Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
themount, I would also like to know when the additional documents were received at Vegreville and when they were added?

twchu, keep us posted on how long it takes for Scarborough to mail you a letter with your landing date on it.

LY, are you going to do the charts until the last person is done? What about when people get PR in 2011 that have been waiting from 2010? Can we also get a chart update when you get a chance?

twchu

Star Member
Feb 4, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Nov-2010
Doc's Request.
20-Apr-2011
AOR Received.
27-10-2011
Med's Done....
08-Mar-2011
LANDED..........
07-Mar-2011
angtao said:
twchu, keep us posted on how long it takes for Scarborough to mail you a letter with your landing date on it.
Hey angtao,

Yup. Will keep u guys posted on the timeline of my landing. Eventho i doubt i will receive anything from them in the meantime.. Probably 1-2 mths later i guess...

borrowdale

Sep 17, 2011
californiajeninca said:
Thanks Tozo and Twchu.

I thought that it might be wrong. We just don't have that kind of money to pay $490x2. I'm going to try and call CIC on Monday and hopefully I'll get my 2 letters on Mon. I want to go apply for my OHIP soon.!
hey man, congrads on the interview letter. now i have a question, does the letter state that u have to bring your spouse? like how important is this?? coz mine is visiting family out of province and im afraid ahe might not make it on time if say i get a call or a letter stating i need to be at the landing interview in like 3 days time or something. can u jus carry yo spouses ids? how does this whole finishing process work?

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abisehiyo said:
Hey guys, I received the extension permit I applied last June 2011 in the mail today. Date signed Oct 24,2011.
It says in the
REMARKS:
Temporary Resident Status maintained as per R183.
Application for Permanent Resident Status has received initial approval.
Passport valid until XX-XX-XXXX. PAN-C*

Does this mean we got AIP already last Oct 24th? ECAS didn't change yet. Exactly 11 month on Monday, Nov 6th.
congrats, abisehiyo you got first stage approval (AIP) just relax and wait for approval letters in the mail soon.....As for Ecas its takes 2-3 days to update .great news enjoy your weekend

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadiancitizen said:
You are so lucky.. Tozo, you got approved 2 times!!! ;D
hahahaha ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D canadiancitizen,this info is on the website of cic .......take care and enjoy your weekend.

@ shantese.....when in AUGUST did you send you requested info and its has been attached .thanks

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
News Release – Government of Canada to cut backlog and wait times for family reunification – Phase I of Action Plan for Faster Family Reunification

Ottawa, November 4, 2011 — The Government of Canada is taking immediate action to cut the backlog and wait times for sponsored parents and grandparents, Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Minister Jason Kenney announced today.

Currently, more than 165,000 parents and grandparents who have applied to become permanent residents of Canada are still waiting for a final decision. Each year, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) receives applications for sponsorship of nearly 38,000 parents and grandparents, a number that will only continue to expand if no action is taken.

"“Wait times for Family Class sponsorship applications for parents and grandparents now exceed seven years, and without taking action, those times will continue to grow, and that is unacceptable,”" said Minister Kenney. "“Action must be taken to cut the backlog, reduce the wait times, and ensure that the parents and grandparents program is sustainable over the long run.”"sponsored parents and grandparents Canada will admit next year, from nearly 15,500 in 2010 to 25,000 in 2012 – the highest level in nearly two decades.

Second – The government is introducing the new "“Parent and Grandparent Super Visa,”" which will be valid for up to 10 years. The multiple-entry visa will allow an applicant to remain in Canada for up to 24 months at a time without the need for renewal of their status. The Parent and Grandparent Super Visa will come into effect on December 1, 2011, and CIC will be able to issue the visas, on average, within eight weeks of the application. This means that instead of waiting for eight years, a parent or a grandparent can come to Canada within eight weeks. Parent and Grandparent Super Visa applicants will be required to obtain private Canadian health-care insurance for their stay in Canada.

Third – The government will consult Canadians on how to redesign the parents and grandparents program to ensure that it is sustainable in the future. The redesigned program must avoid future large backlogs and be sensitive to fiscal constraints.

Fourth – To prevent the build-up of an unmanageable number of new applications during these consultations and to further reduce the 165,000-strong backlog of parent and grandparent applicants, CIC is putting in place a temporary pause of up to 24 months on the acceptance of new sponsorship applications for parents and grandparents. The pause comes into effect on November 5, 2011.

"“The Government of Canada is fully committed to helping families reunite,”" said Minister Kenney. "“We recognize that what parents and grandparents want most is to be able to spend time with their families.”"

"“If we do not take real action now, the large and growing backlog in the parents and grandparents program will lead to completely unmanageable wait times. Through this balanced series of measures, we will be able to dramatically reduce the backlog and wait times, while the new Parent and Grandparent Super Visa will allow more family members to pay extended visits to their loved ones,”" added the Minister. "“We anticipate that in about two years, following our consultations, Phase II of our Action Plan for Faster Family Reunification will come into effect, ensuring that future applicants are processed quickly and that the program can operate on an efficient and sustainable basis.”"

