+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Impact of scholarship on PR application

Hussainkhan2019

Jul 7, 2019
My wife is abt to complete her masters and then she will apply PGWP. We thought she would get PNP and then PR as with Canadian masters her profile is stronger than mine.
Problem is that she received some scholarship from our home country and that she mentioned in LOE while applying for SP.
Now when she created EE profile there’s a question if she has received any scholarship under which she’s required to go back to home country.
Any idea what impact it will have if she answers yes to the question?

Hussainkhan2019

Jul 7, 2019
Does that scholarship require her to return to her home country?
Thanks for your response dear.

Yes it does. But it’s not those sort of regular scholarships that r available for open competition. It was exclusively available for her department. In her CAIPSGCMS there’s no mention of scholarship but we don’t wanna risk by answering NO to the question in EE profile about scholarship.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Thanks for your response dear.

Yes it does. But it’s not those sort of regular scholarships that r available for open competition. It was exclusively available for her department. In her CAIPSGCMS there’s no mention of scholarship but we don’t wanna risk by answering NO to the question in EE profile about scholarship.
Well, the answer is simple - always tell the truth. If you try and lie on a PR application, you're setting yourself up to be banned for five years.

Hussainkhan2019

Jul 7, 2019
Well, the answer is simple - always tell the truth. If you try and lie on a PR application, you're setting yourself up to be banned for five years.
Yes. That’s well understood. But my question is about the impact of mentioning the scholarship in EE profile. I mean will my wife be asked to go back and apply only after rendering the service s condition of scholarship or its just for the sake of information.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes. That’s well understood. But my question is about the impact of mentioning the scholarship in EE profile. I mean will my wife be asked to go back and apply only after rendering the service s condition of scholarship or its just for the sake of information.
You should really be resolving the issue with your home country before applying for PR. Some countries allow you to pay a fee in return for you not returning. Certainly not following through can be an issue. It becomes an issue for Canada with the country if students don’t follow through with the terms of their scholarship. If you include a letter proving that you have resolved the issue with your home country and show proof of this with your PR application that will certainly help.

Reactions: Hussainkhan2019

Hussainkhan2019

Jul 7, 2019
You should really be resolving the issue with your home country before applying for PR. Some countries allow you to pay a fee in return for you not returning. Certainly not following through can be an issue. It becomes an issue for Canada with the country if students don’t follow through with the terms of their scholarship. If you include a letter proving that you have resolved the issue with your home country and show proof of this with your PR application that will certainly help.
Thanks a lot. That makes sense. We can do that.