Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2010
AOR Received.
AIP 21-11-2011
LANDED..........
02-04-2012
Congratulations to those whose cases got moved to positive direction. But I got a bad piece of news today after I called the CIC call centre. They seem to have lost my package!!! :'( :'( :'( They're opening up packages received on Dec.20th/2010. Ours was delivered on Dec.8/2010. But they can't find any information in their system. As I still keep the package delivery information, so I gave her the tracking #, package type, and even the person's signature who picked up the package. She said she would send a message to the office to locate our package. She said I could only call again in 30 days to find out what's going on.

Frankly I broke down after the call. I don't know if anybody had similar bad experience like this. I am now worried sick. What if they can't locate our package? Even though they find it, they won't put us in the spot of Dec.8th (according to that lady on phone). Now everything is up in the air. I don't know how I can sleep in the following 30 days. What's worse is, I can't share this bad news with my wife. She would go crazy, I am sure. Without a permanent status, she is already under enormous pressure. She stays here just for me. Her mom is pushing her hard to leave Canada. I thought we could get an approval by October. But now with this, who knows when? If it turns out that CIC can't locate our package, I am sure my wife won't allow me to submit another one. She might just leave me right away. Oh, God.

Sorry for the whining. Can't help. Everyone good luck.

Spring4.6.

Feb 6, 2011
Edmonton, Ab.
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Babyhangon,
what happened to you is just unbelievable. I am really sorry that it came to that.
I can only say, don't just quit, try to find out more informations. When I had some doubts, my husband and I went to the immigration lawyer and asked him questions. I know that it is expensive but maybe that wouldn't be such a bad thing to do. Because I think that now you need to talk with someone who knows exactly what you should do in this situation and if you can, try with the lawyer for immigration. If you are somewhere near Edmonton, I can give you contact of a lawyer that I went to see, he is very, very good and he works with immigration as well.

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
Congrats cdroach and asta! That gives us January's hope! I haven't called my io but something in the back of my mind tells me mine is done but my ecas isn't updated. My ecas has never ever been updated ever since my file was transferred ( the bastards!) excuse my French ! I just went there a minute ago and nothing. I'm not too worried about it though for now they aink perfect (major eye roll!)
I still don't go by ecas times or their updates which would be nice if they updated it everytime someone touched your file!
Oh well!

Asta that letter sounds like great news! Cdroach your journeys almost over! Yay to you!!!!

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
Ooooooohhhh ;D my word was censored!!!!! It was b-a -s-t-a - rds lmao! :-*
Sorry Cic but that's how I feel today! Lmao

Babyhangon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2010
AOR Received.
AIP 21-11-2011
LANDED..........
02-04-2012
Spring4.6. said:
Babyhangon,
what happened to you is just unbelievable. I am really sorry that it came to that.
I can only say, don't just quit, try to find out more informations. When I had some doubts, my husband and I went to the immigration lawyer and asked him questions. I know that it is expensive but maybe that wouldn't be such a bad thing to do. Because I think that now you need to talk with someone who knows exactly what you should do in this situation and if you can, try with the lawyer for immigration. If you are somewhere near Edmonton, I can give you contact of a lawyer that I went to see, he is very, very good and he works with immigration as well.
Spring4.6, thank you so much for comfort and help. We're in Toronto. It might be an option to seek help from an immigration lawyer. This kind of situation is beyond my expectation. In the following 30 days, I'll try to call some lawyer and look for information. My mind is a huge mess now. I feel so sorry to my wife. Maybe I don't deserve her. Should let her go.

lemony_20

Star Member
Nov 1, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/11/10
Doc's Request.
13/09/11
AOR Received.
AIP 22/9/2011
Med's Done....
23/06/11
Interview........
TBA
LANDED..........
...waiting...
Babyhangon said:
Spring4.6, thank you so much for comfort and help. We're in Toronto. It might be an option to seek help from an immigration lawyer. This kind of situation is beyond my expectation. In the following 30 days, I'll try to call some lawyer and look for information. My mind is a huge mess now. I feel so sorry to my wife. Maybe I don't deserve her. Should let her go.
First off, let me say I am sorry to hear about your predicament with the application package getting lost. I would very upset if I found out mine was. I am also waiting in Toronto, sent in my application on November 1st. I usually don't post, but I like to follow this thread. Remember that the most important thing is being together with your wife, I am sure you deserve her, Don't give up yet! ;] We are all here to support and give hope to others in their own trials to being with the one they love. Please hold onto your hope!

~Sam

Spring4.6.

Feb 6, 2011
Edmonton, Ab.
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Ok, first of all, if you can, please calm down. Don't say things like you don't deserve your wife. You know why you married her and man, fight for her! Don't just give up. I mean, in life a lot of problems can occur and it is not the point in quitting, the point is in keep on trying. In what ever you want in life.
How would your wife feel now if she knows that that idea crossed your mind...maybe sad...

So, stay strong and don't loose a lot of time. React fast and get correct information about what to do.
That application is something that is expensive, it hit your pocket and your nerves.
You know, it meant a lot to me when my husband stayed strong for me (even if he pretended then, i needed it).
So, calm down, think of what you will do, do it, don't loose time and if it was me I would talk with my spouse. mean, that is your partner in life, and she deserves to know the truth about application that carries her name on it. Conversation and love could be solution for your fears about her. Tell her that you love her and that you will do anything to have her beside you. Ask her for patience and let her know that you are also worried but you need to ask to get answers.

