+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INFO SHARING EXPLAINED

Kmane1776

Oct 22, 2018
Hello Everyone,

I need help!

My husband applied for America tourist visa before 2 years and got refusal with not satisfactory reason and at that time agent mention bachelor and master detail wrong by mistake and even we didn't notice at that time,
Now he wants to apply for Canada PR visa but due to wrong information mention in USA Form 16 we are afraid we should apply or not please help me. I'm struggling for this.... and His CRS 464

Waiting for response please help me if anyone can hep me.

Sharon12

Oct 15, 2020
info that are shared in info sharing between US and canada

Appendix B Information that may be shared [Article 5 of the SMU]

1. Name 2. Alias(es) 3. Gender 4. Physical description 5. Date of birth 6. Country of birth 7. Country of last permanent residence 8. Nationality or nationalities 9. Biometrics including photographs and fingerprints 10. Work history 11. Military service 12. Links with terrorist and/or organized crime groups 13. Citizenship or immigration enforcement status and history 14. Travel carrier information 15. Passport and travel document information 16. Personal identification numbers 17. Travel routing, itinerary and history 18. Telephone numbers 19. Addresses 20. Marital status and family composition 21. Immigration status 22. Previous immigration violations 23. Outstanding immigration and criminal warrants for arrest 24. Criminal history and convictions for which no pardon has been granted in Canada or the United States 25. Occupational information 26. Education 27. Grounds of inadmissibility 28. Grounds of removal 29. Documents submitted in support of an application to CIC, INS or DOS or to their successors 30. Other criminal and security intelligence relevant to the purposes set out in 5.1. [Article 2 of the SMU] 31. Other information not listed above, provided it is relevant to the request and consistent with the purposes set ou

see this too
https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/resources/manuals/in/in02-eng.pdf
Hi, do you know if travelling in the usa by bus is considered in the information sharing?

Sawman

Nov 5, 2020
NOC Code......
Hi dears ask for friend :
-the asylum application for my friend has been refused from Netherlands , he want move to canada as student to claim more point and be eligible for EE , is there any chance to get student visa from canada ?
-does he need to declare his refusal asylum application or not ?
thanks in advance

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi dears ask for friend :
-the asylum application for my friend has been refused from Netherlands , he want move to canada as student to claim more point and be eligible for EE , is there any chance to get student visa from canada ?
-does he need to declare his refusal asylum application or not ?
thanks in advance
Yes, he needs to declare the refused asylum application. Otherwise he will end up with a refusal and a five year ban from Canada.

The chances of a student visa are extremely low due to the failed refugee claim.

If he wants to move to Canada, he should focus on qualifying for Express Entry directly and forget about applying for any sort of temporary visa to Canada (i.e. work permit, study permit, TRV).

Ylover207

Star Member
Aug 6, 2020
Not true as it is treaty between Canada and USA only
The difference between Canadain and US residents , citizens or foreign nationals is how thier data treated kept and circulated based on privacy act and the guides in both countries clarify it nothing supports what you said .
They share any info to protect homeland in any cases.
The part of AUS, UK, New Zealand can be under any other treatment but not Info Sharing .
Even to be more clear Info Sharing only mention US as partner. Plus each country have right to disclose or not what they find important to the case.
I explained based on facts and sources not just forum speech.
Hello
In 2017 i have filled the form ds160 to get tourist visa for USA . I paid the fee application in the bank . But then I did not continue the process due to some personal issue : I did not attend the interview and also did not make any biometrics .
Now I am applying for Canada and I have 2 issues :
1- I don’t know what is the sort of my US application in 2017? Refused or not assessed ? PS : i don’t have the application number , the passeport that I used in 2018 already expired , and the agent who filled the form for me shut down and closed his office

2- I remember I did not disclose one work experince in that US application form . Now for canada I am disclosing everything .
I don’t know if US will share any info of mine to canada ( since I didn’t do biometric for US) . I am afraid that US shares info using my name and then canada will find out that I didn’t disclose that work experince to US .

How should I deal with that plz ?!?!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello
In 2017 i have filled the form ds160 to get tourist visa for USA . I paid the fee application in the bank . But then I did not continue the process due to some personal issue : I did not attend the interview and also did not make any biometrics .
Now I am applying for Canada and I have 2 issues :
1- I don’t know what is the sort of my US application in 2017? Refused or not assessed ? PS : i don’t have the application number , the passeport that I used in 2018 already expired , and the agent who filled the form for me shut down and closed his office

2- I remember I did not disclose one work experince in that US application form . Now for canada I am disclosing everything .
I don’t know if US will share any info of mine to canada ( since I didn’t do biometric for US) . I am afraid that US shares info using my name and then canada will find out that I didn’t disclose that work experince to US .

How should I deal with that plz ?!?!
Write and attach a short letter of explanation in your submission to IRCC. As briefly and simply as you can. I.e. started process of applying but did not complete process, do not know if record with US authorities as refused or abandoned application. You submitted a form which now you realize contained some errors.