For further information (media only), please contact:

Candice Malcolm
Minister's Office
Citizenship and Immigration Canada

CIC Media Relations
Communications Branch
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
613-952-1650
CIC-Media-Relations@cic.gc.ca

Building a stronger Canada: Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) strengthens Canada’s economic, social and cultural prosperity, helping ensure Canadian safety and security while managing one of the largest and most generous immigration programs in the world.

gigi1612

Nov 9, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2009
Doc's Request.
08-04-2011 Police Clearence
File Transfer...
29-10-2009
Med's Request
16-11-2010
Med's Done....
24-03-2011
Interview........
12-04-2011 AIP
LANDED..........
18-09-2012
CEC said:
I called CIC last Friday and I was told they are waiting on the RCMP and CISI background checks.

I told the agent it makes no sense coz we have been hearing the same story since April.

I asked if I can call RCMP and CSIS to know what's going on and the agent said he doesn't know if they will answer me.

I might call to see what's up.

edit: I tried to call CSIS but I could not get a hold of anybody.
I'm in the same boat They keep telling me the same story since april. I have ordered my second FOSS notes and I'm expecting to get them next week. I will keep you pos it.

Good luck and a lot of patience. We're almost there! ;)

shantese

Star Member
Sep 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
Med's Request
july 29 2012/medical results august 21,2012
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
08-06-2010 AIP
VISA ISSUED...
decision made april 15,2013
LANDED..........
May 6,2013
tozo said:
hahahaha ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D canadiancitizen,this info is on the website of cic .......take care and enjoy your weekend.

@ shantese.....when in AUGUST did you send you requested info and its has been attached .thanks
delievered august 26 tozo

justina

Star Member
Jun 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2009
File Transfer...
03-2010 to local office
LANDED..........
12-08-2011
borrowdale said:
hey man, congrads on the interview letter. now i have a question, does the letter state that u have to bring your spouse? like how important is this?? coz mine is visiting family out of province and im afraid ahe might not make it on time if say i get a call or a letter stating i need to be at the landing interview in like 3 days time or something. can u jus carry yo spouses ids? how does this whole finishing process work?
You said in one of the three posts about this topic that you received 2 letters. What kind of letters?

Normally you will receive a letter with the landing date, which seems to usually be a couple of months in the future. Your spouse is usually required to attend and show identification. If the landing fee wasn't paid, you will bring that plus photos. Your letter will give you all the specifics. You will be asked some questions at the landing interview and will then get your Certificate of Permanent Residence.

However, if your medical is about to expire, it is possible that they could call and you would land within a day or two. That is what happened for us. Hubby got a call and landed two days later. I was required to be there. We never got a letter.

Hope that answers all your questions

californiajeninca

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
borrowdale said:
Hi borrowdale,
Thank you. I'm really happy that my interview letter came through. Did you receive a letter for an interview? As Justina asks, which letters did you get? If it doesn't say "An appointment concerning your p.r. in canada has been scheduled." Underneath should say: Date, time, where. If it doesn't say this then, you probably have your approval letters.

The last line on my letter says "All applicants in your family must attend this interview." I suppose this mean, since my husband applied to be my sponser and I am the one being sponsered, that must mean, both of us are required to attend the interview. So that means your spouse MUST attend. If your spouse is not available to attend your date, I would call or if someone is calling to sched. an interview I would explain to them. They aren't going to tell you, "OH you can't land now." I'm sure they will work with you to help make landing convenient for you. Your landing letter should state all the items you need to bring with you and how much to pay.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shantese said:
delievered august 26 tozo
thanks shantese,they received my requested info which was delivered august 19,but still not showing on my ECAS .

shantese

Star Member
Sep 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
Med's Request
july 29 2012/medical results august 21,2012
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
08-06-2010 AIP
VISA ISSUED...
decision made april 15,2013
LANDED..........
May 6,2013
tozo said:
thanks shantese,they received my requested info which was delivered august 19,but still not showing on my ECAS .
no probs tozo when you called did they tell you it was recieved or did you track it?

pptk703

Star Member
Dec 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
twchu said:
Hey angtao,

Yup. Will keep u guys posted on the timeline of my landing. Eventho i doubt i will receive anything from them in the meantime.. Probably 1-2 mths later i guess...
Call centre agent told me that delay at Scarborough office is 2-3 months. I got decision made in mid September, haven't got the 3rd letter yet.

twchu

Star Member
Feb 4, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Nov-2010
Doc's Request.
20-Apr-2011
AOR Received.
27-10-2011
Med's Done....
08-Mar-2011
LANDED..........
07-Mar-2011
pptk703 said:
Call centre agent told me that delay at Scarborough office is 2-3 months. I got decision made in mid September, haven't got the 3rd letter yet.
Yeah..i heard the same info from the CIC agent too..about 3 months.. Just secretly hoping it will be earlier than later. At least i have OWP for now and can look for a job.. Otherwise, i guess i am still stuck in canada since OWP doesnt authorize a re-entry... Hoping the 3rd letter would come soon but i am not too worried since i already expect that it will take some time before i land..Just a matter of time.. ;)

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shantese said:
no probs tozo when you called did they tell you it was recieved or did you track it?
yeah i know,i call them and they said its not attached yet but if i track it and they have received it then no case to worry about.i am hope they attached it as quickly as possible.