+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

implied status and LMO rejected

loan_888

Dec 12, 2009
Hi,
im a contract worker in the hospitality industry house keeping room attendant, my work permit already expired on last august 2009, i receive a letter from the immigration that they refused my application for my work permit because i dont have a valid LMO. after i receive the letter my employer file my LMO second week of september and i already expired so i stop working after my expiration. they give me 90 days to restore my status till november,, after that we receive a reply that LMO rejected because lack of advertisement, so my employer file my restoration untill march to extend my stay in the country and to sponsor my residency under the ainp program next year, untill now i did not receive yet a reply from the immigration about my restoration... can any one give advice about this situation. its my first time to encounter this problem. help me i need your opinion. can i apply for another employer´.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
loan_888 said:
Hi,
im a contract worker in the hospitality industry house keeping room attendant, my work permit already expired on last august 2009, i receive a letter from the immigration that they refused my application for my work permit because i dont have a valid LMO. after i receive the letter my employer file my LMO second week of september and i already expired so i stop working after my expiration. they give me 90 days to restore my status till november,, after that we receive a reply that LMO rejected because lack of advertisement, so my employer file my restoration untill march to extend my stay in the country and to sponsor my residency under the ainp program next year, untill now i did not receive yet a reply from the immigration about my restoration... can any one give advice about this situation. its my first time to encounter this problem. help me i need your opinion. can i apply for another employer´.
Hi,

Did you file the application for restoration of status within 90 days of the expiration of your work permit? It usually takes a while before CPC-V replies.

loan_888

Dec 12, 2009
hello,

to very one does any one know how to apply for another extension because my restoration expire on march...i need help and your advice...

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
loan_888 said:
hello,

to very one does any one know how to apply for another extension because my restoration expire on march...i need help and your advice...
Were you able to get an approved restoration of status? If you did you can probably extend as a visitor or if your employer had filed for a new LMO (after complying with the requisite advertisements), then you can file for an extension as a worker and a new work permit.