Sep 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2012
Congrats MrMass on your AIP, and congrats to you Julian_26; that means you just got AIP you need to wait to wait for 2nd stage
Julian_26 said:
HELLO EVERYONE, JUST A QUICK QUESTION PERHAPS SOMEONE CAN HELP ME OUT WITH THIS

ON DECEMBER 21ST I RECEIVED A LETTER SAYING THAT MY FIRST STAGE OF PERMANENT RESIDENCE INSIDE CANADA WAS APPROVED AND TODAY I LOGGED ON THE CAS TO CHECK MY STATUS AND IT SAYS : STATUS IN PROCESS, BUT WHEN I CLICKED ON "IN PROCESS" TO SEE THE DETAILS OF MY STATUS IT SAYS " A DECISION HAS BEEN MADE AND YOU WILL BE CONTACTED"

STRANGE, IN PROCESS, BUT WITH A DECISION MADE ? DOES THAT MAKE ANY SENSE ?

THEY GOT MY PAPERS ON JANUARY 10-2011

THANKS TO EVERYONE AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Hi everyone,

I hope you all had a great Christmas and New Years. Mine was fabulous but I am also happy that they are over so that people are back at work and working on our applications. I am hoping see somewhat of a jump tomorrow as we saw no jump on Dec.28.

Julian, congrats on your AIP. What day did your file go in to process and what date was on the AIP letter so we can add you to our chart.

I have a feeling once CIC fixes all there glitches then things will speed up.

Serendipity is next on the list. Any news yet? Anyone else get DM? Fleo is also on the list but we have not heard from them in ages. Are you still around?

Serendipity

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
angtao said:
Hi everyone,

I hope you all had a great Christmas and New Years. Mine was fabulous but I am also happy that they are over so that people are back at work and working on our applications. I am hoping see somewhat of a jump tomorrow as we saw no jump on Dec.28.

Julian, congrats on your AIP. What day did your file go in to process and what date was on the AIP letter so we can add you to our chart.

I have a feeling once CIC fixes all there glitches then things will speed up.

Serendipity is next on the list. Any news yet? Anyone else get DM? Fleo is also on the list but we have not heard from them in ages. Are you still around?

Happy New Year to you too. We haven't heard anything from CIC yet, but we will keep you guys posted of any changes. - I was taught as a young child that patience is a wonderful virtue, and the good news is that this process has unequivocally been a great opportunity to exercise it extensively ;) -

S.

asmallant

Apr 10, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was deported in May 12 to Jail without any criminal activities involve. I was the only person in jail in May for deportation without criminal activity and without legal right/lawyer's concern. Do your guy now that couple want to live together mush have money to hire a lawyer to fight for the basic need in Canada? So poor huamn right here?

hatrang

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2011
AOR Received.
29-08-2012
Med's Done....
21-09-2011
Interview........
26-11-2012 (landing)
LANDED..........
26-11-2012
asmallant said:
I was deported in May 12 to Jail without any criminal activities involve. I was the only person in jail in May for deportation without criminal activity and without legal right/lawyer's concern. Do your guy now that couple want to live together mush have money to hire a lawyer to fight for the basic need in Canada? So poor huamn right here?
Can you pls explain more about "basic need in Canada"? I never work with a lawyer in my life even I've been living here with hubby more than 2 years. Your knowledge may help, please share if you don't mind. Thanks.

AAL1984

Nov 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
LANDED..........
Nov 2012
Quick question

I've filed for my wife on Aug 22 2011 Inland, that's all fine, and is going along.

However I did NOT send an application for an OWP with her application, I know that was a mistake.

However in September I did file to extend her stay, and received an extension till Jan 2 2012, I knew the extension would be short
since her passport is expiring on Jan 4 2012.

There were some issues with getting her passport renewed and it took a long time, it finally got sorted out, she should get her passport within the next week. However, due to her not having a valid passport I wasn't able to send in another visitor extension application.

So when I finally get her new renewed passport back, what should I do?

Can I send in an application for an OWP and ask them to attach it to the main sponsorship application?
Should I also update Vegreville about her new renewed passport, and send them the details?

I'm just confused, some guidance would be appreciated.

Am_lina11

Star Member
Oct 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 6 2011
Doc's Request.
30 May 2012
Med's Done....
March 2011/ June 2012
AAL1984 said:
Quick question

I've filed for my wife on Aug 22 2011 Inland, that's all fine, and is going along.

However I did NOT send an application for an OWP with her application, I know that was a mistake.

