Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Thanks Ryan. So there are a few of u out there listening. That is good to know.

I am no immigration expert by any means but I would think that if you have a multiple entry visa, you can come and go as you please. Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't multiple entry mean you can come and go? Now that I think about it i believe that the only thing that can guarantee you back in to Canada is a cdn passport or a pr card. Hmm, not sure what to say. Can anyone else comment on this?

Btw, this may be a dumb question but what does tr mean in trv?

ryan_stw

Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
angtao said:
Btw, this may be a dumb question but what does tr mean in trv?
TR means Temporary Resident, this is the visa issued to Visitors, meaning i have a Multiple Entry Visitors Visa and it will be expiring Sept 2012.

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
I don't understand. Do you come from a country that needs a visa to visit Canada? How did you get the trv?

finebaby

Dec 19, 2011
angtao said:
It has been very quiet in here lately. Are we all just patiently waiting?

I know, let's start a poll. How often do you guys come on the forum and read the posts? I come on about once a day.

I am online most times... u are much lucky because u are working and ain't so idle like most of us that are just waiting. mine hurts because i missed my master degree graduation party in England although i have all my certificates and transcripts now, i missed my elder brothers wedding and i missed my grandmothers burial. i have missed several big family events all for love and Pr. if they can even let us work while waiting, it wouldn't be this bad. i have never bn idle all my life because even while i was in school, i was working. i am doing a volunteer job now but its just few hours/days in a week. guess am working on my greatest skill to be ..PATIENCE!! lol..... At d end of every tunnel, there is a bright light. great week y'all

ryan_stw

Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
angtao said:
I don't understand. Do you come from a country that needs a visa to visit Canada? How did you get the trv?
Yes i come from a country that needs a visit to come here to Canada, i was granted a 3year Multiple Entry Visa. Some people say i can leave the country and come back and not be refused entry once i have AIP and OWP. I dont know if this is accurate or not though.

kochanie

Oct 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
angtao said:
Awwww, you guys made me feel better already. Wow, I have been in a foul mood all day today because of the NO jump thing. Honestly, most days I am fine but I mean throw us a bone cic, give us at least a couple of days of a jump.

Gemauru, how are you doing? Long time no talk. I hope you at least enjoyed the holidays.

Amlina, thanks for always being here too. Sometimes I need to vent and I feel like no one is listening.

Anyway, thanks for listening guys. I really appreciate it.
Always here Angtao! This forum is bookmarked:) and YES patiently waiting. All the best everyone and love loe to hear good news! Keep the positive attitude..Happy new year all!

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
angtao said:
Hi everyone,

I hope you all had a great Christmas and New Years. Mine was fabulous but I am also happy that they are over so that people are back at work and working on our applications. I am hoping see somewhat of a jump tomorrow as we saw no jump on Dec.28.

Julian, congrats on your AIP. What day did your file go in to process and what date was on the AIP letter so we can add you to our chart.

I have a feeling once CIC fixes all there glitches then things will speed up.

Serendipity is next on the list. Any news yet? Anyone else get DM? Fleo is also on the list but we have not heard from them in ages. Are you still around?
Happy new year for you too Angtao... no news from us, so hoping for the same thing!

SAgirl

Nov 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vergreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2011
Med's Done....
02-05-2011
LANDED..........
27-04-2012
ryan_stw said:
Just a concern:
I dont know if I should be hopeful if i can leave Canada for by brother's wedding this coming April, they said if i am granted OWP, i can leave and come back on the basis that i have a working permit, and to the fact that i still have a TRV Multiple Entry valid until Sept 2012. I asked CIC Agents a few times before, they would neither say yes or no, they can only say that its up to the discretion of the immigration officer, what do you think? thanks and happy new year!
This was my experience - I have a multiple entry visa and went home in December for two weeks with my hubby. Coming back passport control only asked my hubby what the purpose of our trip was, looked at my visa and stamped both our passports. I also asked our immigration lawyer about going home while waiting for approval and he said as long as I have a valid visa to enter and won’t be out of Canada for months it would be fine to travel.

sievo

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
angtao said:
... has anyones file gone in to process yet from those of you that sent it after July?
I'm sponsoring my french fiance. She sent her application in mid august, and I've just received our first correspondence from CIC (in the form of an email) since then :). Confirming that the PR request was received at Vegreville on 2011/09/20.

