Doc's Request.
January 07, 2011
AOR Received.
April 12, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
February 17, 2012
CIC must be working on early June apps right now because Eagle and cmilo sent theirs the end of May.

Eagle - Did you apply through Quebec?

Cmilo- Don't stress too much, maybe you application will get processed faster. They may just want to clear a few things up, it will all work out. It always does. Hugs to you :)

Cmilo

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Material said:
Im sorry to tell you this but I believe they have doubts about your relationship so you usually have to wait for an interview which will be done at the local office near you unless you send in more information about your relationship sometimes they wave the interview.

Stay strong
Thank you.
thats what I thought. It is true that our relationship is could be consider unusual since it is a same-sex relationship and we are pretty young :19-20yo...
Any advise?
:'(

Cmilo

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TeresaLynn said:
Cmilo- Don't stress too much, maybe you application will get processed faster. They may just want to clear a few things up, it will all work out. It always does. Hugs to you :)
Thanks! Im really nervous right now... I will keep my chin up though, or at least try to..

Material

Feb 16, 2011
Cmilo said:
Thank you.
thats what I thought. It is true that our relationship is could be consider unusual since it is a same-sex relationship and we are pretty young :19-20yo...
Any advise?
:'(
Do u have a client ID number ? you can send in updates on you relationship ? once you find out where it was transfered.Maybe Im wrong your in Qubec right ?? is the process any different there??

Cmilo

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Material said:
Do u have a client ID number ? you can send in updates on you relationship ? once you find out where it was transfered.Maybe Im wrong your in Qubec right ?? is the process any different there??
I will check that out. I think the only difference between quebec and the rest of canada is the fact that you have to apply for the CSQ.
I will keep you up to date guys Thanks for your support...

eagle

Feb 8, 2010
TeresaLynn said:
CIC must be working on early June apps right now because Eagle and cmilo sent theirs the end of May.

Eagle - Did you apply through Quebec?

I am a resident of Ontario.

TeresaLynn

Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 18, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 07, 2011
AOR Received.
April 12, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
February 17, 2012
Cmilo - Just be as honest an open as you can be, it may just be they need a bit more proof, so get your things together, get people to write some letters for you, find more pictures ect. You will be fine I know you will.

Eagle- that's great news, it sounds like you will be getting some sort of approval whether it's AIP or maybe even PR! Please keep us posted, it brings us a lot of hope and encouragement to see good news.

Cmilo

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TeresaLynn said:
Cmilo - Just be as honest an open as you can be, it may just be they need a bit more proof, so get your things together, get people to write some letters for you, find more pictures ect. You will be fine I know you will.
The more letters the better?
ill start gathering all the things i can. i guess i can get pictures, letters, bills with the same adress (?), bank-account together, what else could help?

Material

Feb 16, 2011
Cmilo said:
The more letters the better?
ill start gathering all the things i can. i guess i can get pictures, letters, bills with the same adress (?), bank-account together, what else could help?
Tax return , joint assets (car) , anything you think that will add strength to your case

TeresaLynn

Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 18, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 07, 2011
AOR Received.
April 12, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
February 17, 2012
Birthday cards, lists of gifts you have bought each other, anything you can think of.

Cmilo

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Material said:
Tax return , joint assets (car) , anything you think that will add strength to your case
Oh yeah... Tax return will take a while i not sure we will have it on time. We have the lease of our appartment under both names... Ill figure out what i can do. thanks!!!

eagle

Feb 8, 2010
TeresaLynn said:

Eagle- that's great news, it sounds like you will be getting some sort of approval whether it's AIP or maybe even PR! Please keep us posted, it brings us a lot of hope and encouragement to see good news.
Absolutely- i will keep everyone updated once I receive the letter(s)'

gucci_piggy

Feb 14, 2010
Hello, I'm worried this might be a really stupid question because I can't find anything that directly answers it on this forum, but I just want to clear something up.

My PR application (family class, i'm being sponsored by my wife) is currently in process. My current TRV (Visitor Record) was issued on the 19th of October 2010; it expires on the 1st of May 2011. However, I also received first-stage approval and an Open Work Permit on the 24th of November 2010; the work permit doesn't expire until the 24th of November 2011.

My question is, will my open work permit by itself actually give me the right to reside in Canada even after my Visitor Record expires, or should I put in an application for a new Visitor Record? Any help appreciated.

suenim

Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
NONE
LANDED..........
April 2011
gucci_piggy said:
Hello, I'm worried this might be a really stupid question because I can't find anything that directly answers it on this forum, but I just want to clear something up.

My PR application (family class, i'm being sponsored by my wife) is currently in process. My current TRV (Visitor Record) was issued on the 19th of October 2010; it expires on the 1st of May 2011. However, I also received first-stage approval and an Open Work Permit on the 24th of November 2010; the work permit doesn't expire until the 24th of November 2011.

My question is, will my open work permit by itself actually give me the right to reside in Canada even after my Visitor Record expires, or should I put in an application for a new Visitor Record? Any help appreciated.
No need to apply for another VR. Your OWP gives you status.

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
eagle said:
Hello All

I am just another person who has been behind the scenes all this while.
I do check this thread sincerely on a daily basis .

I am in the same boat like others here.
Heres my story :
- Came to study at a Canadian University in 2002
-Geaduated in 2007
- Secured post graduate work permit and started working fulltime in june 2007
- Been employed for the same employer since
- Married my GF (who is Canadian) of 5 years in Feb 2010.
- I had 2 options , to apply under the experienced class or Inland
- We applied Inland (including OWP)
Have been checking my Ecas regularly and this is what it says today

We received your application for permanent residence on May 27, 2010.

We started processing your application on August 9, 2010.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

Does anybody know what this means?
Please advise.
congrats! sounds like AIP. when u log in to ecas, next to ur name does it say "in process" or "complete"? if it says 'complete' then its PR.