INLAND APPLICATIONS 2012

hamedsilent

Star Member
Oct 21, 2010
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ItisTime said:
I got AIP by email, its been a month now and I have not recevived any mail. The email said that my OWP was approved but did not receive it either. Is this normal for the OWP mail to take so long after AIP and OWP approval?
Dear ItisTime

We are pretty much in your situation, got AIP on September 21 and no OWP, last we called they told us of we do not receive it in six weeks we have to call again and they will issue the new one. I don't know but as I figured from other people it is normal once in a while their sent out letters get lost.

ItisTime

Sep 20, 2012
hamedsilent said:
Dear ItisTime

We are pretty much in your situation, got AIP on September 21 and no OWP, last we called they told us of we do not receive it in six weeks we have to call again and they will issue the new one. I don't know but as I figured from other people it is normal once in a while their sent out letters get lost.
My aip was september 23. I guess we have to wait it out 2 more weeks... hopefully second stage will be approved by then too. I do not know why but i feel more tense waiting for the second stage than i felt when i was waiting on the first stage..... if you have any neew news on the owp let me know, i will keep you informed too...thx

Cooly

Oct 25, 2012
Hi all, I got my AIP last month. I applied to open work permit 2 weeks ago. How long does it take me to obtain the work permit? And what is the average processing time for the second stage that includes medical, background and security checks. P.S. my medical has been received by CIC and the security certificate was sent along with the application.

sarakhans

Star Member
Jan 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
AOR Received.
08-08-2012
File Transfer...
(AIP) 11-10-2012
Med's Done....
22-03-2012
LANDED..........
(DM) 15-04-2013
our was approved on 11th oct, we received our owp on 18th, and aip letter on 19th oct.

CanED

Star Member
Apr 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 16th 2012
AOR Received.
Apr 24th 2012
Med's Request
Sept 18th 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 21st 2012 rec'd on Ecas Nov 11th 2012
Cooly said:
One more question. Did anyone apply for a health card after aip in Ontario?
Hi Cooly,

Yes - I applied and received my Health card in Ontario after AIP. I was here on Temporary work permit before applying for the PR so I had an OHIP card previously - I think you may have to wait 90 days if you didn't have one before; but if you had one you should get a temporary health card on the spot. One more thing - I used my OWP - I am not 100% sure if you can use the AIP letter. Call service Ontario and they should let you know.

Good luck,

CanED

gjfst

Star Member
Feb 12, 2012
London , ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cooly said:
One more question. Did anyone apply for a health card after aip in Ontario?

I applied for OHIP with no problems.
The coverage starts after 3 month from AIP date. (mine Jan 2.)
(I had the AIP letter , G licence ,foreign passport)

Info about OHIP:
This two link is the OHIP application form and the evidence that we (people who got AIP) can apply for health card.
If you have the second printed , they can't turn you down. (List 1/last apply to us)
http://www.forms.ssb.gov.on.ca/mbs/ssb/forms/ssbforms.nsf/GetFileAttach/014-0265-82~13/%24File/0265-82.pdf
http://www.forms.ssb.gov.on.ca/mbs/ssb/forms/ssbforms.nsf/GetFileAttach/014-9998E-82~1/%24File/9998-82E.pdf

Go to a FULL service ontario, in the small ones they don't do temp health cards. (even if it says thats they do health cards, i waited in line for nothing and they sent me to the main office downtown)
Good luck!

Cooly

Oct 25, 2012
gjfst said:
I applied for OHIP with no problems.
The coverage starts after 3 month from AIP date. (mine Jan 2.)
(I had the AIP letter , G licence ,foreign passport)

Info about OHIP:
This two link is the OHIP application form and the evidence that we (people who got AIP) can apply for health card.

Go to a FULL service ontario, in the small ones they don't do temp health cards. (even if it says thats they do health cards, i waited in line for nothing and they sent me to the main office downtown)
Good luck!
Thanks! What did you answer this question in Section B, Are you a
yes no new immigrant? did you say yes? We're still not immigrants although we got an AIP. also where should I say I moved from? I've been in Canada more than a year

gjfst

Star Member
Feb 12, 2012
London , ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

Yes new immigrant...
Just leave it blank , they will ask it if they need it.
If you don't know anything just leave it blank , they will check it when you get there and they fill up the missing parts.

Tea tree

Jul 31, 2012
wolanila said:
it said something like we may now apply for a work permit but also said if we applied for one it will be sent separately. I can post it here when I get home from work.
Thanks Wolanila. You are a very nice person. I wish I had viewed your post last night.

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tea tree said:
Thanks Wolanila. You are a very nice person. I wish I had viewed your post last night.
No problem tea tree... Sorry I forgot to post the letter last night I will do it tonight.

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tea tree said:
Thank you so much. It's very nice of you to do so.:)
This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class.

It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident status as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. However, a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have met these requirements.

Although you may now apply for a study permit and open work permit, which will allow you to work in the occupation and location of your choice, you will be receiving a separate letter regarding your application for your Open Work Permit.

Passports for yourself and your family members must be valid for the duration of your stay in Canada.

there it is Teatree Hope this helps you.

Tea tree

Jul 31, 2012
wolanila said:
This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class.

It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident status as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. However, a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have met these requirements.

Although you may now apply for a study permit and open work permit, which will allow you to work in the occupation and location of your choice, you will be receiving a separate letter regarding your application for your Open Work Permit.

Passports for yourself and your family members must be valid for the duration of your stay in Canada.

there it is Teatree Hope this helps you.

Thank you so much, Wolanila. I compare yours to mine, and I found that the work permit paragraph is different. Mine mentions that I can apply for a study permit and open work permit. Also, it direct me to cic websit regarding the application for a study permit. However, I submitted an open work permit application with my pr application. There's nothing about sending the Open work permit.

Anyone in the same case? No open work permit after AIP?

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tea tree said:
Thank you so much, Wolanila. I compare yours to mine, and I found that the work permit paragraph is different. Mine mentions that I can apply for a study permit and open work permit. Also, it direct me to cic websit regarding the application for a study permit. However, I submitted an open work permit application with my pr application. There's nothing about sending the Open work permit.

Anyone in the same case? No open work permit after AIP?

We also sent an open work permit with our app but did not receive it with our AIP letter... It took awhile. Teatree where r u from?