+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration advice needed

sach_nyc

Feb 25, 2010
Hello friends, My niece is in 10th grade in india. She want me to advice her on immigration to canada. She want to have right education path and planning in place to make this future move when she is old enough. What advice should I give so that she has good path to Canadian life?

PS: Her parents are not very rich and belong to indian middle class

thanks
Sach

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
If the current immigration rules will be the same 10 years from now, she should get at least a professional or graduate degree (so good grades so she can get scholarships), maybe in the IT field if that interests her; be fluent in English, and get at least 3-5 years of full time work experience, even in India, to be able to start the process before she turns 30. Earn enough money on her own.

If she marries, only marry someone with the same profile as above. Or marry a Canadian.

But rules and demands can change in 10 years.

Last edited:

sach_nyc

Feb 25, 2010
If the current immigration rules will be the same 10 years from now, she should get at least a professional or graduate degree (so good grades so she can get scholarships), maybe in the IT field if that interests her; be fluent in English, and get at least 3-5 years of full time work experience, even in India, to be able to start the process before she turns 30. Earn enough money on her own.

If she marries, only marry someone with the same profile as above. Or marry a Canadian.

But rules and demands can change in 10 years.
Thanks. what is advice when she wants to immigrate like when around 22-25?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Thanks. what is advice when she wants to immigrate like when around 22-25?
Get a master’s degree by 19 years old and work full time for 3 years.

Or learn fluent French.

That’s not realistic for most people. Mid-to-late 20s is the most ideal and realistic.

You already said her parents’ funds are limited, so studying in Canada is out of the question. She would be able to migrate in her early 20s in that scenario.

Better advice yet, I suggest you, her parents, and her look at the Express Entry scoring and make the calculations.

sach_nyc

Feb 25, 2010
Get a master’s degree by 19 years old and work full time for 3 years.

Or learn fluent French.

That’s not realistic for most people. Mid-to-late 20s is the most ideal and realistic.

You already said her parents’ funds are limited, so studying in Canada is out of the question. She would be able to migrate in her early 20s in that scenario.

Better advice yet, I suggest you, her parents, and her look at the Express Entry scoring and make the calculations.
thanks. how much funds will be needed if she wants to study in canada? I'll let her parents make decision. Also, how to choose which canadian university and what stream is best for PR?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
thanks. how much funds will be needed if she wants to study in canada? I'll let her parents make decision. Also, how to choose which canadian university and what stream is best for PR?
According to an earlier post I saw from scylla, about CA$25,000.

Choosing a Canadian university is a loaded and personal decision.

If she and her family are really serious about her migrating, then they should do the research themselves or hire an immigration consultant.

sach_nyc

Feb 25, 2010
According to an earlier post I saw from scylla, about CA$25,000.

Choosing a Canadian university is a loaded and personal decision.

If she and her family are really serious about her migrating, then they should do the research themselves or hire an immigration consultant.
$25000 CAD for both bachelors and masters?

immigration consultant - where they can find one in delhi?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

$25,000 is what she would need to show upfront. To complete both degrees, expect close to $150,000.

sach_nyc

Feb 25, 2010
$25,000 is what she would need to show upfront. To complete both degrees, expect close to $150,000.
$150000 is lot of money for them for sure. so, seems like doing bachelors and masters in india from say Amity university in HR management will be good for her to immigrate to canada? so, she should try for more elite universities?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
$150000 is lot of money for them for sure. so, seems like doing bachelors and masters in india from say Amity university in HR management will be good for her to immigrate to canada? so, she should try for more elite universities?
Would really encourage her to get into the IT field, automation, robotics, AI, etc. Would count on most Foreign degrees having little value in Canada. Experience working in a large multinational would be better. She may need to further her education when in Canada to have some Canadian education on her resume. You can do a masters or a PG diploma for 50-75K.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

No. $25,000 for each year she studies in Canada. She will need to pay international student fees which are high and also have enough money for living expenses as well. So you're looking at around $150,000 for both the bachelors and masters.

sach_nyc

Feb 25, 2010
Is anybody answering this question has Indian nationality? It could be different challenge immigrating from India than from say france. so, if somebody has more perspective on immigration planning from india to canada, it will be great!

Connectuae

Sep 20, 2018
UAE
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Dubai
Hello friends, My niece is in 10th grade in india. She want me to advice her on immigration to canada. She want to have right education path and planning in place to make this future move when she is old enough. What advice should I give so that she has good path to Canadian life?

PS: Her parents are not very rich and belong to indian middle class

thanks
Sach
If she is in grade 10 i guess she will be around 15-16, by the time she completes secondary levels she will be 17-18.
I have two career paths for her both tested by my old roommates.(both from india)
Roommate 1- She completed Bachelors of pharmacy in India, Then took 2 years pharmacy technician program from seneca college, based on two year program she got 3 years post graduate work permit in Canada. In those 3 years she challenged OSCE(pharmacy) in canada got pharmacy license from ontario. At age 25-26 she is currently earning around 100000CAD/year as a pharmacist in walmart pharmacy. She got PR under ontario PNP.

Roommate 2- Bsc nursing in India at age 24. Moved to Canada under ‘practical nursing’ 2 year diploma. Got 3 year work permit. Then moved to new foundland to get PR via PNP. Currently working as critical care nurse.