Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 12, 2010
Doc's Request.
May 9, 2011
AOR Received.
Sept 20, 2010 started processing
Just an update- I've heard nothing! I provided a certified copy of the final divorce order and not a certificate of divorce and that was requested about when I should have heard back with AIP. I sent in the certified copy and it should have been recieved May 10th. The agent told me they had recieved it and had not put it in the computer yet. I kinda whined (cause wouldn't you!?) that it was fairly far past the on-line processing date for me and he reminded me that those dates are for "complete" applications. I'm just annoyed- my file is pretty damn complete and they don't specify a certificate of divorce, they just say proof of the divorce, which I did provide. It just seems like they could have gone ahead and given me my AIP and asked for the certificate before giving me landing. They couldn't give me a time frame for how long it would take to complete my file and I'm now in a really nebulous waiting zone. FRUSTRATED!!! sorry, had to vent.

komar

Star Member
Dec 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2010
Med's Request
12-03-2011
Med's Done....
01-04-2011
LANDED..........
21-06-2011
oceans_end said:
I submited my application Mar, 2010, they started processing June 2010, received AIP Jan 2011, then 1st week of may I received a form to "update information", previous work history, address history, clubs I belong to, Did I receive this because its the last step after they got my certificate and looked through my file, or does receiving this form simply mean its taking so almost a year and they want to see if anything changed (still reviewing my application?)
Thats pretty surprising. As far as I know, ppl usually get an info update request before AIP, not 5 months AFTER it!

Anyway lets hope that thats the last step towards final decision on you application.

Try calling the helpline and check whats going on. Ask if there is a bring forward date on your file to know when the IO will have a look at it again. Dont be surprised if the rep try to laugh you off. Some of them have no idea what it is or where to find it. You might have to call more than once.

komar

Star Member
Dec 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2010
Med's Request
12-03-2011
Med's Done....
01-04-2011
LANDED..........
21-06-2011
smishsmash said:
Just an update- I've heard nothing! I provided a certified copy of the final divorce order and not a certificate of divorce and that was requested about when I should have heard back with AIP. I sent in the certified copy and it should have been recieved May 10th. The agent told me they had recieved it and had not put it in the computer yet. I kinda whined (cause wouldn't you!?) that it was fairly far past the on-line processing date for me and he reminded me that those dates are for "complete" applications. I'm just annoyed- my file is pretty damn complete and they don't specify a certificate of divorce, they just say proof of the divorce, which I did provide. It just seems like they could have gone ahead and given me my AIP and asked for the certificate before giving me landing. They couldn't give me a time frame for how long it would take to complete my file and I'm now in a really nebulous waiting zone. FRUSTRATED!!! sorry, had to vent.
Call the helpline again and ask them if there is a bring forward date on your file. As I said in my previous post, you might have to call more than once, as some of them dont know what it is.

smishsmash

Apr 3, 2011
Victoria, BC
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 12, 2010
Doc's Request.
May 9, 2011
AOR Received.
Sept 20, 2010 started processing
komar said:
Call the helpline again and ask them if there is a bring forward date on your file. As I said in my previous post, you might have to call more than once, as some of them dont know what it is.
awesome thanks. Will do. It makes a huge difference who you talk to- some helpful, some horribly insensitive and incorrect.

AJITROSHAN

Jun 3, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
JULY / 13 / 2011
komar which is you are local cic office?

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
komar said:
:eek: :-\ Its June21. I got to get my head examined :)
Well now I am getting confused because I asked that before and then you said July 21st! ::)

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Can anyone answer this question?

I live in Toronto and I was just wondering how will I know which office my husband will be landing in when he does land which is still very far away. I was just curious. Would it be Scarborough or Etobicoke?

ditta

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-10
Med's Done....
20-06-10
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
02-06-11
L_Y, an update on the SIN story. I`m pretty mad at this point. I went to Service Canada yesterday and as we predicted, they will not give me a permanent SIN without the visa counterfoil, which is never given if you have an inland appl. I discovered that I did get a stamp in my passport but did not help my case, nor that I had already a temporary number. Lady at the desk was kinda ignorant and said CIC should figure this out... :eek:
So I called CRA today whether I could get an interim number for that few weeks till my PR card arrives. I have to call them back tomorrow and talk to a supervisor about this, because my problem has a little twist. My temp SIN expired and could not get it renewed as my new WP got lost in the mail, but I was using this number from Dec 2010 till now, while I was working. They said it is fine but I should not use that from now on.
I am so frustrated at this point because I cannot believe CIC and Service Canada can`t co-operate and accomodate our needs. Those who were visitors do not want to wait another 8 weeks for the card to be able to look for jobs or those who were working cannot tell their boss that we will see you in 8 weeks. This is just insane.
What should I tell my boss if it turns out that I can`t work for the next 2 months? :eek: I`m sure he will be over the moon...At least it was good to take a week of vacation so I can figure what to do.

Those who already landed, would you leave me a comment here whether you get your SIN on the same day of landing, if yes where did you land and were CIC and Service Canada at the same building? I appreciate any feedbacks..

ardmac

Oct 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/08/10
Med's Done....
17/06/10
Hey everyone,

Just want to give you an update - I received the AIP and OWP letters today!!! Very excited to see 2 brown envelopes in the mail :) Only problem is they are delaying my second stage approval as they have requested a digital set of fingerprints. Slight problem with this request is where I live (4hrs from Vancouver) no one offers this service so I will call CIC tomorrow to see what options I have and how I need to get the prints to them.
Has anyone had this request before and do I just use the vegreville address (where we sent the application) to send the information. The are also requesting my FOSS number - can anyone shed some light on where I find that.

