+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Increase in Work Experience points for Express entry

arjuntalwar22

Mar 23, 2018
Hi my IELTS bands are 8.5 L, 7.5 S, 7.5 R and 7.5 W. Overall 8 bands. While uploading Express Entry profile with the Embassy the software is giving me 50 points for 2 years and 10 months of work experience. My agent says it's due to a technical fault in the website as I should get only 25 points for work experience. I am confused please help. Y is this happening ?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Because the system calculates work experience by the month and not by specific dates so it tends to give points to the applicant before he/she actually completes X years of work experience.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
But I have left my job. I am not working at the moment .. so what will happen now ?
No matter what the system says you should only be counting 2 years of foreign work experience. That is, if you receive an ITA based on 3 years of work experience you should decline such ITA as you are not entitled to those points (assuming that your score drops below the cutoff score by counting 2 years of foreign work experience).

Your agent should be the one advising on this.

alnemeh82

Mar 10, 2017
I won't decline the ITA opportunity. You have entered your info correctly and the system did the calculation. So just go with it and hope for the best

Reactions: ThenmozhiGv

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I won't decline the ITA opportunity. You have entered your info correctly and the system did the calculation. So just go with it and hope for the best
It is his responsibility to ensure that he's claiming the right number of points. Following your advice will only lead to rejection.

Reactions: fmk8890

alnemeh82

Mar 10, 2017
It is his responsibility to ensure that he's claiming the right number of points. Following your advice will only lead to rejection.
The applicant responsibility is to enter true and correct information and its not his responsibility to know how the calculation system works...If CIC sent him ITA based on the info he entered then he should go with it and if his application is rejected then he can apply again

Reactions: ThenmozhiGv

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The applicant responsibility is to enter true and correct information and its not his responsibility to know how the calculation system works...If CIC sent him ITA based on the info he entered then he should go with it and if his application is rejected then he can apply again
Again, his application will be rejected if the conditions I have stated are met. I will not let you sabotage an applicant by providing advice that will only lead to rejection. I also like how you don't give a damn and simply say "if his application is rejected then he can apply again", sure no worries eh?

Feel free to ask any senior if what you are saying makes any sense whatsoever @jes_ON @scylla

Mar 21, 2018
Again, his application will be rejected if the conditions I have stated are met. I will not let you sabotage an applicant by providing advice that will only lead to rejection. I also like how you don't give a damn and simply say "if his application is rejected then he can apply again", sure no worries eh?

Feel free to ask any senior if what you are saying makes any sense whatsoever @jes_ON @scylla
ok, I am not arguing here buddy, but help me understand this: if a person has 2 years and 10 months experience, and apparently there's a 'glitch' in the system, according to you - he is not eligible anymore for EE? Because if he (the applicant) cannot workaround that 'glitch', that makes him ineligible, apparently.

I tend to agree with alnemeh82 here, that he (the applicant) fed in the information in the most truthful manner (which is part of the Terms/conditions), now, we are "assuming" here that its a 'glicth' with CIC system, but may be thats that bracket they prefer to have. May be they want to round it up to the nearest whole number. thoughts?

ajithj

May 1, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2017-Mar
AOR Received.
2017-Mar
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
2017-Mar
Passport Req..
2017-May
LANDED..........
2017-Jun
Rejection is guaranteed. The employer reference letter will state he worked less than 3 years.

alnemeh82

Mar 10, 2017

Calm down mate. Your not her to allow or disallow anything, plus don't put yourself in a position to deny others a life changing oppourtunity...and there is no harm in a second or a third attempt to apply as long as there is no evidence of Misrepresentation

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ok, I am not arguing here buddy, but help me understand this: if a person has 2 years and 10 months experience, and apparently there's a 'glitch' in the system, according to you - he is not eligible anymore for EE? Because if he (the applicant) cannot workaround that 'glitch', that makes him ineligible, apparently.

I tend to agree with alnemeh82 here, that he (the applicant) fed in the information in the most truthful manner (which is part of the Terms/conditions), now, we are "assuming" here that its a 'glicth' with CIC system, but may be thats that bracket they prefer to have. May be they want to round it up to the nearest whole number. thoughts?
Nobody is talking about ineligibility, so your understanding that "according to you - he is not eligible anymore for EE?" is incorrect. He still meets the MEC but is not entitled to 3 years of work experience. No such thing as rounding up to the nearest number.

Mar 21, 2018
Nobody is talking about ineligibility, so your understanding that "according to you - he is not eligible anymore for EE?" is incorrect. He still meets the MEC but is not entitled to 3 years of work experience. No such thing as rounding up to the nearest number.
That's still not answering my question, let me keep it simple - how should he proceed then, according to you?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That's still not answering my question, let me keep it simple - how should he proceed then, according to you?
1 - Decline the ITA if his score falls below the cutoff score by counting 2 years of work experience.
2 - Proceed with the ITA if he/she has enough time to work for two more months to complete 3 years of work experience before submitting his e-APR.