Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
lovely20 said:
Maybe they are processing until August. 8, 2010 already that's why it's taking time to update the site. Hahaha, wishful thinking!!!
Haha well you might not be far off since someone from July 23rd already got AIP (which still blows my mind completely).
Do you feel like they keep being later and later with these updates? Maybe it is just because I am so anxiously waiting though.
I was hoping it would have already been updated when I woke up.

lovely20

Mar 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2010
Love_Young said:
Haha well you might not be far off since someone from July 23rd already got AIP (which still blows my mind completely).
Do you feel like they keep being later and later with these updates? Maybe it is just because I am so anxiously waiting though.
It's not just you imagining things. They keep being later and later. I remember in January I will see an update by 10 am my local time and now it's almost 2pm and none yet. I saw that July 23 with AIP and there's also someone who sent their July 15 and got AIP May 9th!

pepe261

Star Member
Apr 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2010
Interview........
1-Dic-2011
Love_Young said:
Hi LY,

Did you call today?

Pepe

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
lovely20 said:
It's not just you imagining things. They keep being later and later. I remember in January I will see an update by 10 am my local time and now it's almost 2pm and none yet. I saw that July 23 with AIP and there's also someone who sent their July 15 and got AIP May 9th!
Actually are you reading it right lovely20? The person whom applied July 25th (at least in this thread anyway) was requested an extra document on May 9th but is still waiting. It is a shame they keep getting slower and slower with the update though.

pepe261 said:
Hi LY,

Did you call today?

Pepe
I over slept today and the CIC site says the hotline is only open from 8 am to 4 pm your local time. I woke up at about 4:30 pm today so I didn't get to call. Sorry.

lovely20

Mar 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2010
Love_Young said:
Actually are you reading it right lovely20? The person whom applied July 25th (at least in this thread anyway) was requested an extra document on May 9th but is still waiting. It is a shame they keep getting slower and slower with the update though.

I over slept today and the CIC site says the hotline is only open from 8 am to 4 pm your local time. I woke up at about 4:30 pm today so I didn't get to call. Sorry.

Actually they filed it July 12th, my bad. Got 1st stage approval on May 9, 2011 for a 2 year OWP.

eagle

Feb 8, 2010
Kind People

I hope everyone is doing well and prospering..

I require your assistance yet again.

So i got a letter today from CIC Vegreville

here is come background about me first :

application received by cic May 27th 2010
AIP recived with OWP on March 27th 2011
They had requested police clearence from my home country in the AIP letter - I sumitted the requested documents on April 15th .
My status on e-cas says "COMPLETE" . Last update says letter was sent to my on May9th regarding the decision

TODAY i recived the letter stating that they were pleased to inform me that my application is complete and that I will be contacted by my local Ottawa Immigration Office (I live in Ottawa) regarding my PR. The letter also says i will have to pay $490 (which was expected). The letter outlined that I will have to come with my wife (she is the sponsor) once they give me a date.

Now - is this regular procedure?? what happens next? ?
How long will Ottawa take to get in touch with me??

I am just confused homies.

lovely20

Mar 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2010
eagle said:
Kind People

I hope everyone is doing well and prospering..

I require your assistance yet again.

So i got a letter today from CIC Vegreville

here is come background about me first :

application received by cic May 27th 2010
AIP recived with OWP on March 27th 2011
They had requested police clearence from my home country in the AIP letter - I sumitted the requested documents on April 15th .
My status on e-cas says "COMPLETE" . Last update says letter was sent to my on May9th regarding the decision

TODAY i recived the letter stating that they were pleased to inform me that my application is complete and that I will be contacted by my local Ottawa Immigration Office (I live in Ottawa) regarding my PR. The letter also says i will have to pay $490 (which was expected). The letter outlined that I will have to come with my wife (she is the sponsor) once they give me a date.

Now - is this regular procedure?? what happens next? ?
How long will Ottawa take to get in touch with me??

I am just confused homies.
Congratulations Eagle! That means you are landing soon! Although I have no idea for the wait time for a landing interview in Ottawa.

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
I am surprised that the update has not happened yet. What the heck are they waiting for?

Have they ever skipped a week in updating it?

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Well I did find this site that let me know that the CIC call centre is actually open to 8:30 pm my time. Woohoo! :p
Link here: http://immipedia.ca/CIC_call_centre

So anyway I called and he checked, still a decision hasn't been made yet. He said, "We received your application July 16th and you should receive an answer in a couple of weeks" then asked if there was anything else. I guess I got a bit angry by hearing that again and I said, "Even though it has been 10 months?" Then he went on to say, "Yes this is the time it it is taking now." I said, "No it says on the site 9-10 months and I am 10 months and two days" He seemed to be somewhat quiet after that.

