+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Income for sponsor spouse

KMNg

Nov 4, 2017
Hi everyone!
My case is: I am Canadian and sponsor for my wife. She studied in US (non residence). I just finish school and during the school I have worked and have income tax but it is low.
I just bought the condo and it will finish May 2018. I will put it for rent and make more income. Should I wait couple more years to increase my income?
I have asked couple lawyers and they said my income is low and they refused to help me. They laught at me and said for sure the CIC will refused.
I already fill all the sponsor form but I'm scare. That why I did not send to CIC.
Can someone help me to clear this? Or can some one give me some energy.

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
You dont need a minimum income for sposal sponsorship. Just your noa from 2016 and an employment letter. Read the checklist. Dont hire a lawyer. Its a waste of money

KMNg

Nov 4, 2017
You dont need a minimum income for sposal sponsorship. Just your noa from 2016 and an employment letter. Read the checklist. Dont hire a lawyer. Its a waste of money
Thank you for your helping! I already prepared for NOA, and job letter. But do you think if you have low income ,CIC will put red flag.

sp121212

Apr 20, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
May 24, 2017
Doc's Request.
July 21, 2017
AOR Received.
June 28, 2017
File Transfer...
Aug 2, 2017
Med's Request
June 30, 2017
Med's Done....
July 10, 2017
Passport Req..
28-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-2018
Hi everyone!
My case is: I am Canadian and sponsor for my wife. She studied in US (non residence). I just finish school and during the school I have worked and have income tax but it is low.
I just bought the condo and it will finish May 2018. I will put it for rent and make more income. Should I wait couple more years to increase my income?
I have asked couple lawyers and they said my income is low and they refused to help me. They laught at me and said for sure the CIC will refused.
I already fill all the sponsor form but I'm scare. That why I did not send to CIC.
Can someone help me to clear this? Or can some one give me some energy.
There is no minimum income threshold to support spouse. In my case, I did not work last year and was a full time student outside of Canada, so I did not even have NOA for 2016. On top of that I did not have a job while applying for the application. However, I was approved as a sponsor :) What I did was include my 2015 NOA, included letter from parents that they are willing to help, included my postgraduate degree and included a letter explaining that i was looking for job in my field in the mean time, and also included my notice from my bank with my savings.

Therefore, do not worry about it. Apply for sponsorship as you will be approved. However try to put as many evidences supporting your low income case as possible. Also for every document you do not have, include a letter as to why you do not have it!

Good Luck!!

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
Thank you for your helping! I already prepared for NOA, and job letter. But do you think if you have low income ,CIC will put red flag.
They dont look at income... read the guide and the checklist. Youre fine

KMNg

Nov 4, 2017
There is no minimum income threshold to support spouse. In my case, I did not work last year and was a full time student outside of Canada, so I did not even have NOA for 2016. On top of that I did not have a job while applying for the application. However, I was approved as a sponsor :) What I did was include my 2015 NOA, included letter from parents that they are willing to help, included my postgraduate degree and included a letter explaining that i was looking for job in my field in the mean time, and also included my notice from my bank with my savings.

Therefore, do not worry about it. Apply for sponsorship as you will be approved. However try to put as many evidences supporting your low income case as possible. Also for every document you do not have, include a letter as to why you do not have it!

Good Luck!!
Thank you for sharing your story! I feel more confident now

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
They dont look at income... read the guide and the checklist. Youre fine
Yes, they do look. While there is no minimum income requirement, a couple must show that they can support themselves without welfare. Apps can and have been refused based on finances.

Reactions: KMNg

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
You need to show how you and your spouse will support yourselves. Write a solid plan on how you will do this. You can show savings, income, your spouse's income, your income potentials etc. If your families will help, get letters from them.

Reactions: KMNg

KMNg

Nov 4, 2017
You need to show how you and your spouse will support yourselves. Write a solid plan on how you will do this. You can show savings, income, your spouse's income, your income potentials etc. If your families will help, get letters from them.
How can letter from family look like? I dont know how to write it, can you help me ? Or any idea or example please??? I really appreciated