+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Implied Status of Spouse and Foreign Worker

elicas

Sep 19, 2024
Hi Guys, i have been searching threads for this topic but can’t seem to find the right answer on my question. So here is my situation
I am currently holding a Spouse Open working Permit tied to my wife as International Foreign Worker and our permit is expiring this November 2024. Luckily my employer is willing to give me LMIA and i will apply my wife for her Spouse Open work Permit. They applied the LMIA last March 2024 but we are still wait for the decision.
Can we both apply for Implied Status while waiting for my LMIA. And can she start working on an Open work Permit under implied status?

zpat007

Sep 18, 2024
Hi Guys, i have been searching threads for this topic but can’t seem to find the right answer on my question. So here is my situation
I am currently holding a Spouse Open working Permit tied to my wife as International Foreign Worker and our permit is expiring this November 2024. Luckily my employer is willing to give me LMIA and i will apply my wife for her Spouse Open work Permit. They applied the LMIA last March 2024 but we are still wait for the decision.
Can we both apply for Implied Status while waiting for my LMIA. And can she start working on an Open work Permit under implied status?
Same Case for me - You can both apply for work permits (say extension or change in conditions or whatever) and will get an AOR that you both have to maintain the status. It means your wife has to work with the same employer (while she was on a closed work permit).