+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

immediate advise required!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

askahlon

Jul 9, 2008
I applied for PR in Canada in July 2002 at the CHC, New Delhi . In Feb 2008 I was asked to update my file which i did. However earlier(in DEC 2007) my elder son went to US for his masters. In May 2008 I received medical papers and PCC was asked by the CHC. I called my son back from USA got the PCC and Medical exam done. My son could stay here and wait for the passport request because his semester was finished and holidays were going on. Now I have recieved the Passport Request but they have demanded the following things:-
1) PCC of my son done from US
2) FBI fingerprints of my elder son
and have given me a time period of two months for this.
I have immediately sent my son bact to US for all this stuff.
Now the problem is
1)FBI clearance takes 16-18 weeks while I have at most 8.
2)Even if he sends all these documents within the time period, we can't take a risk by calling him back here because by that time his semester would have started in US and his passport can't be sent via mail or any courier service.
3) Even if he comes and submits his passport along with whole of my family, then we are not sure how much time will they take to issue the visas. What if they take more than 6 months and say no because of some reason or the other and by that time my son's US visa will also get cancelled and his career???????????????????????

Please reply with any useful advise immediately.

Thank You

GK

Dec 18, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2008
Passport Req..
20-07-2008
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2008
LANDED..........
01-10-2008
It says on the FBI web site it takes 16-18 weeks, but anyone I have talked to got the records back in less than 3 weeks. My record took about 2 weeks. While submitting the fingerprints to FBI - send them two fingerprint cards, just in case one would be of bad quality. This way they don't have to ask you to redo it. Also, specify on the envelope that you need you records before a certain date and specify the purpose of the request. Example, I wrote, "Need records by DD/MM/YY for Canadian Immigration, please expedite". Believe me it works. They are very helpful. For the state police records I did the same thing and they were all very helpful and I got my copies within 2 weeks.

askahlon

Jul 9, 2008
To GK

Thanks for the answer.....But I want to make some clarifications...........

1) Where to obtain the FBI Card???????
a) Should I download it...........
b) Should I go to any organisation or police station
2) How is the FBI card sent???????????
a) through ordinary mail.
b) or through any courier service.

Please reply.............

GK

Dec 18, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2008
Passport Req..
20-07-2008
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2008
LANDED..........
01-10-2008
You can download the fingerprint cards from the FBI website. Take the fingerpint cards to the police station, court house/jail or a private organization that does fingerprinting. Read the instructions on the FBI website where to send it. Make sure to enclose the check/money order, or credit card number (form for credit card payment can also be downloaded from FBI website). Make sure you incldue everything they ask for and follow the instruction. I sent regular mail. On the outside of the envelope write the date you need them, purpose of the request and ask them to expedite - don't forget the magic word "please"...

immicanada

Jul 7, 2008
Try using the electronic finger-printing avialble at certain police station in US. Then FBI send the results in one week's time in normal case. You need to find out which electronic finger printing Police Station is close to your son's home in US.