Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 6 2011
Doc's Request.
30 May 2012
Med's Done....
March 2011/ June 2012
:) a little update on my file: We received requested information on August 22. Thank you for sending the information. What is more, I called and asked it they attached the OWP to main application (as I was the one who sent after) and she said "you got lucky and they attached your OWP to the main application"! So, guys, I am definately feeling lucky today!

How far the last post- yes do send more info, as this is a good proof of continuing relationship! Just get you client ID first and make sure you write it on top of your first page with last name and all details possible so it gets attached to your main application! Better late than never! Wish everyone a good day! :)

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
AM,when did vegreville receive your open work permit? I sent mine in and they got it on oct.3. I am going to call them now and ask igit has been attached yet?

Am_lina11

Star Member
Oct 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 6 2011
Doc's Request.
30 May 2012
Med's Done....
March 2011/ June 2012
Angtao, I sent my OWP application with the requested info on July 27 I think! Canada Post delivered it on August 2, today (November 2) I got an update on my file that they received requested info (meaning my OWP application as they were in one envelope) on August 22! Complicated, eh!?

So I called to find out if they attached my OWP to the main application or forwarded it to different department, as it was sent later than main application, which would mean I am in trouble. The lady confirmed that we are not supposed to do it (send OWP later) and asked to wait on hold for a second! When she came back she told me (quote) "you got lucky maam, and they decided to attach it to the main file"! Whew...

As they got it on August 22 and just updated it November 2, I would wait another month for you to call! They may have attached it, but the lady wouldn't be able to see it on her computer! I am sure they will attach it! Let me know what they tell you on the phone! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
I just got off the phone with them and they said that the mail has not been opened yet for oct.3

So you sent yours and it was received on aug.2? What does you ecas say exactly? Can you copy and paste it?

Am_lina11

Star Member
Oct 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 6 2011
Doc's Request.
30 May 2012
Med's Done....
March 2011/ June 2012
Mail delivered to Vegreville : August 2 2011
An exact update on me ecas as of today:
"We received the requested information on August 22, 2011. Thank you for
providing the information."

ryan_stw

Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Am_lina11 said:
Mail delivered to Vegreville : August 2 2011
An exact update on me ecas as of today:
"We received the requested information on August 22, 2011. Thank you for
providing the information."
I thought we can't see the updates and information received up until decision is made? That is what the agent told me, that nothing appears on our e-cas until its all done. Lucky you!

Am_lina11

Star Member
Oct 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 6 2011
Doc's Request.
30 May 2012
Med's Done....
March 2011/ June 2012
:) I doubt that, they just updated the information. I think all it means is that they looked at my file again with requested info! As before it was marked as incomplete. (I had gaps in my work history that is why they requested more info). It is far from decision and all it means instead doing the steps in July they will do now as now they have information! A delay in processing rather than decision! But I am lucky that my belated OWP was attached to the main file!

ilovecanada4ever

Star Member
Jun 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2011
Med's Done....
30-06-2011
Canada opens up immigration to foreign PhD students!!!

Canada will start accepting some PhD students as part of a class of immigrants with experience in the country, the government said Wednesday.

Gary Goodyear, minister of state for science and technology, announced the government is expanding the Canadian experience class to include PhD students in certain streams, noting the country lacks people with expertise in science, technology, engineering and math.

The experience class is aimed at skilled temporary foreign workers and international students who want to stay in Canada.

Immigration Minister Jason Kenney, who Wednesday welcomed the 10,000th permanent resident to enter Canada through the program, said Canada used to send people who wanted to become citizens back to their country of origin to have them start on the seven-year waitlist.

Before the program, "we would say excellent. You now have a degree or a diploma that will be recognized by a Canadian employer, you have some work experience in Canada, you have perfected your English or French language skills … now please leave the country and if you want to immigrate, get in the back of a seven-year-long queue," Kenney said.

"That didn’t make any sense at all. Because these are folks who are pre-integrated, they are set for success."

To be eligible, PhD students need to have done at least two years of study toward the degree and be in good standing at a recognized post-secondary institution in Canada. They can start applying Nov. 5 under the federal skilled workers program.

Graduates who are less than a year out of the program are also eligible to apply.

Goodyear said expanding the program tells innovators around the world that Canada is ready to welcome their ideas.

