May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
ryan_stw said:
I asked her about ECAS, why others will reflect when additional docs are received, while others wont show up anything, she said those who applied before July will have the old system is which all the updates will be reflected once they get AIP, while those afterwards, will have an update everytime CIC receives something or any other info, she said this is part of the new system.

I was asked to send a client history update back in July, i sent it right away around the 2nd week and it was attached to file Mid September, and that they have received my medicals as well from my doctor, she said they are now doing background check and assessing the sponsor.

I also asked her if it is possible for someone to be approved for both stage 1 and 2 at the same time, she said yes it is very possible, and it is especially true if you dont have any dependents in or out of Canada.

Hopefully we will get more good news real soon!!
Great information, thank you so much, imagine getting both stages at the same time... Santa Claus is coming to town, Santa is coming to town :)

Berber_amazigh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Missha for taking care of the inlanders 2011!!we really appreciate !
keep up the good work!
Happy holidays everyone!!

Berber_amazigh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ryan_stw said:
I managed to contact the call centre last week, i was able to speak to a knowledgeable lady (IMO), i asked her why the process keeps on getting longer, she said that they just had a change in system in July which caused things to lag behind, but it has all been fixed now and we should see waiting times improving soon (which was true based on the update this week from CIC). I also asked her if there has been cases where some people gets approved early, she said it is always on a first come first serve regardless when they submitted the application, the only time that their processing gets faster is if they are caregivers and others in that same field.

I asked her about ECAS, why others will reflect when additional docs are received, while others wont show up anything, she said those who applied before July will have the old system is which all the updates will be reflected once they get AIP, while those afterwards, will have an update everytime CIC receives something or any other info, she said this is part of the new system.

I was asked to send a client history update back in July, i sent it right away around the 2nd week and it was attached to file Mid September, and that they have received my medicals as well from my doctor, she said they are now doing background check and assessing the sponsor.

I also asked her if it is possible for someone to be approved for both stage 1 and 2 at the same time, she said yes it is very possible, and it is especially true if you dont have any dependents in or out of Canada.

Thank you so much for the information !

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
ryan_stw said:
I managed to contact the call centre last week, i was able to speak to a knowledgeable lady (IMO), i asked her why the process keeps on getting longer, she said that they just had a change in system in July which caused things to lag behind, but it has all been fixed now and we should see waiting times improving soon (which was true based on the update this week from CIC). I also asked her if there has been cases where some people gets approved early, she said it is always on a first come first serve regardless when they submitted the application, the only time that their processing gets faster is if they are caregivers and others in that same field.

Very informative post. I wish I could hang somewhere in this thread, so it would be prominent to everyone :D I wish everyone gets both stages done at the same time and in a reasonable amount of time :)

ryan_stw

Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Are those approved in July in the care-giving field or anywhere related?

Serendipity

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ryan_stw said:

Great info, indeed, and many thanks for sharing! :)

S.

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
ryan_stw said:
Are those approved in July in the care-giving field or anywhere related?
Probably that if they have any other related occupation which needs work permit asap due to their occupation. Unlike me who came from US with US work experience and got married :p .I guess, Sometimes people with already work permit in Canada and after getting married to canadian PR or citizen are considered to be grated earlier OWP based on their occupation and work history, as they got to keep the industrial sector in mind too.

ilovecanada4ever

Star Member
Jun 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2011
Med's Done....
30-06-2011
ryan_stw said:

Very informative, indeed! Thanks Ryan~

kochanie

Oct 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all,

Nice to hear everyone is so positive... and also good to hear that CIC's new system will make (hopefully) processing faster! Just an update, we both can now log in to ECAS and it application received on Sept 29, 2011 and started processing on December 13! Really good to know that they actually touched our application and we'll just have to wait..

Have a great weekend fellow Inlanders! And may Santa bring all January/February applicants a great Christmas presents! :)

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Does anyone know where they have English classes in Toronto?

Serendipity

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
angtao said:
Does anyone know where they have English classes in Toronto?

You may want to visit the TDSB website to find info on FREE or almost free ESL classes in Toronto: http://www.tdsb.on.ca/_site/ViewItem.asp?siteid=200&menuid=987&pageid=724 :)

S.

liza-laziza

Star Member
Oct 23, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2011
Med's Done....
18-11-2010
Re: supporting each other

nat_varcor said:
Hello 2011 applicants

It has been 9 months since I sent my application, the waiting has been long but now getting so close to the timelines I am getting anxious.

has someone in the forum had a baby or pregnant during application? anyone knows if that can slow down the prossesing time?

Happy holidays!!!
Hi,

I don't know if that would help, but I got pregnant in April right after I sent in the application (what a bad luck...). I called CIC, that told me that it wouldn't affect the processing times but I should let them know if a baby is born. Thank you very much! Without a health insurance it would have been a crazy venture, so I had to terminate the pregnancy. I don't understand how is it that when I give birth to a Canadian citizen who is a child of a Canadian citizen (my husband), my pregnancy is considered to be my medical problem... :(

wlas52381

Sep 29, 2011
hey guys i have a queation..our app was received by vegreville on cot 12th 2011..i was going through the forms the other day and i realized that on my background/declaration form the question was addresses since I turned 18 i started from 08/2004 whereas i should have written 07/2004..you guys think its a big deal and i should send out another form with the corrected info..everything else looks fine on the form..dont want an extra delay because of this..thanks all

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Very good info Ryan. Thank you.

Thanks Serendipity. I will try that.

To irishred and others, I would not worry too much if the sponsor cannot log in. The sponsor can usually log in around the time that AIP is given.

tinch,patrick91,nazam80,cari04,raabhim,theprofessorswife,wlas52381,adrian_calgary,hatrang,chinga,fwmello,iamxiaogua,Deutschbug and vinlander, what does your e-cas say? Have your files go in to process yet?

I have a feeling things are going to speed up in 2012 now that there new computer system is in place and they have fixed the glitches. I hope we see more of these 12 day jumps too.

Dominican22,mr.mass and serendipity any news yet? I am dying to see more approvals for 2011. LOL

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Kochanie and AM, you guys both received e-mails from Vegreville? I did not know that they do things by e-mail.

Serendipity, I love your post about the lawyers and immigration consultants. We paid our immigration consultant $2500. I feel like he took us to the cleansers now that I read your post.