+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Implied Status, please help!

geran321414

Oct 7, 2011
Hello there,

I submitted my family sponsorship application along with my work permit application on 2011/06/26 and they received it 2011/07/05. I am from China, Beijing and my common-law partner is from Canada. I am currently working at a Canadian bank and they would not provide LMO for me due to their guideline. I am currently on implied status and waiting for the response and according to the official website, they are working on the application that they received from 2010/11/10.
My question will be how and where I can get a letter indicating that I am on implied status, so I can renew my driver license and so forth. I read in couple of articles that there is a way to get it. But I contacted immigration Canada and the answer is no that they don't provide such thing. Many thanks in advance.

Susan

newlife23

Feb 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Kuala Lumpur
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th October 2011
Med's Done....
25-07-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-02-2012
LANDED..........
Landed with God's grace on 7/3/2012
You will not receive an official letter stating that you are on implied status. Your receipt from payment made to extend or change your status and photocopy of your applications are the only proofs.

geran321414

Oct 7, 2011
Did anyone have the same experience? I am worried about my DL and my health card renewal. They both expire the coming Jan., but based on the processing time-line. There is no way I can get a response before that. Please let me know if you have any solution for that. Many thanks! :)

lovely20

Mar 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2010
geran321414 said:
Thanks for the answer.

Is there a way that I can renew my driver license or health card? :-X

We live in Alberta, and when my hubby's license expired he was not able to renew it because they were asking for a valid work permit then or the first stage approval from CIC. He wasn't able to drive for a couple of months. Same thing with Alberta Health, it expired as soon as his WP expired but they gave us a one-time 90 days extension. After the extension lapsed, we had to wait for his open work permit to be able to renew.

ilovecanada4ever

Star Member
Jun 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2011
Med's Done....
30-06-2011
geran, come in and join us at the group of inland application 2011. ;)

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
During the period I was on implied status, I was unable to renew my driving licence or health card.

It is a scary time for sure, I was praying that nothing serious happened to me or my son during those few months.

Implied status does not give you very many rights, except to remain in Canada and work at the same job.

rouvie

Star Member
Oct 4, 2011
hi susan,

i guess you got an answer for your question already..just additional, you will be implied status upon receiving your application..as long as yo didn't exceed the 90 days period before you apply for work permit..or if you have inland application you don't have to worry that much, that's the benefit of applying inland..just try not to get pregnant while waiting for your first approval.. :)

geran321414

Oct 7, 2011
Hi rouvie,

Thank you for the advise. I was thinking about that. But figured that I would not be able to get mat. leave benefit. ::) I really want a baby though~ They are so cute! ;)

rouvie

Star Member
Oct 4, 2011
that's my own experience. i'm implied status right now..i got pregnant last year then i gave birth to my daughter last april, and my WP expired last june. i'm not done with my mat leave yet and sure EI cut me off..so i'm not receiving any money which is sucks. but hopefully I'll get my PR soon so i can get EI before dec..just assuming :) :) well, its hard not recieving benefits when you know you work for it..but one thing I never regret is having a beautiful baby..to think about getting pregnant ryt now is pretty expensive, cause you have to pay every appointment and the worst scenario is to pay your hospital bills which I found out atleast you have 20-50G's...that's alot of money ;)

abhi1988

Jan 27, 2015
Hi everyone! I am in saskatchewan, on IMPLIED status. There has always been much confusion about renewing driver's license, health card etc while on implied status. I got my driver's license renewed for 8 months from the expiry date of my work permit (expired one) with the receipt from CIC (for the extension of my WP) and the confirmation letter from CIC that they received my application for extension of WP. Health card cannot be renewed until you get new WP, but hang on to all the receipts that you would come across paying for health care during this time, and it will be reimbursed as health cards are back dated. Just so everyone know and hope this will help somebody!

MrWenger

Feb 20, 2015
Hi Everybody. I lived in Saskatchewan and my work permit is going to expire next month meaning I will be on IMPLIED STATUS by then. I was able to extend my drivers license TODAY in which I was given 8 months extension. To do this, I will advise you to go directly to SGI office instead of your insurance broker as they (insurance broker) sometimes dont understand the process of doing the extension. The documents SGI asked for will be your (1) Your CIC work permit extension submission confirmation page (2) Your CIC work permit extension payment receipt.

I was also able to submit application for Health Card coverage extension. I did it online meaning you will have to register to have an account with them then upload the required documents. The documents they asked for is (1) CIC Acknowledgement of receipt of the application (2) Provincial Nominee Certificate. I wont able to tell how many months extension they give me until I get the new card in my mailbox. You can call ehealth Saskatchewan on 306-787-3251 to find out what to do in case you are still confused.

Edward F.

Jul 10, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2014
Nomination.....
09-16-2014
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
Med's Request
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
05-11-2014
Interview........
N/a
Passport Req..
12-20-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2016
LANDED..........
waiting
MrWenger said:
Hi Everybody. I lived in Saskatchewan and my work permit is going to expire next month meaning I will be on IMPLIED STATUS by then. I was able to extend my drivers license TODAY in which I was given 8 months extension. To do this, I will advise you to go directly to SGI office instead of your insurance broker as they (insurance broker) sometimes dont understand the process of doing the extension. The documents SGI asked for will be your (1) Your CIC work permit extension submission confirmation page (2) Your CIC work permit extension payment receipt.

I was also able to submit application for Health Card coverage extension. I did it online meaning you will have to register to have an account with them then upload the required documents. The documents they asked for is (1) CIC Acknowledgement of receipt of the application (2) Provincial Nominee Certificate. I wont able to tell how many months extension they give me until I get the new card in my mailbox. You can call ehealth Saskatchewan on 306-787-3251 to find out what to do in case you are still confused.
What is the CIC work permit extension submission confirmation page? Is this the ackmowledgement of receipt CiC will send after they receive my work permit extension paper application?