"Research in these fields contributes greatly to our overall national competitiveness in the global market," he said.
New targets

The news conference comes the day after Kenney tabled in the House of Commons the government's immigration targets for the next year.

Last year, Canada admitted 280,681 permanent residents, an 11.3 percent increase from 2009 and the highest level in 50 years, the report says. Nearly 67 per cent of total admissions came as economic immigrants.

Kenney is holding the 2012 targets at the same level as the previous five years.

"The admission range of 240,000 to 265,000 is maintained for the sixth consecutive year, reaffirming the commitment to sustained immigration levels to continue to fulfil the department’s objectives," the report says.

Kenney told MPs last month that Canada needs to accept fewer applications in the family class of immigrants, which has a large backlog. He said speeding up processing alone won't take care of the backlog of parents and grandparents trying to join family members in Canada.

NDP Immigration critic Don Davies says he applauds the expansion of the experience class.

"It’s a good system. I like what I’m hearing about getting more PhDs integrated into our system…but it shouldn’t come at the expense of other classes of immigrants," Davies said.

He says Kenney's own department has reported it's possible to increase immigration targets, which have been stable for the past few years, and says Canada could see a labour shortage as soon as five years from now.

"How do we meet that labour challenge if we are using numbers that were the same as the last five years?

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/08/2011 for PR and Visitor permit extension
Doc's Request.
Police certificate requested on 18th sep 2012 , fingers prints requested on 1st nov 2012
File Transfer...
Filed transferred to local office on 5th sep 2012
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
angtao said:
cari, I believe you can only get through on e-cas once your file is in process.

Try calling CIC and ask them if your file is in process yet.
Hi
Now I can log into ecas so it means that my ase is in progress so plZ update it on ur record.

Thanks

Nazam

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/08/2011 for PR and Visitor permit extension
Doc's Request.
Police certificate requested on 18th sep 2012 , fingers prints requested on 1st nov 2012
File Transfer...
Filed transferred to local office on 5th sep 2012
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
angtao said:
AM,when did vegreville receive your open work permit? I sent mine in and they got it on oct.3. I am going to call them now and ask igit has been attached yet?
Did u send ur owp with application of pr or after that?

Naz

Am_lina11

Star Member
Oct 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 6 2011
Doc's Request.
30 May 2012
Med's Done....
March 2011/ June 2012
Naz, I sent my OWP after my PR Application! That is why I was worried!

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Top 10 immigrant source countries in 2010

Philippines36,57813%

India30,25210.8%

China30,19710.8%

United Kingdom9,4993.4%

USA9,2433.3%

France6,9342.5%

Iran6,8152.4%

UAE6,7962.4%

Morocco5,9462.1%

South Korea5,5392%

All other countries132,88247.3%

Total280,681100%

Citizenship and Immigration 2011 Report

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Am_lina, so they received it on Aug.2 and attached it on Aug.22. That is only 3 weeks later. It does not make any sense as they are opening mail from July 15. I am confused. How come they attached it within 3 weeks?

Naz, thanks for your info but a date would really help. Can you tell me what the date says on e-cas for when your file went in to process?

Thanks MarkAnna. That is good to know. Did you take my suggestion from the 2010 thread about talking to your MP?

AAL1984

Nov 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
LANDED..........
Nov 2012
Am_lina11 said:
:) a little update on my file: We received requested information on August 22. Thank you for sending the information. What is more, I called and asked it they attached the OWP to main application (as I was the one who sent after) and she said "you got lucky and they attached your OWP to the main application"! So, guys, I am definately feeling lucky today!

How far the last post- yes do send more info, as this is a good proof of continuing relationship! Just get you client ID first and make sure you write it on top of your first page with last name and all details possible so it gets attached to your main application! Better late than never! Wish everyone a good day! :)
Thanks, I sent the stuff in today. Better late than never! I still think its early for me since they just got my stuff on Aug 23 2011, so prob won't even start working on it for a while.

Anyway, its funny how things work out sometimes. Just yesterday I was worried that how would I send them anything without a client ID or file #. Just yesterday I open up my email and I got an email from them dating oct 31, which said our office got your application on Aug 23 and it gave me a UCI and File # to quote for any future correspondence. Problem solved.