App. Filed.......
26-06-10
Med's Done....
20-06-10
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
02-06-11
You should call them Love_Young, because I am not sure, but he said they must be able to find a solution to everyone`s unique case. The number is 1-800-267-5177. The question is whether an employer would hire you without the actual SIN, which I doubt, unless they have some knowledge about this whole immigration stuff.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
komar said:
I think if you already have a temp SIN before you applied for immigration, you can keep using it till you get a permanent one. If you didnt have one and now that they have taken your work permit, I dont think you can apply for a temperorary SIN. I sincerely hope there is a way around it.
Well I had a temporary tax number for filing taxes but not the temporary SIN. Like I said, I got my OWP late in the day and landed the next morning so I was not even really given a chance to get it before hand. :(

ditta said:
You should call them Love_Young, because I am not sure, but he said they must be able to find a solution to everyone`s unique case. The number is 1-800-267-5177. The question is whether an employer would hire you without the actual SIN, which I doubt, unless they have some knowledge about this whole immigration stuff.
I am just afraid of calling and them giving me the some old run around. The difference with my case is that I wasn't even given a proper opportunity to even get a temporary one beforehand, you know? What should I say to them and how would I explain it? They added another week of wait time for the PR card and waiting 2 months extra is crappy. The person that wanted me to apply knows all about the process but I seriously doubt even knowing about it would they consider hiring me. And really, why should they?

pepe261

Star Member
Apr 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2010
Interview........
1-Dic-2011
CrazyLucy said:
Nothing yet for me. I dont expect to hear much for a few weeks. I called up last week again and they told me my appliation isnt closed or anything. They sent me another batch of letters. My boyfriend was supposed to recieve some letters in the mail and never got his either. So...it's not just CIC that is messing up the mail around here. Which makes me scratch my head and breathe a sigh of relief. I'm visiting this forum less and less due to just trying not to freak out and worry. As much good news is coming along...I would like a piece of the pie too, and I'm not getting any news so it just makes me upset sometimes. I've made small sticky notes around the house reminding me to keep my chin up and my time will come soon. It really helps sometimes. I hope everyone is well. <3
Hi CrazyLucy,

I still have to wait 2 or 3 months to hear news about my application and some times I feel really bad about that. I need to work or to study and I can't. I feel useless. But I know I am not the only one, that there are a lot of people (many of them in this forum) who have a project with their partners and fight for it. So, I say to myself and to everybody "stay calm, it is a matter of time. Thinks are going to be better. Nothing in life is horrible forever".
If I were you, I wouldn't take seriously what CIC agents say. They just can read a screen. If the system change 2 minutes after you call, they don't know it and they won't call you to tell you that your application is closed. So, you are close, really close. Call them everyday until you get good news. Because you will get good news!!!

Cheers

Pepe

ditta

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-10
Med's Done....
20-06-10
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
02-06-11
I understand. I`ve seen the additional week and doesn`t make me happy. I read suenim and others who are waiting for more than 8 weeks for the cards and I am scared that we have to wait much longer too. :( I`m working with my expired SIN for more than 7 months by now, given the circumstances that I couldn`t get it renewed before landing and my employer said they don`t really care how long I have to wait to get the new SIN as long as they can take off the taxes from my paychecks somehow. I`m pissed because I had two more job offers in line already but I have to `ditch` them right now as I cannot start right away. I also could have another position at my actual workplace, but I can`t change without the SIN. I should not be so upset though, I can work, not like you.:( Let`s hope for the best, so we will have those cards in 2 months!

Love_Young said:
I am just afraid of calling and them giving me the some old run around. The difference with my case is that I wasn't even given a proper opportunity to even get a temporary one beforehand, you know? What should I say to them and how would I explain it? They added another week of wait time for the PR card and waiting 2 months extra is crappy. The person that wanted me to apply knows all about the process but I seriously doubt even knowing about it would they consider hiring me. And really, why should they?

lovely20

Mar 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2010
ditta said:
I understand. I`ve seen the additional week and doesn`t make me happy. I read suenim and others who are waiting for more than 8 weeks for the cards and I am scared that we have to wait much longer too. :( I`m working with my expired SIN for more than 7 months by now, given the circumstances that I couldn`t get it renewed before landing and my employer said they don`t really care how long I have to wait to get the new SIN as long as they can take off the taxes from my paychecks somehow. I`m pissed because I had two more job offers in line already but I have to `ditch` them right now as I cannot start right away. I also could have another position at my actual workplace, but I can`t change without the SIN. I should not be so upset though, I can work, not like you.:( Let`s hope for the best, so we will have those cards in 2 months!

