+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian student going to McGill for Fall 2015. Please help.

Sanket_1991

May 10, 2015
Hello people.
I hope this forum and its members can help me out.

Below is my profile for the study permit.

●Citizen: Indian
●Qualifications: Masters in Biotech from India.2014
●Going to: Mcgill
●Going for:Masters in Biochem 2015 fall
●iELTS DONE.
●CAQ OBTAINED. hard and soft copy both(I can help for caq if anyone requires)

>Funding: stipend of 12-13k cad annual (official letter from univ)
>Funding from family: 55k cad from mother. (I have her support letter)
>i have my mother's bank statements from past 6 months.
>i have my mothers TDS AND ITR copies of 2 last years (Latest).
>i have her employment certificate.

2014 June-2015 March: no experience but was in all honesty applying to various univ. (look below @ query 1).

I have 9 training certificates over 6 years (2008 -btech 4 years plus mtech 2 years-2014). i got distinction in masters thesis (dept rank 2).

Additional docs (check query 2):
>Cover letter
>Sop
>CV
(check query 3) for these:
>Training certificates
>college marksheets
>Ielts (7.5/9, no section less than 7)
>Medical's done (will submit original)

NO GIC OR LOAN TAKEN. No fee payment done as well, because fee payment will be done in August.

I have also read people get rejected because of "home ties" (check query 4).
My case:
1. my mother stays in india. my father works in saudi. (They are married and not separated).
2. my grandparents stay with my mother. they are 92(grandpa) and 89(grandmom) years old.
3. i have valid mediclaim and insurance policies that are being paid.
(note: I am already explaining that I will be coming back to india because of booming research etc...BUT IF YOU CAN HELP ME ELABORATE...THEN THANK YOU! MUCH APPRECIATED)

Queries:
1. Should I show my gap? Its obvious it will come. But how do I explain it?
2. How do I prepare a cover letter and SOP? tried searching this forum and Google web and images but cant get a clear answer. Some say its one and the same, some say both are required...I am kind of confused.
3. Do I have to notarize my photocopied documents?
4. How I do explicitly prove home ties with whatever i have? Since my father stays abroad, will that be a problem?

If someone can help me out, it will be highly appreciated.

Thank you guys! Hope to hear a reply soon.

If you want to send me any document or sample,then please feel free to contact me at: sanketsz @ gmail.com with the same subject as this thread.
or feel free to post below; it could help others as well.
Thank you :)

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
To answer some of your questions...
2. How do I prepare a cover letter and SOP? tried searching this forum and Google web and images but cant get a clear answer. Some say its one and the same, some say both are required...I am kind of confused.

Well in fact SOP is something that the Canadian embassy won't requiere from you... It's good if you send one but not necessary or mandatory.... Of course it may help... There you should talk about how studying in Canada is gonna help in your future and your plans when Yo get back to India...

3. Do I have to notarize my photocopied documents?

It doesn't say anything about that... I sent copies of some documents of mine which were not notarized.... But if you do notarize them is not going to harm you anyways...

4. How I do explicitly prove home ties with whatever i have? Since my father stays abroad, will that be a problem?

For example My brother is a Canadian citizen, I don't have any properties in my country.... I am not married... Have no job offers or anything like that... Even like that 2 days ago u received request for medicals.... Well my parents both have 2 cars and they own 5 departments here.. So I think that is how I showed my ties to my country...

I think it's also a matter of good luck dude..

You have a really strong profile... You will get your visa for sure...

Sanket_1991

May 10, 2015
Hi Wolfpmd3,

Thank you for your inputs. Also, thanks to you and anyone else who has read it. I am sorry if it was too long.

It was very helpful.

Okay for my ties.
I have JUST ONE home (registered in my grandfather and my father's name). I have no shops or any property whatsoever. Thats all I have under "home ties". Do you (or anyone) think that its weak?

Also, under what checklist should I file under?
1. University OR
2. GENERIC ??????
Thanks again!

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
If you don't have strong ties to your coubtru7... A good SOP is your best bet... Remember they want to know you don't want to stay there illegaly afterwards... For your background I can see you are an intelligent guy so I know you'll work it out...

Sanket_1991

May 10, 2015
I highly doubt that. I am having troubles with that. Maybe if someone can suggest some extra points that I may have missed out on. I am kind of worried about it.

Anyway, Thanks!

The help is much appreciated.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Sanket_1991 said:
I highly doubt that. I am having troubles with that. Maybe if someone can suggest some extra points that I may have missed out on. I am kind of worried about it.

Anyway, Thanks!

The help is much appreciated.

I am sure you wrote a letter or statement of interest when you applied for McGill University... You can also use something you wrote there

Try to explain how getting what ever degree is going to help you to reach your professional goals... Also your work expectations in your country after graduation ... It would be great if you can have a letter issued by a possible employer for example which could say that they will be looking forward to hire you once you have completed your degree...

Everything is also a matter of luck.. For example I didn't sent a SOP with my application and was just requested for medicals... So the worst part is over...

Sanket_1991

May 10, 2015
Woah! Awesome!

Yes, I did write a SOP for McGill but then that was why I want to go there and why they should take me.

Here, I have to additionally prove that I WILL COME BACK :p
I have no letter from anyone. Although my mentor does want me to come back and work with him (He works in HIV whereas I want to work in Cancers, so basically chalk and cheese and that wont work to be honest).

So a little more points I have to add. I hope I can manage that. But please give your suggestions as well.

Other people, please please...any input is needed and most welcome!!!

Thanks!