January 07, 2011
AOR Received.
April 12, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
February 17, 2012
Love_Young said:
Hi, thanks again for always answering my bombardment of questions. It helps so much though.
Well my income has been zero since 2009 so I am pretty sure he would still be entitled to it. It would be nice if he could get paid back for that and more. And I linked our accounts but I already printed them off so I guess he will be mailing his too. Plus don't you need a NETFILE number in order to file it through that way? So it would probably be too late to do that.

Here is my last question though (for now):
Should I mail in the "determination of residency" or "world income" form with my return?
Yes it wouldn't hurt to send it in. Keep CRA posted of your status. As for netfiling he can still netfile as long as you didn't mail the hard copy, CRA doesn't want duplicate returns. If he needs his net file access code call 1-800-714-7257. Netfiling takes 8-10 days to process (normally) paperfiling can take 4-6 weeks and 16 weeks for first time filers.

TeresaLynn

Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 18, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 07, 2011
AOR Received.
April 12, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
February 17, 2012
I just checked the CIC website and it say March 2, 2011, yesterday it was March 9.....Love_Young i think your right, it's something on their end.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TeresaLynn said:
I just checked the CIC website and it say March 2, 2011, yesterday it was March 9.....Love_Young i think your right, it's something on their end.
They have their head in a blender !!!
It's really shouldn't be that hard to update the website and get it right.

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
wah lots of mess with filing taxes. so far we didnt get into such trouble. last year my hubby let them know that we got married so he had to return only ~200$, for 2 credit checks they sent him after we married, then i was asked to file my taxes. that was in summer. and then they recalculated, and sent us recalculated credit this 200$ back + a bit more. and we didnt have anymore trouble later. just that hubby had to pay 900$ after filing taxes, but his mom says that is because his employer doesnt deduct much money from his salary, thats why hubby has to pay back. it happens every other year or so. i wonder how is it gonna be this year. we still havent filed our taxes this year.
i wonder how much is that spouse amount they give? does anyone know?

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
TeresaLynn said:
Yes it wouldn't hurt to send it in. Keep CRA posted of your status. As for netfiling he can still netfile as long as you didn't mail the hard copy, CRA doesn't want duplicate returns. If he needs his net file access code call 1-800-714-7257. Netfiling takes 8-10 days to process (normally) paperfiling can take 4-6 weeks and 16 weeks for first time filers.
So it could take 4 months to process my return? Yikes. And how that work? Them only taking 8-10 days to process his return when they still need to look at mine. Don't they look at them together (not physically) but don't they need to compare the two around the same time.
And what do you mean by keep CRA posted about my status?

By the way, I previously posted we need to send a letter to CRA to correct the previous GST error they made which will take 4 weeks to get to. Would this cause problems with him netfiling? Should that letter get to them before the return?

TeresaLynn

Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 18, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 07, 2011
AOR Received.
April 12, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
February 17, 2012
Love_Young said:
So it could take 4 months to process my return? Yikes. And how that work? Them only taking 8-10 days to process his return when they still need to look at mine. Don't they look at them together (not physically) but don't they need to compare the two around the same time.
And what do you mean by keep CRA posted about my status?

By the way, I previously posted we need to send a letter to CRA to correct the previous GST error they made which will take 4 weeks to get to. Would this cause problems with him netfiling? Should that letter get to them before the return?
You only need to put each others net income, SIN & names on the returns. So he can still netfile. It happens all the time. Not all spouses file at the same time and CRA is aware of that.

16 weeks is standard for a first time filer. I know it sucks but that's the process.

I misread about the status thing...sorry. If you want to send them a determination of residency you can but i don't think they need it - not to sure about that one. I would have to look it up. You might want to call them to find out. The letter thing to GST will not hold up his return. The only thing that will happen is if he owes GST they will be paid from his refund, however once you send in the letter CRA will pay you back....that is if you are entitled.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Thanks TeresaLynn for the explaining.

However, we just got more bad news while eating supper. His dad handed him another envelope from CRA only for them to say he owes an additional $225.
Did they really have to slap us in the face two days in a row. I would have much rather got that in the same day. Thanks world for piling debt onto us at the moment hubby is taking a break from so much work. All we wanted was to create less strain on ourselves and we get put with more. So that is $285 less of a refund that we will be getting. So tell me how are we supposed to be be paying off this $1,300 debt we have, save up for our own place/car, and still pay additional necessary bills that are needed ever month?

I think the world hates us.

S

serenifly

canadiancitizen said:
Hello everybody... not matter what, you need to report your marital status, if you decide to report as single then you are going to lose the tax exemptions for dependants in the case that your hubbie makes less or zero income... if you are using a software to file your income tax return then you must insert the name of your husband on the first page, then fill up the schedule were you specify his income... if you report as single you loose advantages (combine medical expenses, city taxes, medical insurance, Child and family benefits CCTB, GST/HST credit, etc), taking in consideration o depending the province where you are... in fact, if most of you do earned a salary and you are paying taxes then you should report it... if you are not working and you are 19 or older then you are entitle to GST and HST credits, and for family of two without owning a house, you should not pay more than 40 for both returns, if you have a house, children then you are looking at a 60$ fee for preparation...
That's what we did, ours was messy cuz a) I was supporting him for half of 2010 - while our application was processed - so I put married, entered his name, 0$ for income. Did mine as normal. b) plus we bought a house so we got a tax credit for that *both of our first homes* - c) I also included a letter stating why he made 0$ income (that we had an inland application being processed - and I am supporting him until a decision is made) - d) and that we did file for a TIN but have yet to receive one.