However in September I did file to extend her stay, and received an extension till Jan 2 2012, I knew the extension would be short
since her passport is expiring on Jan 4 2012.

There were some issues with getting her passport renewed and it took a long time, it finally got sorted out, she should get her passport within the next week. However, due to her not having a valid passport I wasn't able to send in another visitor extension application.

So when I finally get her new renewed passport back, what should I do?

Can I send in an application for an OWP and ask them to attach it to the main sponsorship application?
Should I also update Vegreville about her new renewed passport, and send them the details?

I'm just confused, some guidance would be appreciated.
Hi! I think you should inform CIC about new passport for sure. There is no doubt about that, so I would make a copy of a new passport and send it to Vergeville as soon as possible. Since they recommend to maintain legal status along the process, I would send an application for OWP and cover letter (explaining your situation) along with the passport copy. They will attach both to the main file and your wife will get her open work permit as soon as she gets AIP. What is more, you may consider calling them and asking if you should pay the fee to restore the status or just regular one! Good luck!!!

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
You know, I have to see that today I got really upset at the fact that the date did not move at all. I know it was the holidays and of course they were going to slow down but to not have moved at all in 2 full weeks and by next Wednesday it will be 3 full weeks is just unacceptable. I cannot believe the canadian government. For once I am praising the USA that if you are a born US citizen your file goes in to a faster line.

This is absolutely ridiculous. They are playing with our lives here. A 1 year wait for AIP is attrocious. I tried to call CIC today to ask what the hell is going on but could not get through. Next Wed will be Jan.11 and let's say they jump 4 days then that will take it to Jan.18. That is 1 week less then a year. So basically it now takes 1 year for AIP. What happened to them fixing there system that changed in July? Is it still not fixed yet? Also, I know some people have vacation days and like to take them betwen x-mas and nye so they have a long break but this is ridiculous. I am hoping that my husband can land before July as we are planning a trip back to Europe to finally see his family that he misses so much. They also miss him so much. It is too bad that we have no one to call to complain to. I wish I could talk to Jason Kenney and tell him that spousal sponsorships are very serious to those that are real. You know, I am just so pissed off that I am just rambling. Sometimes you just need to vent.

What do you guys think of going away after you land but do not have your PR card yet? If we leave the country by air and show the COPR on the way back, the worst that can happen is he is not allowed back in. Then when I get the PR card I can courier it to him and then he is allowed back in Canada?
What do you guys think?

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Can everyone do me a favor and check your dates on the chart? I am just going through the thread and gave noticed dates are off by a day or two. Also, has anyones file gone in to process yet from those of you that sent it after July?

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
It has been very quiet in here lately. Are we all just patiently waiting?

I know, let's start a poll. How often do you guys come on the forum and read the posts? I come on about once a day.

Gemauru

Mar 28, 2011
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2011
AOR Received.
AIP 26-03-2012
Med's Done....
11-11-2010
LANDED..........
14-03-2012
angtao said:

I know, let's start a poll. How often do you guys come on the forum and read the posts? I come on about once a day.

Hahahahahaha.... I do it minimum twice a day.... :p

Once from work... once from home.... Sometimes have nothing to add.... sometimes no time for comments
But always present!

Am_lina11

Star Member
Oct 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 6 2011
Doc's Request.
30 May 2012
Med's Done....
March 2011/ June 2012
angtao said:

Always present :) what else to do!? Lol

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Awwww, you guys made me feel better already. Wow, I have been in a foul mood all day today because of the NO jump thing. Honestly, most days I am fine but I mean throw us a bone cic, give us at least a couple of days of a jump.

Gemauru, how are you doing? Long time no talk. I hope you at least enjoyed the holidays.

Amlina, thanks for always being here too. Sometimes I need to vent and I feel like no one is listening.

Anyway, thanks for listening guys. I really appreciate it.

ryan_stw

Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I check this thread everytime i am online, which is basically morning, afternoon and evening:) I read everything but rarely comment. I have to commend you Angtao for doing such a good job in keeping this thread alive, vent if you have to, who knows CIC might hear our concerns.

Just a concern:
I dont know if I should be hopeful if i can leave Canada for by brother's wedding this coming April, they said if i am granted OWP, i can leave and come back on the basis that i have a working permit, and to the fact that i still have a TRV Multiple Entry valid until Sept 2012. I asked CIC Agents a few times before, they would neither say yes or no, they can only say that its up to the discretion of the immigration officer, what do you think? thanks and happy new year!