Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
missha said:
Yes, you will be asked to land in Manitoba but you could request the landing in Montreal. Look at that point of you receiving the landing letter from CIC, you will be approved in their system. Keep in mind that request for change of landing office might cause some delay in receiving for PR Status/Card. Also, if you have to go back to Manitoba after 11-12 months (as CIC timeline says for approvals, assuming your both stages approved) there is no harm in it.
Delay in PR card is fine, so long as she as OWP. So you think we should not notify them until they approve her and schedule landing interview in Manitoba, and then request landing in Montreal?
How much notice is given before the landing interview? we may be able to come back for it (and to visit family) at that time.

One of our applicant has filed from Ontario but CIC asked for an interview in Vancouver and upon calling, CIC confirm that he has to go to Vancouver, and he has no choice.
That seems crazy! Not everyone can afford to go to Vancouver just like that.

Yes, we'll definitely call them and see what they think is best. Thanks!

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
missha said:
Yes, I am assuming that it will cause the delay but again depends if you're changing your residency as well. If your changing your residency for sure, then you have to get through Quebec. How about if you call CIC and check. Do not mention about your case but just asking as general question.
I'm not so sure about your plan, sorry to interrupt...the only problem I see, is that Quebec is suppossed to approve the sponsor before CIC could do it, the applicant needs to send the application, so Quebec could proceed to issue the QSC... if I was you, I would ask Leon about this... he is a wizard in CIC, and you can find him in the "spousal sponsorship"... I would ask, I'm in Québec and this is mandatory... ok :)

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
canadiancitizen said:
I'm not so sure about your plan, sorry to interrupt...the only problem I see, is that Quebec is suppossed to approve the sponsor before CIC could do it, the applicant needs to send the application, so Quebec could proceed to issue the QSC... if I was you, I would ask Leon about this... he is a wizard in CIC, and you can find him in the "spousal sponsorship"... I would ask, I'm in Québec and this is mandatory... ok :)
Yes, LEON is amazing, you should trying contacting him.

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
sievo said:
Alright! Let's defer these questions to Leon! :D
I would recommend you from my experience not to change your address and residency till you get approved. Just wait till you get ur first stage approved. Otherwise,It gets complicated.

sievo

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That's what I'm thinking too.
As a canadian I assume I'm allowed to go live in Quebec whenever I want, and she doesn't have the right to work/study until AIP anyway, so she's almost like a tourist there.

I think CSQ is irrelevant anyway. From http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/france/visas/immigrate-immigrer_faq.aspx:
If I wish to immigrate to the province of Quebec, why do I have to apply to the Quebec government as well as to the Canadian government?

The province of Quebec is responsible for the selection of applicants for immigration who wish to establish in that province and who are economic applicants (skilled workers or business applicants).
Never hurts to have a second opinion though, and we will for sure call CIC also (without giving our application #, naturally)

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
sievo said:
As a canadian I assume I'm allowed to go live in Quebec whenever I want, and she doesn't have the right to work/study until AIP anyway, so she's almost like a tourist there.

I think CSQ is irrelevant anyway. From http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/france/visas/immigrate-immigrer_faq.aspx:
Never hurts to have a second opinion though, and we will for sure call CIC also (without giving our application #, naturally)
Yes, you are right, Im also a Canadian, but your wife is not, my husband either, CIC sent us a letter mid September (I believe) asking to fill up some forms because Quebec needs to approve me as a sponsor... so you need to find out with Leon, ok... hope you dont have to change or revised anything that might delay your process.. :)

sievo

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maybe I can wait until CIC accepts me as a sponsor before notifying them that we moved ;)

Thanks for adding your experience to the discussion! We really want to leave Winnipeg, preferably before she gets AIP...

Foofy

Dec 16, 2011
sievo said:

I think CSQ is irrelevant anyway.
As it is true you can study wherever u want, if u study in quebec and own a CSQ (Which u probably wont be able to get after ur PR) you can study french for free and also u get a very low price to study in the universities.

Also i dont think it is a good idea you do not tell them.. It is kidna of misleading and if they find out you might get into trouble. If i were you i would notify them of every step you do.

sievo

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Foofy said:
As it is true you can study wherever u want, if u study in quebec and own a CSQ (Which u probably wont be able to get after ur PR) you can study french for free and also u get a very low price to study in the universities.

Also i dont think it is a good idea you do not tell them.. It is kidna of misleading and if they find out you might get into trouble. If i were you i would notify them of every step you do.
We both speak fluent french and neither of us is studying anymore. I don't see any reason we would need a CSQ.

Although I agree that it is preferable to tell them everything, sometimes we overthink things because the process is kind of obscure. I will let everyone know what CIC says about this.
It really is a simple change of address and shouldn't affect anything. Unless the province of Quebec then needs to approve me as a sponsor which would delay things.

Serendipity

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear all,

Just wanted to let you guys know of some good news. Today we received in the mail my wife's landing interview letter!!!! OMG!! The wonderful thing is that it has been scheduled for Feb. 2nd, which is less than a month after she got both AIP & DM.

We are extremely happy about it, which also evidences that CIC has become much more efficient. This should be encouraging for all!

Best wishes to all.

S. :)

sievo

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That Great!! Congrats!

I have a feeling we will see the wait time decrease soon, once the backlog is taken care of!

peanutbrittle

Jan 25, 2012
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
31-10-2012
Med's Request
30-08-2012
Hi everyone! I'm a new poster, but I've been lurking here for a while. :D Was wondering if I can be added to the Inland Application 2011 Chart? App was received October 31, 2011. Started processing January 16, 2012.

Also, I had a question regarding medical exams. I had my original medical exam done in April 2011 (took us a long time to get our application together!). I'm worried that it will have expired by the time CIC even gets around to first stage approval. I'm thinking about getting another exam and sending it in to be added to my file, just to be safe. Do you guys think it would be worth it?

Thanks in advance! Really grateful for these forums!

Serendipity

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
peanutbrittle said:
Hi everyone! I'm a new poster, but I've been lurking here for a while. :D Was wondering if I can be added to the Inland Application 2011 Chart? App was received October 31, 2011. Started processing January 16, 2012.

Also, I had a question regarding medical exams. I had my original medical exam done in April 2011 (took us a long time to get our application together!). I'm worried that it will have expired by the time CIC even gets around to first stage approval. I'm thinking about getting another exam and sending it in to be added to my file, just to be safe. Do you guys think it would be worth it?

Thanks in advance! Really grateful for these forums!
Your medicals will, indeed, expire before you get AIP given that they are only valid for one year. By all means get another set of medicals done ASAP so to guarantee that by the time the examining officer grants you AIP, he/she may find valid medicals in your file which may help you get DM sooner, or even right away. That is, in fact, exactly what we did, and my wife got both AIP & DM granted on the very same day.

S. :)