Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2010
AOR Received.
AIP 21-11-2011
LANDED..........
02-04-2012
jeymi said:
Hi Babyhangon, I'll try to call next week and give you an update.
i'll call too sometime next week. it'll be 11 months soon.

Babyhangon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2010
AOR Received.
AIP 21-11-2011
LANDED..........
02-04-2012
Love_Young said:
I will try to update the chart very soon. Sorry I haven't be able to sooner. Been very busy between getting things ready for my first day of work, cleaning the house, and helping my hubby pass out resumes. Before long the day has passed and you're tired again. I will do it soon though, promise. ;)

I am nervous for my first day of work tomorrow. Any tips for making the first day go smoothly? I'm afraid of my nerves getting the best of me. ::)
LY, congratulations for starting a new job. for your first day, i'd say be low key and conservative. stay calm and polite. observe and learn. you'll be fine.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Thank you for the congrats and tips Babyhangon! I will try my best. I am sure it will go smoothly, I just have a bad habit of worrying is all. Lol.

justina

Star Member
Jun 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2009
File Transfer...
03-2010 to local office
LANDED..........
12-08-2011
borrowdale said:
hey there, thanks so much for the response, i appreciate that. infact the two letters i got was, one approving my spouse to sponsor me,her obligations and her new client id number. the other one was my approval for permanent residency and that the calgary office will notify me as to when to attend an interview for landing. now it states, i and family members, if any, would be required to present the original i.d and that the $490 should be paid at the calgary cic office.

now my medical results expire on the 5th of nov, they already did and i havent had any calls, or letter from cic calgary office. i guess i wil just have to wait and see. i noticed that the calgary cic office doesnt have a telephone line or fax or email, i would have asked them directly too.
Normally the landing interview takes a couple of months to be scheduled. I base this statement on others' experiences within this thread. The Calgary office may send you a letter, an email, or call you. I don't know. There doesn't seem to be a set procedure.

If they have approved everything and stated you will have a landing interview, then you should be just fine with your expired medical. If it wasn't okay, they would have sent you instructions to do another one.

Your spouse won't be away for months, will she? She should be able to attend. Some people have rescheduled their landing interviews in order for their spouse to attend (work commitments, etc.). I had to be there for my husband's landing. If the letter says your spouse has to be there, then your spouse has to be there.

Maybe someone else can help you with a contact number for the Calgary office, but for now, it looks like you will have to wait for them to contact you for the landing date, and then you will know if you will need to reschedule for your spouse to attend.

Edit: It wouldn't hurt to call the Call Centre once or twice to find out the average wait time for landing interviews for the Calgary office. While the answers are not consistent, at least they can give you a general idea of how long others are waiting.

twchu

Star Member
Feb 4, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Nov-2010
Doc's Request.
20-Apr-2011
AOR Received.
27-10-2011
Med's Done....
08-Mar-2011
LANDED..........
07-Mar-2011
Love_Young said:
I will try to update the chart very soon. Sorry I haven't be able to sooner. Been very busy between getting things ready for my first day of work, cleaning the house, and helping my hubby pass out resumes. Before long the day has passed and you're tired again. I will do it soon though, promise. ;)

I am nervous for my first day of work tomorrow. Any tips for making the first day go smoothly? I'm afraid of my nerves getting the best of me. ::)
Hey LY,

Working tomm..Yay!!...U are back to the real world..;)
I believe the 1st day at work is probably to get to know the people in the company.. I would suggest that you remember their names and their functions as much as possible...Would be even better if you know how they function at work and their personality traits...Since you are new, you probably need help from ppl around u.. Knowing who to approach for help/advice will be very helpful as u settle in...

;)

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
gigi1612 said:
To all:

I'm in a situation, and I would like to ask anyone if they know how can I do this.

My dad called me yesterday. My Grandma is being sick for the pas 2 months or so and I was hopping to see her in Christmas time. She's getting worse and We are still waiting for the second stage approval, so had bought 2 tickets to go to Mexico already ( My husband and I). The tickects are for december the 19 but I'm afraid we are not getting AIP by that time.

If I go, can I return to Canada?

It's been 7 months after we got AIP.
Do you have AiP or not?
If so: do you have your OWP? If not: you should get it. Then in Mexico just request a new entry visa, if you can't use your previous one.

borrowdale said:
now my medical results expire on the 5th of nov, they already did and i havent had any calls, or letter from cic calgary office. i guess i wil just have to wait and see. i noticed that the calgary cic office doesnt have a telephone line or fax or email, i would have asked them directly too.
If you already have second stage, your medicals have been assessed, so don't worry about the expiry date.

Babyhangon said:
hi buima. i am sponsoring my wife. but when i log onto ecas with my own client id, i don't see anything about the sponsorship. so, where is this sponsor page? thanks for help.
That's odd, usually in the sponsor's login, it mentions both the PR application and separately the sponsorship application. If you can't see them, CIC didn't link you together yet, meaning that they haven't opened the application yet (which is very weird, even if you're on 11 months, they should've linked it together about a month ago at least). But that's only from my own experience, I don't know if that counts for every application.

shantese

Star Member
Sep 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
Med's Request
july 29 2012/medical results august 21,2012
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
08-06-2010 AIP
VISA ISSUED...
decision made april 15,2013
LANDED..........
May 6,2013
tozo said:
yeah i know,i call them and they said its not attached yet but if i track it and they have received it then no case to worry about.i am hope they attached it as quickly as possible.
i know tozo lets just keep our fingers crossed.

abisehiyo

Star Member
Dec 14, 2009
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 06,2010
Babyhangon said:
Excellent!! Congratulations! Maybe your ecas will update earlier next week. My wife's ecas remains the same. maybe we should call them soon.
ECAS still the same. Past 11 months already! Im hoping to hear from them sooooonnnn..

gigi1612

Nov 9, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2009
Doc's Request.
08-04-2011 Police Clearence
File Transfer...
29-10-2009
Med's Request
16-11-2010
Med's Done....
24-03-2011
Interview........
12-04-2011 AIP
LANDED..........
18-09-2012
Jurjen said:
Do you have AiP or not?
If so: do you have your OWP? If not: you should get it. Then in Mexico just request a new entry visa, if you can't use your previous one.