I then asked, "Have my background checks been done?" He said, "No they have not." I said, "Well that is funny because my notes say they have already been started." He said, "Well yes they have been started since January 28th" Then I said, "Well that is what I am meaning by asking if they have been done yet not, are they done." I guess it is my fault for not phrasing it right but that is the way I would word it at home. I am just in a crankier mood today though towards them I guess. After that last bit I got off the phone though. I don't really care if I seemed a bit too rude but they have to realize that we all have been waiting a long time and putting our lives on hold so hearing "wait another a couple of weeks for an answer" is really starting to get under my skin. They absolutely refuse to help me because my application was received 3 days past that. Ugh.... I might as well just wait for e-Cas. This is the reason I don't call every day. Not to mention they always ask me "When did you send your application?" My answer: July 13th because that is honestly the day I mailed it off. But then they get all mad at me when they find out the day it was received. Well then don't ask when I sent it then! :mad:

I will probably regret this post later for being so whiny and angry (because I am not generally this type of person) but for now I just need to vent. Hope you all understand. :)

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
angtao said:
I am surprised that the update has not happened yet. What the heck are they waiting for?

Have they ever skipped a week in updating it?
I am asking myself the same question. Both for the processing date and about my application decision.
I think they may have skipped a week before but can't remember. Maybe they slowed down since the elections are over?

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
eagle said:
My Apologies

Status on e-cas says "DECISION MADE"
CONGRATULATIONS eagle! Yes this is normal procedure. You will be having a PR interview soon.
And the interview is just a formality that just confirms the information on file/documents is still up to date and correct before you land.
Bring the things it asked you to and you will be good to go. I am sorry I don't know how long Ottawa takes to set up a landing interview but I wouldn't say longer than 2 months. I can't wait to hear about when you are becoming a PR and about how it goes. Let us know when you get a landing date. ;D

lovely20

Mar 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2010
Love_Young said:
Well I did find this site that let me know that the CIC call centre is actually open to 8:30 pm my time. Woohoo! :p
Link here: http://immipedia.ca/CIC_call_centre

So anyway I called and he checked, still a decision hasn't been made yet. He said, "We received your application July 16th and you should receive an answer in a couple of weeks" then asked if there was anything else. I guess I got a bit angry by hearing that again and I said, "Even though it has been 10 months?" Then he went on to say, "Yes this is the time it it is taking now." I said, "No it says on the site 9-10 months and I am 10 months and two days" He seemed to be somewhat quiet after that.

I then asked, "Have my background checks been done?" He said, "No they have not." I said, "Well that is funny because my notes say they have already been started." He said, "Well yes they have been started since January 28th" Then I said, "Well that is what I am meaning by asking if they have been done yet not, are they done." I guess it is my fault for not phrasing it right but that is the way I would word it at home. I am just in a crankier mood today though towards them I guess. After that last bit I got off the phone though. I don't really care if I seemed a bit too rude but they have to realize that we all have been waiting a long time and putting our lives on hold so hearing "wait another a couple of weeks for an answer" is really starting to get under my skin. They absolutely refuse to help me because my application was received 3 days past that. Ugh.... I might as well just wait for e-Cas. This is the reason I don't call every day. Not to mention they always ask me "When did you send your application?" My answer: July 13th because that is honestly the day I mailed it off. But then they get all mad at me when they find out the day it was received. Well then don't ask when I sent it then! :mad:

I will probably regret this post later for being so whiny and angry (because I am not generally this type of person) but for now I just need to vent. Hope you all understand. :)

:mad: :( :mad: :( :mad: :(

Maybe they have slowed down... You don't have to apologize about being grumpy, you have every right. Maybe they should just change that 9-10 months to 10-11 months.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
lovely20 said:
:mad: :( :mad: :( :mad: :(

Maybe they have slowed down... You don't have to apologize about being grumpy, you have every right. Maybe they should just change that 9-10 months to 10-11 months.
I doubt that I mean I just think it is with my application. I mean even the other member who applied July 15th got a request for documents on May 9th. They would have been finished by now if they didn't have to mail off another document. That's the only reason they are still waiting like me. And me I haven't gotten news of anything. So no it wouldn't make sense to change the processing time up just yet because most are still processing under 10 months so the 10-11 month would be a lie. See where I am getting at? I am just starting to get afraid that I won't ever get news or that my application is lost. I know it is only 2 days over the "normal" time but everyday over that makes me worry more and more that something is bad with our application. Thank you lovely20 for always being here to listen. You won't ever know how much that means. :-*

eagle

Feb 8, 2010
Love_Young said:
CONGRATULATIONS eagle! Yes this is normal procedure. You will be having a PR interview soon.
And the interview is just a formality that just confirms the information on file/documents is still up to date and correct before you land.
Bring the things it asked you to and you will be good to go. I am sorry I don't know how long Ottawa takes to set up a landing interview but I wouldn't say longer than 2 months. I can't wait to hear about when you are becoming a PR and about how it goes. Let us know when you get a landing date. ;D
Thank YOU, Thank YOU
I will certainly look out for the letter from local office. I hope it comes in soon.

Love_Young, dont get yourself worked up with CIC, let these things run their course, its a procedure - let them take their time. Thats the best we can do.
Stay positive, keep smiling. I have been there - I know how it is, I totally do

I will keep everyone updated.