AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
Congrats Janadian./.. I am really happy for you.. :)

canamconnect

Star Member
Jan 7, 2011
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Love_Young said:
You still need to include the Restoration application with the OWP application and PR app. You need to know that being approved for AIP does not give you back legal status. It only gives those in legal status the ability to change their conditions to a work or study permit. In order to be able to get the legal status back and be issued the work permit, you need to include the restoration application in there. If you don't you could end up in a very worse situation. Trust me, I have seen it happen. Just remember to write on top of both the OWP and Restoration app not to process until approval in principle.
Thank you Love! This whole process can be confusing at times! LOL. Does anyone know where I get the restoration of status form?

Jan 12, 2011
Inland Applications- work permit

Hi :)
Im new to this website but have a couple of things I hope someone can help me with!
We are about to submit our common law/PR application (my boyfriend is Canadian) and I see that if you apply from within Canada processing time is around 9 months. I cant afford to be without work for this long, can I apply for a work permit for while this is processing? And if yes, at what stage in the application can I apply for the work permit? Or even, can I submit my work permit application with my PR application?
One more thing, we have proof of our relationship for the last 2 years but have spent some of this time apart for school and work, the last 12 months have been pretty solid but we spent 3 months working in the bush where we didnt have a residential address, although my company can confirm this. How tight are they on making sure you have lived together for 12months under one roof?
Any information will be greatly appreciated!
And good luck to everyone- what a long tedious process!!
Cheers, Charlie. 8)

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
Re: Inland Applications- work permit

charlie_uk1986 said:
Im new to this website but have a couple of things I hope someone can help me with!
We are about to submit our common law/PR application (my boyfriend is Canadian) and I see that if you apply from within Canada processing time is around 9 months. I cant afford to be without work for this long, can I apply for a work permit for while this is processing? And if yes, at what stage in the application can I apply for the work permit? Or even, can I submit my work permit application with my PR application?
One more thing, we have proof of our relationship for the last 2 years but have spent some of this time apart for school and work, the last 12 months have been pretty solid but we spent 3 months working in the bush where we didnt have a residential address, although my company can confirm this. How tight are they on making sure you have lived together for 12months under one roof?
Cheers, Charlie. 8)

u can apply for work permit but they will issue it only with AIP, that is after 9 months..
meanwhile u can look for a job and company which would like to sponsor u..

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
Congrats Janadian and Kris!!!! *hugssss* ;)

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
6 months ago today since I sent our package off in the mail. :eek:
Please let these next few months reveal a positive answer at the end and calming. I think in the past couple of days it has finally hit me that "OMG I might be moving to another country". I know how silly that sounds and it should have hit me sooner but it just now did because it is finally getting so close. Ahh....I don't know how I am going to survive this. Maybe I should admit myself to the loonie bin. Lol. I am definitely going to need all of your strength to get through this. I can't do it without you.

And I just realized if they were still processing the apps in 6 months I could be done by now...how depressing. :(

Teriskier

Star Member
Jun 22, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2010
Med's Done....
14-06-2010
I am sure many of you have gone through this...but I had one of those nights last night where I couldn't sleep and all I was doing was thinking about immigration! I really wish I knew what was going on, it is so frustrating! And I know that I am lucky because I am here as a student and have an on campus job and keep myself busy in between but it is still annoying waiting. I am just about at the half way point (4 months sine the application was sent) I really hope the next 5 months fly buy and that timeline doesn't get any slower!

Even more frustrating I am applying in Quebec which means I will also have to get approval from the MICC but I hope they can issue AIP before that because if not it will tack at least another month or two onto the process.

