether to apply for one since the rest of things have been happening so fast.
Hi, Alurra,]We are in the same situation.Finally my husband (sponsor) has been approved on Oct 27. But so far i haven"t received any emails. I checked ECAS yesterday. The following is my timeline:

For the part of my husband (Sponsorship Application Status)

We received your application to sponsor ..... on December 3, 2012.

We started processing your application on January 18, 2013.

We sent you a letter on October 27, 2013 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

for my part as a applicant:

We received your application for permanent residence on December 3, 2012.

We started processing your application on October 27, 2013.

Medical results have been received.

I called CIC call center again today. I was told that my application for the first stage was not completed. They just approved my husband as a sponsor und still did not approve me. That is why i couldnt get the AIP letter, which addressed to me. Now i was totally confused. As i learned in our forum, normally we should get the two emails at the same time. :'( ??? ???

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
germanywing said:
i also was told that i wont get my OWP, because my AIP has not been approved.
That's correct. As soon as you get AIP, CIC will mail you an OWP.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Weelove said:
Hi guys, does ecas show if CIC has received your medicals?
Yes. They do. Assuming they actually update it properly.

Screech339

charmainefrances

Oct 24, 2011
St. Albert, Alberta
Visa Office......
CPC/VEGREVILLE TRANSFERRED TO CIC-EDMONTON
App. Filed.......
23-11-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
12-10-2013
Med's Done....
23-10-2013 received by cic 31-10-2013
Interview........
12-09-2013 PASSED
Passport Req..
18-03-2014 PPR OF MY SON
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
June 24,2014 To God be the glory! PR CARD received: August 22, 2014 (exactly 60 days after landing)! Son's PR card arrived August 27, 2014 (exactly 65 days after landing)
Weelove said:
Yes, one of my friends here on the forum had his medical i think in SEPT. Then after 2 weeks from the day of the medicals examination his ecas changed to medicals received.

I too had my medical last week 0ct. 23 and today Oct. 31, the doctor phoned me that she already uploaded my results and sent to cic. So i will check from time to time if it will be on my ecas. I will let you know.

Deedeedar

Star Member
Jul 26, 2012
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Med's Request
28-10-2013
Med's Done....
04-05-2012
LANDED..........
30-04-2014
Weelove said:
As Screech339 said "Yes. They do. Assuming they actually update it properly".

Today I checked my e-cas and my status changed to the below but they didn't mention about the medicals because they told me to RE-DO.

Permanent Residence
1. We received my name's application for permanent residence on December 6, 2012.
2. We started processing my name's application on October 28, 2013.

One of my friend sent the application at the same time as mine and received AIP+OWP via email as the same time as mine but she didn't have to RE-DO her medical exam so CIC mentioned her e-cas as follows.

Permanent Residence
1. We received her name's application for permanent residence on December 6, 2012.
2. We started processing her name's application on October 28, 2013.
3. Medical results have been received.

RebeccaF

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2012
AOR Received.
22-01-2013
Deedeedar said:
As Screech339 said "Yes. They do. Assuming they actually update it properly".

Today I checked my e-cas and my status changed to the below but they didn't mention about the medicals because they told me to RE-DO.

Permanent Residence
1. We received my name's application for permanent residence on December 6, 2012.
2. We started processing my name's application on October 28, 2013.

One of my friend sent the application at the same time as mine and received AIP+OWP via email as the same time as mine but she didn't have to RE-DO her medical exam so CIC mentioned her e-cas as follows.

Permanent Residence
1. We received her name's application for permanent residence on December 6, 2012.
2. We started processing her name's application on October 28, 2013.
3. Medical results have been received.
Mine does not mention when medicals were received, but when I got my AIP email, there was no request for new medicals. Hmm. I THINK mine are still valid, but when I check our application status using my sponsors' info (using mine doesn't get me anywhere with ecas!), it says the same thing as Deedeedar's. I think they don't update them all...?