And who knows, Immigration may find your application until then. I mean man oh man, you guys paid for it and have proof that Immigration received it. Don't let it go. That is not an appeal on Immigraton decision, that is an appeal on their lack of organization. They lost my open work permit as well ( I know that it is nothing comparing to your application) but still, I know that they can loose things.
Maybe you should ask someone who knows something about it, what happens with your wives status until this gets resolved and pay attention that her temporary status in Canada is always valid,

I am really sorry that you are going through this, but dont give up, it was not your fault!

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
@Babyhangon: don't worry too much yet. Packages don't just get lost, but they might ended up on other piles for mysterious reasons. I send my application October 10th, CIC said they received it November 30th. I don't think Canada Post needs 1,5 month for shipping an envelope from Qc to Ab, so it must've gone wrong at CIC. I can never be sure, because I forget to ask for a signature-mailing. Give it another month, it'll show up!

Babyhangon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2010
AOR Received.
AIP 21-11-2011
LANDED..........
02-04-2012
Thanks to every one of you that try to comfort/help me. I really appreciate it. I just received a phone call from a 514 area code (Quebec?) and a guy told me he was from CIC Call Center. He said I need to send a new application including as much material as I can. Once they received the new application, they'll start looking for my original package. He says this is the only way to put me in my original time frame, which was Dec.8th,2010.

While this sounds ridiculous, I might have to follow. Meanwhile, I wrote an email to a few lawyers seeking help. One of them replied and advised me looking for help from MP. He says the CIC is not supposed to ignore MPs.

Friends, I will hang in there and keep fighting. Thank you so much for being here with me.

zehra

Nov 15, 2010
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Babyhangon,

Please never give up fighting. I wrote in Inlanders forum too, we should all do something about their being ridiculously slow. I have emailed to CIC, one email does not make a difference but more than one makes them realize how bad this is influencing our lives. We are here with our families but I feel very limited without working, I'm sure most of you are feeling the same. I applied in October and since then I heard nothing from them, but many outland applicants who applied in October as well got their PR already and I have 19 months to get my PR, this is way too long.

It is easy for them to solve this problem when they stop ignoring us. Lets all do something to open their eyes.

Zehra

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Babyhangon said:
Thanks to every one of you that try to comfort/help me. I really appreciate it. I just received a phone call from a 514 area code (Quebec?) and a guy told me he was from CIC Call Center. He said I need to send a new application including as much material as I can. Once they received the new application, they'll start looking for my original package. He says this is the only way to put me in my original time frame, which was Dec.8th,2010.

While this sounds ridiculous, I might have to follow. Meanwhile, I wrote an email to a few lawyers seeking help. One of them replied and advised me looking for help from MP. He says the CIC is not supposed to ignore MPs.

Friends, I will hang in there and keep fighting. Thank you so much for being here with me.

514 is central montreal area code. Good luck with your application!!

Babyhangon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2010
AOR Received.
AIP 21-11-2011
LANDED..........
02-04-2012
zehra said:
Babyhangon,

Please never give up fighting. I wrote in Inlanders forum too, we should all do something about their being ridiculously slow. I have emailed to CIC, one email does not make a difference but more than one makes them realize how bad this is influencing our lives. We are here with our families but I feel very limited without working, I'm sure most of you are feeling the same. I applied in October and since then I heard nothing from them, but many outland applicants who applied in October as well got their PR already and I have 19 months to get my PR, this is way too long.

It is easy for them to solve this problem when they stop ignoring us. Lets all do something to open their eyes.

Zehra
Good thoughts. I'll definitely file a complaint to the MP in my area after I put together a new application.

Babyhangon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2010
AOR Received.
AIP 21-11-2011
LANDED..........
02-04-2012
Inlandappl said:
514 is central montreal area code. Good luck with your application!!
Thank you. I am a little confused though. The application was sent to Alberta. But the CIC call center is located Montreal? Any one can confirm?

Corrine

Jan 31, 2011
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/11/2010 Started Processing Jan 10,2011
AOR Received.
AIP Oct 26,2011
Med's Done....
22/10/2010
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made Nov 15,2011
LANDED..........
Dec 12,2011 Landed Etobicoke
Uhh! its like they do not want us to win. A few months to put together the applicaton, another nine months to process it. I sent my application Nov 19,2010 Canada Post and CIC posted received on Nov 26, 2010 found out via-the call cente number 1888-242-2100 I just imputed my husbands client ID # and birth year. Then follow up to two weeks ago, I was going over my photo-copy of the application and reliased I left blank spaces ie. no N/A Panic!!! I resent the application with applicable N/A and a cover letter of the amended application, they received it at VEGREVILLE TODAY! Now when I called the call centre two weeks ago the man on the phone told me there is nothing I can do about it, that they would most likely find the app incomplete and return it. I mean come on this is me and my husbands life we are talking about. Some of the call agents are more helpful than others.

Me and my husband have been fretting unsure of what the future will bring since it is dependent on CIC, to some extent at least. I just wish they would process these apps faster, then the current time line. Waiting sucks! Calling upon Members of Parliment is a good idea.

Oh well, hopefully they will attach the new app to our old app and all will be well.