I need your help in understanding this SIN thing. Hubby's SIN expired Sept 2010 and he's on implied status since. He is using this expired SIN since. We received his OWP Monday and planning to go to Service Canada tomorrow to have his SIN renewed. Can he do that? Can he use that renewed SIN until he gets his PR card and file for a permanent one? He just got a job offer from a different company, can he accept it using the renewed SIN. Again thanks in advance for your reply.

komar

Star Member
Dec 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2010
Med's Request
12-03-2011
Med's Done....
01-04-2011
LANDED..........
21-06-2011
lovely20 said:
I need your help in understanding this SIN thing. Hubby's SIN expired Sept 2010 and he's on implied status since. He is using this expired SIN since. We received his OWP Monday and planning to go to Service Canada tomorrow to have his SIN renewed. Can he do that? Can he use that renewed SIN until he gets his PR card and file for a permanent one? He just got a job offer from a different company, can he accept it using the renewed SIN. Again thanks in advance for your reply.
Yes, yes and yes!!!

When you show your OWP to service canada, they issue SIN. If you already have one that is expired, it gets renewed. If you have a valid one, you continue with it till you can apply for permanent SIN.

Gocanucks

Jun 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
coldgirl said:
Have you tried calling them?
I phoned. They don't have any new info about my case. They forwarded my concern to Vegreville. It will take them up to 30 days to respond. Darn it! Why me? I know people got approved just four days before me. Congratulations to them though. I'm happy for them.

coldgirl

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
vergeville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Med's Done....
29-10-2010
Dont worry. Im sure you will hear something by next week.

komar

Star Member
Dec 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2010
Med's Request
12-03-2011
Med's Done....
01-04-2011
LANDED..........
21-06-2011
Gocanucks said:
I phoned. They don't have any new info about my case. They forwarded my concern to Vegreville. It will take them up to 30 days to respond. Darn it! Why me? I know people got approved just four days before me. Congratulations to them though. I'm happy for them.
We got AIP almost a month after other people in the same time line as us got theirs. It was nerve-wrecking!

Gocanucks

Jun 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks guys. It's almost like a torment for me to wait for them to get back to me. I know a lot people are or were in my shoe. I still can't help worrying about it. I should stay calm.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
ditta said:
I had to ditch 2 job opportunities too! :( I am not too happy about it at all. Seems like I will be the lone ranger waiting for work after PR...

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
The application for the QSC has been mailed and received one day earlier in Montreal then expected (comparing to regular shipping times), even when they were on strike the day before!

I'm now preparing a small package for CIC to add my final payment (Right for PR), copy of my medical receipts, correction for a typing error in my girl friend's name and to let them know the QSC should be on it's way. I once read I need to write on the envelope that it needs to be added to my file? Should I be able to see my file number on eCas? I couldn't find it anywhere on the page! Otherwise I'll (try to) call the hotline (again) tomorrow to find out.

I'm also a tiny bit upset. My employer asked me to work on the reception for Prince William & Kate. Good and easy money. However, he checked and I'm not allowed to work there, because I'm an immigrant and not a Canadian citizen! Why? "Because that's how the Royal family wants it to be." Small brainteaser for that family: how much Canada would there be to tour around in, if there were never any immigrants here!?

Anywayzzz....
Keep up the good stuff!
Jurjen

Iceyqueen

Mar 2, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2010
AOR Received.
20-01-2011
Interview........
None
LANDED..........
28-06-2011
Yay finally landing interview scheduled June 28th. This is awesome news and I'm doing the freaky happy dance woo hoo!!!

RedAlert

Star Member
Jun 8, 2011
Near Montreal QC.
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
23-08-2011
Hello all, I have a question : as a spouse who sponsors I will be responsible for all the essential and financial needs my husband has. OK, what about these full time french courses that are offered for free. Are they really free??
This is in from MICC only of course, so anyone who has experience with québec immigration??
Thanks...
RedAlert

pepe261

Star Member
Apr 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2010
Interview........
1-Dic-2011
Gocanucks said:
Hello Gocanucks,

would you give us your time line. when did you send your application? Now, I would recommend that you call every week. Sometimes there are good agents that can help you a lot.
Don't give up. If you sent your application, your application is there.

Cheers.

Pepe