Thanks

perrinsa

Oct 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2010
Med's Done....
22-03-2010
Interview........
27-06-2011
Another update here on the west coast. I heard from CIC Vancouver today and will have my landing interview on June 27...

On a side note, June 27 is also Canadian Multiculturalism Day - rather appropriate I think :D

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
angtao said:
Can anyone answer this question?

I live in Toronto and I was just wondering how will I know which office my husband will be landing in when he does land which is still very far away. I was just curious. Would it be Scarborough or Etobicoke?
Not sure but I would say Etobicoke. Don't take my word for it but it does seem like many people that are applying from Toronto land at Etobicoke.

ditta said:
L_Y, an update on the SIN story. I`m pretty mad at this point. I went to Service Canada yesterday and as we predicted, they will not give me a permanent SIN without the visa counterfoil, which is never given if you have an inland appl. I discovered that I did get a stamp in my passport but did not help my case, nor that I had already a temporary number. Lady at the desk was kinda ignorant and said CIC should figure this out... :eek:
So I called CRA today whether I could get an interim number for that few weeks till my PR card arrives. I have to call them back tomorrow and talk to a supervisor about this, because my problem has a little twist. My temp SIN expired and could not get it renewed as my new WP got lost in the mail, but I was using this number from Dec 2010 till now, while I was working. They said it is fine but I should not use that from now on.
I am so frustrated at this point because I cannot believe CIC and Service Canada can`t co-operate and accomodate our needs. Those who were visitors do not want to wait another 8 weeks for the card to be able to look for jobs or those who were working cannot tell their boss that we will see you in 8 weeks. This is just insane.
What should I tell my boss if it turns out that I can`t work for the next 2 months? :eek: I`m sure he will be over the moon...At least it was good to take a week of vacation so I can figure what to do.

Those who already landed, would you leave me a comment here whether you get your SIN on the same day of landing, if yes where did you land and were CIC and Service Canada at the same building? I appreciate any feedbacks..
Ah ditta, this stinks for both of us. :( Good news, I am one week closer to getting it so 6 or 7 more weeks for both of us.
Hopefully your boss will be understanding giving the circumstances. Let me know if you hear or find out anything more. One thing I am still wondering on is why I didn't get a stamp. What does it say? I was looking forward to having it for prosperity reasons. :D

ardmac said:
Hey everyone,

Just want to give you an update - I received the AIP and OWP letters today!!! Very excited to see 2 brown envelopes in the mail :) Only problem is they are delaying my second stage approval as they have requested a digital set of fingerprints. Slight problem with this request is where I live (4hrs from Vancouver) no one offers this service so I will call CIC tomorrow to see what options I have and how I need to get the prints to them.
Has anyone had this request before and do I just use the vegreville address (where we sent the application) to send the information. The are also requesting my FOSS number - can anyone shed some light on where I find that.

Thanks
Congratulations on finally getting the AIP letter and OWP. Sorry that you didn't second stage yet. Did they request your prints from a specific country or is it RCMP?

perrinsa said:
Another update here on the west coast. I heard from CIC Vancouver today and will have my landing interview on June 27...

On a side note, June 27 is also Canadian Multiculturalism Day - rather appropriate I think :D
Woohoo, congratulations! That is wonderful news and what a wonderful day too. Thanks for sharing and I am looking forward to your landing story. :)

suenim

Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
NONE
LANDED..........
April 2011
Angtao, it depends on where in Toronto you live. I live in Scarborough basically 10 mins away from the office and landed there. I guess if you live further out west it will be Etobicoke. I'm not sure if they still do landings at the St. Clair office but that would be ideal for people who live closer to downtown. I know my relatives landed there years ago. Ditta. I am sorry to hear about the SIN situation. When I landed, I got my SIN on the same day. About 50 of us landed together because of how busy that office is. We were then led to the waiting room again where we were each called to another room to apply for the SIN. The lady said if we didn't do it that day then we would have to apply after we got the PR card. Hope you really don't have to wait the 8 weeks especially since you already had a 9 card. I had one too and they just took and gave me the new one. Not everyone who landed with me had a 9 SIN before and got their first ones the same day they landed.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
I wish so badly suenim that my local office was like yours but ours is so tiny. I wish she would have least told me when she called. Hmm...still upset with it. But if ditta can't even find a way then I definitely can't. No choice but to wait. Good news being that it is one less week already that I have to wait. ;)

ardmac

Oct 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/08/10
Med's Done....
17/06/10
Congratulations on finally getting the AIP letter and OWP. Sorry that you didn't second stage yet. Did they request your prints from a specific country or is it RCMP?

- Just RCMP LY

kiwikris

Oct 23, 2010
Ottawa, On
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville and Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
25-10-10
Med's Done....
18-09-2009
LANDED..........
08 Sep 2011
ditta said:

This is not really in the same ballpark but when my work visa expired along with my SIN before I got AIP I was on implied status and could still work. I don't see any reason why you can't keep working just because SIN is expired. I did. Then just get the new one to show your work when you get your PR card.