+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Increase in Work Experience points for Express entry

OdinNguyen

Mar 30, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That's still not answering my question, let me keep it simple - how should he proceed then, according to you?
Simple enough. Just get a job and stay with it for 2 months. How hard can it be?

Hi my IELTS bands are 8.5 L, 7.5 S, 7.5 R and 7.5 W. Overall 8 bands. While uploading Express Entry profile with the Embassy the software is giving me 50 points for 2 years and 10 months of work experience. My agent says it's due to a technical fault in the website as I should get only 25 points for work experience. I am confused please help. Y is this happening ?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Calm down mate. Your not her to allow or disallow anything, plus don't put yourself in a position to deny others a life changing oppourtunity...and there is no harm in a second or a third attempt to apply as long as there is no evidence of Misrepresentation
And you shouldn't put you in a position were you are giving advice to people knowingly (or not knowingly due to your own ignorance) that will lead to rejection.

Mar 21, 2018
Simple enough. Just get a job and stay with it for 2 months. How hard it can be?
Wait, what! Its not about being easy or hard; all I am asking is, according to you, AS OF NOW, if someone has a 2 years and 10 months experience, that person CANNOT apply for EE, correct? In simple words, please enlighten me.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wait, what! Its not about being easy or hard; all I am asking is, according to you, AS OF NOW, if someone has a 2 years and 10 months experience, that person CANNOT apply for EE, correct? In simple words, please enlighten me.
He CAN apply, just not by counting 3 years of work experience.

OdinNguyen

Mar 30, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey. Keep your things together. I'm not @DelPiero07 .
Anyway, no one says 2 years 10 months is ineligible. It is just 2 years of experience that countable.

OdinNguyen

Mar 30, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
But its not the applicant who counted 3 years, he/she truly mentioned 2 years and 10 months. May be a LOE, explaining the issue could be sufficient?
I know what you mean. But that is not how CIC works. To them, the online system is just a convenient system where they can keep track of everything no more no less. The backbone of the process is still more or less the same as you submitting the paper application.

Reactions: ajithj

alnemeh82

Mar 10, 2017
Hi my IELTS bands are 8.5 L, 7.5 S, 7.5 R and 7.5 W. Overall 8 bands. While uploading Express Entry profile with the Embassy the software is giving me 50 points for 2 years and 10 months of work experience. My agent says it's due to a technical fault in the website as I should get only 25 points for work experience. I am confused please help. Y is this happening ?
The additional 25 points you have could simply be because your IELTS band is CLB 9 which, doubles up the work experience and education points...I reckon you fill in another EE profile online just to TEST the score and see if the initial score was correct or not. It should not take you more than 10mn...All the best with your application

arjuntalwar22

Mar 23, 2018
The additional 25 points you have could simply be because your IELTS band is CLB 9 which, doubles up the work experience and education points...I reckon you fill in another EE profile online just to TEST the score and see if the initial score was correct or not. It should not take you more than 10mn...All the best with your application
Thanks for the reply I have filled the EE profile twice n it shows 464 both times wat should I do now

alnemeh82

Mar 10, 2017
Thanks for the reply I have filled the EE profile twice n it shows 464 both times wat should I do now
Go for it mate and wish for the best...Just make sure all your typed in details are correct and true and consistent with the details in your submitted documents

Last edited: