+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMPLIED STATUS INLAND APP

neilepps

Mar 29, 2015
i have everything done for my OWP i just need to send it my 6 months is up come thursday once its paid for will i have implied status or do they need to have the app in there hands because i dont know how to send my pics with it since i cant scan them so i have to overnight the app and not do it online does anyone know ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
neilepps said:
i have everything done for my OWP i just need to send it my 6 months is up come thursday once its paid for will i have implied status or do they need to have the app in there hands because i dont know how to send my pics with it since i cant scan them so i have to overnight the app and not do it online does anyone know ?
CIC needs to physically receive your application before your status in Canada expires in order for you to have implied status. Paying the fees isn't enough.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In reading through your previous posts, it appears that you did NOT include an OWP with the Inland application. This means that sending an OWP now will NOT give you implied status and you should now apply to extend your status.

A person must include the OWP with the Inland application, prior to their status expiring, to have implied status. Sending an OWP at any time after the Inland application does nothing to extend their status.

neilepps

Mar 29, 2015
we where told by a cic agent and an immigration lawer that we could send adjustment of status along with the extra money for the work permit im just trying to figure out how to get my pics so they will be accepted to send the app online how do we get the pics attatched to the app?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
neilepps said:
we where told by a cic agent and an immigration lawer that we could send adjustment of status along with the extra money for the work permit im just trying to figure out how to get my pics so they will be accepted to send the app online how do we get the pics attatched to the app?
Well, I've never known an OWP that was submitted after an Inland application has already been received by CIC, to actually`adjust' a person's status.

Good luck!

neilepps

Mar 29, 2015
i apricate the help i would like to know how do i attatch my pics so i can submit my app online

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Perhaps you're thinking about a person that already holds a valid work permit. In that case, sending an OWP before it expires would give them implied status, but...this really won't do much for you at all, since you only have valid visitor status, correct?

And, what pics are you referring to? For an OWP for an Inland applicant, there isn't a request for pics. The PR pics are submitted with the Inland application.

What pics are you trying to send?

neilepps

Mar 29, 2015
yes just visitor status and this is what i was told to do ... i reall would just like to know how do i attach my passport pics to the app if im applying online

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
neilepps said:
yes just visitor status and this is what i was told to do ... i reall would just like to know how do i attach my passport pics to the app if im applying online
But I'm trying to tell you (politely) that this will NOT give you implied status!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just sent a PM to a senior member asking for their help.

AFAIK, you can still submit the OWP and if CIC receives it before your status expires, they will process it under the new pilot program that was announced back in December. The problem is...the OWP will not give you implied status, so you must now apply to extend your visitor status. If you do not, and you fall out of status, CIC will not issue your OWP because it is a requirement that you be in-status.

Hopefully, there will be someone else to comment on this ASAP.

Sorry, but that's all I know.

neilepps

Mar 29, 2015
yes exactly thats what im trying to do im not out of status yet so once again how do i get my passport pics into the app so i can submit it online?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
But...the OWP will NOT give you implied status, so you will also need to apply to extend your status before it expires. Otherwise, your OWP will NOT be approved.

Why not take a picture of your passport from your phone and email the image to yourself? You could then upload it to CIC, right?