Yes I agot AIP on April. I will requeste the OWP but I'm not sure if I will get the visa entry when I come back. I enter as visitor and oversatayed until my husband submitted the sponsorhip application.

I'm afraid I will not be able to come back.

I was thinking on sending CIC aletter regarding this matter so maybe they can expedite my case. Do you think that may work?

californiajeninca

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey LY, I hope you had a good first day at work. First days are always a little nerve wracking but I'm sure you did great. You'll have to tell us how you did.

Today, I got my Sponser and PR approval letters. So happy they came. I went to apply for OHIP and duh! forgot my marriage license. It's pretty easy to get to the office so its not a big deal to go back. People complain about the bus system here but I get where I need to go and it doesn't take that long to transfer from Downtown. I might just wait until I go to my interview since my OHIP will be active on Dec. 26. What a boxing day pressie!

I have another question, I got a Temp. Tax Number from CRA. Is this the same as a Temp. SIN? Can I apply for a job? I didn't think I could but just trying to put to rest a disagreement.

I hope to hear about some Decembers getting approval! Share your good news with us.

TeresaLynn

Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 18, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 07, 2011
AOR Received.
April 12, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
February 17, 2012
Hi everyone. I am still waiting o second stage approval . It been 7 months since AIP...
So frustrating! We call Friday and they told us if we haven't heard anything by February call. Them back...REALLY!!!! Anyways I had to vent. Gigi, call CIC I think there is some paperwork you can get, not for sire about that I heard something before. Jurjen if my spouse had an owp and he is from a visa exempt country can he leave and come back?

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Hey everyone. Just finally getting a chance to sit down since like 8 this morning. Lol. Thank you for all the good luck wishes. I love the place I work. All the staff and customers are nice. I do have a lot to learn but I hope they will continue to be patient with me. The effort is so worth it. I love it. The only thing I hated were my feet, lol. I just got back from buying a new pair of shoes just because the ones I had today gave me blisters. Ouch! It feels so nice to be working there. I hope that they will continue to like me and keep me. I could see myself being happy working here for a good while. :D

I hope you all can find a job like this that makes you feel welcome and like family. It makes it that much easier to feel like you belong and to adapt to the workforce. Can't wait though to get the handle of everything just because I can't wait until I don't have to ask so many questions for everything I do. I work for a local cafe where everything is EXTREMELY fresh and homemade so I have a lot of speciality drinks I need to learn to make. Might have to make myself a homemade test just to learn it all. Lol. After 3 years of not working, this was the best first day on the job I have ever had. As I said I just hope I can continue to stay here. All the waiting finally feels like everything is piecing together well. As they say, "good things come to those who wait" and so far *knock on wood* that has stayed true for me. As I know it will for all of you too.

I may not get a chart update out Tuesday or Wednesday but I will try and get to it this weekend. I hope you all have a lovely week.
Remember, stay strong! :-*

borrowdale

Sep 17, 2011
justina said:
Normally the landing interview takes a couple of months to be scheduled. I base this statement on others' experiences within this thread. The Calgary office may send you a letter, an email, or call you. I don't know. There doesn't seem to be a set procedure.

If they have approved everything and stated you will have a landing interview, then you should be just fine with your expired medical. If it wasn't okay, they would have sent you instructions to do another one.

Your spouse won't be away for months, will she? She should be able to attend. Some people have rescheduled their landing interviews in order for their spouse to attend (work commitments, etc.). I had to be there for my husband's landing. If the letter says your spouse has to be there, then your spouse has to be there.

Maybe someone else can help you with a contact number for the Calgary office, but for now, it looks like you will have to wait for them to contact you for the landing date, and then you will know if you will need to reschedule for your spouse to attend.

Edit: It wouldn't hurt to call the Call Centre once or twice to find out the average wait time for landing interviews for the Calgary office. While the answers are not consistent, at least they can give you a general idea of how long others are waiting.
hey thanks again, i called cic and they gave me a fax for the calgary office, so put a letter together and faxed them. thanks for the advice!

TeresaLynn

Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 18, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 07, 2011
AOR Received.
April 12, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
February 17, 2012
I went into my local Vic office to drop off an representative form. The lady told me they had a glitch with the background checks in the summer and they had re-request the security checks. She also told me the last time so.eone work our file was October 12. That is exactly 6 months to the day we got AIP. She told me they are waiting on the background checks. I know other people share my timeline and are still waiting. I hope this helps.

Corrine

Jan 31, 2011
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/11/2010 Started Processing Jan 10,2011
AOR Received.
AIP Oct 26,2011
Med's Done....
22/10/2010
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made Nov 15,2011
LANDED..........
Dec 12,2011 Landed Etobicoke
Oh man, this immigration stuff is so frustrating. So I got our AIP letters today and open work permit. It states that we have to resubmit new medicals. This is going to add months on to the application and final descision. I do not know why they do not ask you to submit the medicals later or extend the validity of the medical exams. This will be my husband 3rd immigration medical! Congratulations to all those who got 1st and 2nd stage approval.