It also claims that we can track the application in e-cas, but it doesn't seem to have been updated yet. I guess we're not quite "in processing" yet, but they're doing something over there ;)

sievo

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SAgirl said:
I also asked our immigration lawyer about going home while waiting for approval and he said as long as I have a valid visa to enter and won't be out of Canada for months it would be fine to travel.
This is my understanding also. My fiance is currently visiting back home, but we were told as long as there is no specific reason to refuse entry she would be fine. Simply having a PR application in process is not considered sufficient reason to refuse entry, I believe.

Then again, she is from a visa exempt country. Not having an entry visa would certainly be enough to get turned away, and maybe having a PR app is enough to be refused the re-entry visa. Obviously be cautious, but I think people here worry a little too much about traveling while awaiting PR.

qw123

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Montreal
Visa Office......
Vigreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-MAY-2011
Doc's Request.
25-MARCH-2012
Med's Done....
02-MAY-2011
LANDED..........
Aug 15th 2012
I would like to make some clarification....if you plan to stay within CANADA (WITHOUT YOU LEAVING THE COUNTRY DURING THE WHOLE PROCESS)

I do not understand why people apply for OWP or extensions ....IT'S USELESS unless again unless...you would like to work as early as possible then you can apply for OWP or unless you would like to keep driving or as visitor visa...do whatever a visitor visa allows someone to do.

No NEED to apply for OWP or extensions JUST for the sake of BEING IN STATUS ...why? well, for two reasons:

REASON#1 Immigration does not care whether or not you are in status so long your application process begins before your status expires. to go even deeper, thy do not even care whether u are legal or illegal as you can even apply for sponsorship when illegal.
REASON#2 if people apply for owp or extensions only for the sake of being in "IMPLIED" STATUS....it's useless as you are considered in "IMPLIED" status right in the moment your application is in process and you get an ID#. Until a DECISION is made on your case, YOU ARE CONSIDERED AS IN STATUS.

SO PLEASE STOP CONFUSING YOURSELF AND SPENDING ALL these OTHER APPLICATION FEES

karma123

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-03-2011
angtao said:

I know, let's start a poll. How often do you guys come on the forum and read the posts? I come on about once a day.
Everyday Angtao. You're not alone!

We have to keep positive.

My best wishes for all of us. Hoping to get a positive answer soon.

Serendipity

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
angtao said:

Happy New Year to everyone,

And yes, I am 100 % patiently and, believe it or not, happily waiting for any news from CIC. But here is why: after spending 8 years to get my US papers and 3 more to get the Canadian ones, a mere twelve-month wait for my wife to get her Canadian PR is simply AWESOME!! :)

Also, because of school and work I am usually glued to my laptop which allows me to visit this and other threads on a daily basis.

S.

P.S.: we have not heard anything yet from CIC, but we are confident that this will change in the next few days.

kdmosco

Star Member
Nov 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-02-2012
hello everyone! hope you all had a great start to 2012... i hadn't been in the forum for a while so i just want to make sure I'm still on track? my sponsorship was received on February 20, 2011 and started processing march 24 2011 and have not received any sort of notification or confirmation or anything! is everyone on the same boat? thanks for all your help!

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kdmosco said:
hello everyone! hope you all had a great start to 2012... i hadn't been in the forum for a while so i just want to make sure I'm still on track? my sponsorship was received on February 20, 2011 and started processing march 24 2011 and have not received any sort of notification or confirmation or anything! is everyone on the same boat? thanks for all your help!
Yeah kdmosco,this is normal......you can check and truck your application status from the ECAS by using your client ID xxxx-xxxx that is if you have one....normaly for the first stage its shows in -process.currently they are process application received on jan 14,2011.keep your finger cross and you are almost there.....good luck