I hope everyone has a great day!

kiwikris

Oct 23, 2010
Ottawa, On
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville and Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
25-10-10
Med's Done....
18-09-2009
LANDED..........
08 Sep 2011
Re: Inland Applications- work permit

charlie_uk1986 said:
Cheers, Charlie. 8)
Hi Charlie,

Total processing time inland Canada is approx 18 months. Are you from the UK? You may be able to get a work visa before you start your PR application and then you could apply for PR then you could still work but that depends if you are eligible for that. I applied for a 1 year visa and then when it ran out I was on implied status(can still work but not covered by OHIP in Ontario) until I got my OWP( which by the way you must send in with PR aplication so you receive AIP and OWP at the same time- if not you have to apply once you get AIP and this can take up another month)
Another option is to apply outland as that seems to be a faster option depending on which country you are from, you may have PR in 4-5 months! You wouldn't be able to work in Canada(unless you had a work visa though home country) but you could visit. Otherwise maybe stay working in your home country till you get PR. Also it can be harder to visit if you need a TVR as you need to show proof that you will leave.

Can you show you supported each other financially during the time you were apart? To apply for common-law you sign a decleration you have been living together for at least a year. If you have not lived together for 12 months you maybe have to apply through the conjugal partner selection??? Even if you were in the bush you were still together so I would say that counts towards your 12 months but I am unsure, maybe check with an immigration laywer? Include as much information as you can and letters supporting you.

Hope this helps :)

Good luck and yes the process can be looooong!

kiwikris

Oct 23, 2010
Ottawa, On
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville and Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
25-10-10
Med's Done....
18-09-2009
LANDED..........
08 Sep 2011
Thanks Asta! :)

Hi Love_Young, I so know how you feel! Tuesday next week will be my one year anniversary for my application being received and I remember when I sent it in the online page said 5 months for first stage approval!!! I was gutted each time it never updated and then it took 9 months for first stage!!! I don't know if it will go back to 5 months but I do hope it gets faster for you. You definitely do not belong in the loonie bin...or maybe we all do hahahaha.
It is great getting AIP then you can work, but it also sux having to wait again for second stage and there is no date to watch for you just can't contact them for 9 months! Well you can but they tell you the same thing each time.

Anyhoo it feels better to complain a little then we can look at what we have and be happy that we are with our loved one and there is nowhere else we would rather be! Knowing that this will be worth all the emotions that you go through in the end and focus on spending special time together. Once you get AIP and are working you may not have as much time together so enjoy the time you have now :)

Teriskier- Yes it is frustrating waiting even if you can work, you still have to wait which is the big pain of it all! I hope the process goes fast for you and you don't have any issues with MICC! Good luck!

Sending out some good vibes to you all today, lets hope we all hear something soon. ;D

coldgirl

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
vergeville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Med's Done....
29-10-2010
I was reading the other forum and someone applied on April 12, 2010 got their AIP on January 10th. Nice to know that they are still working on apps even though the website hasn't been updated. :)

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They have slowed down a bit : Working on applications received on April 9, 2010

babel

Nov 11, 2010
hi guys i am writing on this thread for the first time i have sent my application on december 13 2010 and it was received on dec16th ... my question to you guys is that in terms of the police certificate i have attached the one from back home ( pakistan ) because i am an international student here in canada,, well i wanted to know wether i have to attach a police certificate from canada as well

canda

Star Member
Sep 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 21 2010
Doc's Request.
Requested constancia Feb 16th 2011
AOR Received.
February 2 2011
File Transfer...
November 19 2010
Med's Request
they have our meds
Med's Done....
October 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
march 8 2011
LANDED..........
March 13 2011
Love_Young said:
How long do you think it is taking for them to start processing?

Also, I have a quick question! Did you include "Use of a Representative" form with your application? I didn't because it didn't apply to me and on the checklist it said "if applicable". I guess I am just hoping it won't be returned because if it is, I will be out of status since my status expires on July 31, 2010.
I didn't include that either because we did it on our own. I wouldn't worry about that.

pamzzella

Oct 18, 2010
Hi, I applied inland as well from Quebec and thought you apply to MICC for CSQ after receiving AIP??? I could be wrong but that's my understanding of the order of things. I applied in September too, lucky you have school and work to keep you busy...the waiting is driving me INSANE!!!