Hopefully it will all go smoothly - but I'm not holding my breath lol I submitted it and they received it on Feb 28th - haven't heard anything yet ...

niseguy

Star Member
Mar 16, 2010
TIMELINE BELOW

APPLICATION WAS SENT IN SEPTEMBER 2009
TRANSFERED TO MISSISSAUGA LOCAL OFFICE WITHOUT AIP AUGUST 2010
CALLED FOR INTERVIEW JULY 2010
AIP GRANTED JULY 2010

TODAY WE RECEIVED A MAIL STATING "THIS REFERS TO UR APPLICATION FOR CANADA RECIDENE FROM WITHIN CANADA. ON JULY 2010 A REPRSENTATIVE OF THE MINISTER OF CITIZENSHIP N IMMIGRATION GRANTED YOU APPROVAL IN PRINCIPLE TO ALLOW PROCESSING OF YOUR APPLICATION FOR PR FROM WITHIN CANADA....

AFTER REVIEWING YOUR FILE IT IS NOTICED THAT WE ARE MISSING THE FOLLOWING

*A VALID PASSPORT ONLY FROM YOUR EMBASSY/CONSULATE IN OATTAWA

*RIGHT OF PR FEE. PLZ SUBMIT A MONEY ORDER OR CERTIFIED CHEQUE IN THE AMOUNTH OF 490 PAYABLE TO THE RECEIVER GENERAL FOR CANADA.

FAILURE TO PROVIDE THIS INFORMATION WITHIN 30 DAYS RESULT IN A DECISION BEING REDERED IN REGARDS TO YOUR ABILITY TO MEET THE STATUTORY REQUIREMENT.

NOW THE PROBLEM IS PASSPORT MACHINE IN MY EMBASSY HAS BEEN OUT OF SERVICE FOR SOME TIME NOW...I CALLED THEM AND I AM TRAVELLING TO OTTAWA TOMORROW TO GET A LETTER FROM THE CONSULATE EXPLAINING WHY I CANT BE ISSUED PASSPORT.

I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE EVER SEEN A SETUATION WHERE SOMEONE WAS LANDED WITHOUT PASSPORT.

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Now the website is back to March 9, 2011, it seems CPC-V is stuck once again.

Material

Feb 16, 2011
niseguy said:
TIMELINE BELOW

APPLICATION WAS SENT IN SEPTEMBER 2009
TRANSFERED TO MISSISSAUGA LOCAL OFFICE WITHOUT AIP AUGUST 2010
CALLED FOR INTERVIEW JULY 2010
AIP GRANTED JULY 2010

TODAY WE RECEIVED A MAIL STATING "THIS REFERS TO UR APPLICATION FOR CANADA RECIDENE FROM WITHIN CANADA. ON JULY 2010 A REPRSENTATIVE OF THE MINISTER OF CITIZENSHIP N IMMIGRATION GRANTED YOU APPROVAL IN PRINCIPLE TO ALLOW PROCESSING OF YOUR APPLICATION FOR PR FROM WITHIN CANADA....

AFTER REVIEWING YOUR FILE IT IS NOTICED THAT WE ARE MISSING THE FOLLOWING

*A VALID PASSPORT ONLY FROM YOUR EMBASSY/CONSULATE IN OATTAWA

*RIGHT OF PR FEE. PLZ SUBMIT A MONEY ORDER OR CERTIFIED CHEQUE IN THE AMOUNTH OF 490 PAYABLE TO THE RECEIVER GENERAL FOR CANADA.

FAILURE TO PROVIDE THIS INFORMATION WITHIN 30 DAYS RESULT IN A DECISION BEING REDERED IN REGARDS TO YOUR ABILITY TO MEET THE STATUTORY REQUIREMENT.

NOW THE PROBLEM IS PASSPORT MACHINE IN MY EMBASSY HAS BEEN OUT OF SERVICE FOR SOME TIME NOW...I CALLED THEM AND I AM TRAVELLING TO OTTAWA TOMORROW TO GET A LETTER FROM THE CONSULATE EXPLAINING WHY I CANT BE ISSUED PASSPORT.

I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE EVER SEEN A SETUATION WHERE SOMEONE WAS LANDED WITHOUT PASSPORT.
I would say send the embassy letter to the CIC office that is handeling your case as soon as you get..Im sorry to say this but this will probably delay your landing. Also I would ask the Embassy if it could issue you some sort of travel document and contact CIC to see if that will work ??

Just my opinion though

TeresaLynn

Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 18, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 07, 2011
AOR Received.
April 12, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
February 17, 2012
boasorte said:
Now the website is back to March 9, 2011, it seems CPC-V is stuck once again.
I checked just now and it says March 2, 2011.

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For me it still says March 9, 2011. Weird eh? ::)

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
niseguy said:
No. Not unless the person is stateless (has NO country) and it is completely impossible for them to get a passport. Even then, I'm not sure what CIC would do. PMM may know.