Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
absentgodot said:
Thanks so much Love_Young. My husband is constantly telling me the same thing. He's the kinda guy that doesn't bother worrying about anything until it becomes a real problem, in which case he still doesn't worry he just fixes it, LOL. Both our husbands are so right!
I just like to be in control of or at least be aware of the status of a situation though, so it's tough for me to just sit back and wait!
Alright I'm signing off the forum and not checking eCas or anything else CIC related for a few days.
Thanks again for the words of support. Soooo much appreciated!! :)
You're welcome absentgodot! :-* Yes, very same for my hubby and they are right. Right after I got my AIP approved hubby didn't stop saying "I told ya so" for at least a full 5 minutes. Lol. He was not going to let me forget it. I too, like to be in control of the situations in my life and had such a hard time handing it over for someone but they got us and understood us. Now here we are moving through to our future and no more CIC needed for a couple more years. Anytime you need support just write here or send me a PM, I'll be here and so will everyone else. ;)

jhjeppe

Star Member
Jun 29, 2011
The Pas, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 August 2009
Doc's Request.
31 January 2010
AOR Received.
14 June 2010
Med's Request
5 October 2010
Med's Done....
12 October 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
5 October 2011
LANDED..........
20 May 2012
Does anyone have an idea why CIC have not yet updated their processing times this week?

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
jhjeppe said:
Does anyone have an idea why CIC have not yet updated their processing times this week?
Vacation. Sad truth of it. They are already low on staff but like any one else, they go on vacation and most of the time in August. You always see the biggest slow down around August/September and then again after the Christmas holidays.

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
pptk, I would not apply for an open work permit now. You are so close to them making a decision. It would be a waste.

Question, if you did not apply for the WP and then you get approved for both stages, what do you take to service canada so they can give you a temporary SIN?

Also, for the people that are waiting for the update. A few weeks ago they updated it on Thursday but used Wednesday's date. We will probably see the change tomorrow.

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jhjeppe said:
jhjeppe, i have no idea whats is going on...maybe they are still on vacation. :( :( :(

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
angtao said:
pptk, I would not apply for an open work permit now. You are so close to them making a decision. It would be a waste.

Question, if you did not apply for the WP and then you get approved for both stages, what do you take to service canada so they can give you a temporary SIN?

Also, for the people that are waiting for the update. A few weeks ago they updated it on Thursday but used Wednesday's date. We will probably see the change tomorrow.
yeah angtao ....you are right they did that same update some time ago using Wednesday date but updated on Thursday......all said and done we are still waiting

pepe261

Star Member
Apr 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2010
Interview........
1-Dic-2011
tozo said:
yeah angtao ....you are right they did that same update some time ago using Wednesday date but updated on Thursday......all said and done we are still waiting
Seriously I can't belive it!! if is not vacations is something else... CIC don't care about our lifes.... I am so mad!

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
pepe261 said:
Seriously I can't belive it!! if is not vacations is something else... CIC don't care about our lifes.... I am so mad!
It is vacation pepe! Same thing happened to us last year.

angtao said:

You can't get a temporary SIN without an OWP.

santacruzan

Star Member
Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
vergeville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
may 20
Doc's Request.
dec 7' 2010
AOR Received.
July 05, 2011
Med's Request
march 2010
Med's Done....
August 3 2011
how are u guys ,,, congrats those who got thier AIP AND PR too...ive been away for a couple of months just frustrating a bit, waited for almost 1 and half month to get a sched to redo my med ... thats life if you live in north.

justina

Star Member
Jun 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2009
File Transfer...
03-2010 to local office
LANDED..........
12-08-2011
angtao said:
If you are approved for both stages, and did not apply for or were still waiting for approval of an OWP, you must wait until you receive the actual PR card and can apply for your permanent SIN. They will not allow you to apply for a temporary one, or to apply for the permanent one with the COPR.

Rather frustrating!!

whiteapple

Star Member
Jun 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
even if i've landed exactly 1 month ago, i can't help but continue reading this forum. thank you to everyone who's taking their time to help others...

[size=10pt]love_young thank you for making the chart!!! :) :) :)

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
whiteapple said:
even if i've landed exactly 1 month ago, i can't help but continue reading this forum. thank you to everyone who's taking their time to help others...
[size=10pt]love_young thank you for making the chart!!! :) :) :)
I can't help it either. ;D I can't believe it will be almost 3 months (Sept 1) that I have been a PR. The PR life goes fast. Lol. Congrats on your 1 month on being a PR. My one month happened to fall on Canada Day which was pretty awesome. :p

You are welcome for the chart. I wish I was able to be more frequent with it thought. I will keep trying.

justina said:
If you are approved for both stages, and did not apply for or were still waiting for approval of an OWP, you must wait until you receive the actual PR card and can apply for your permanent SIN. They will not allow you to apply for a temporary one, or to apply for the permanent one with the COPR.

Rather frustrating!!
Yeah it sure is. I know for myself as this what I had to do. I got my OWP the afternoon before landing and by the time I got it, I couldn't get out to get a temporary SIN that day then I landed early that morning. Later I went to get a SIN and learned the hard way around. But now I have my number and just waiting on the card to come in the mail. Which seems to feel a lot longer than my PR card. Lol. I know I don't need it but it would just be nice to have that final piece in my hand.

pptk703

Star Member
Dec 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks everyone for the response about my OWP issue. I was going to send the application this morning, however, I thought about everyone's comments and called CIC again just to confirm my decision, this time the agent told me NOT to send the OWP application, he said it will get rejected since I didn't apply for one initially. When I told him 2 agents told me I can send one in now and write "attach to the APR" then the application will get processed and I'll receive OWP at AIP, he said it's impossible. :eek: Really, the experience of speaking with CIC agents are just frustrating, I called 5 times in 2 days and got different answers each time..

At the end, I decided not to send the OWP application and am getting $150 refund back. As most people said, it will take only 2 weeks until my AIP and possibly both stages approved, I might as well wait for it. I've decided that if I don't get 2nd stage approval by the end of October then I'll submit an OWP application so I can start working in 2012.

Again, I am grateful for everyone's input. Now let's hope for the best.

pepe261

Star Member
Apr 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2010
Interview........
1-Dic-2011
Has anybody tried to call CIC to know what happened with the update? has anybody received good news with their application?

Cheers

Pepe

AnnaLin

Aug 18, 2011
pepe261 said:
Has anybody tried to call CIC to know what happened with the update? has anybody received good news with their application?

Cheers

Pepe
I have been refreshing the page since this morning in Toronto.
Disappointed.